hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Scotland team confirmed

Gordon

Hutton Caldwell Webster Wallace

Robson Brown D Fletcher Thomson McFadden

Miller

Good team imo aside from Misser upfront, who will as always miss pathetically easy chances by thinking too much. Let's hope Levein has him found out tomorrow.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We're at home and should play 4-4-2, I'm not a fan of the 4-5-1 system unless away from home

not the tallest 2 central defenders.

Kenny Miller up front on his own.

I thought friendlies would be a time for trying something different.

Graham Dorrans should be starting IMO.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    What has Kevin Thomson done to merit his spot in the team? Oh thats right, he plays for Rangers

No Graham Dorrans? He's been excellent for WBA this season and deserves a chance. It's a shame Fletch is injured as I think he should be given more of a role in the team.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What has Kevin Thomson done to merit his spot in the team? Oh thats right, he plays for Rangers

No Graham Dorrans? He's been excellent for WBA this season and deserves a chance. It's a shame Fletch is injured as I think he should be given more of a role in the team.
    I reckon Levein would have started him ahead of Miller had he not picked up the injury.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Why the hell are we playing Miller upfront on his own AGAIN? IT DOESNT WORK

I think it's not a bad side, it might be 4-5-1 but there are a lot of naturally attacking players in the midfield.

Pleased for KT, he deserved a place in the squad/team when he was still at Hibs and only injuries have delayed his first start.

Also would have picked Whittaker over Hutton simply because it's a friendly and he needs some game time.

Gutted for Fletch, I'm sure Levein would have had him leading the line if he hadn't picked up the injury.

From a Hibs point of view that's three players in the starting line up from our youth set up and Caldwell made his name at ER too as a young player. With Fletch and Whittaker hopefully playing a significant role in the future we'll have produced half the Scotland team!

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiolex1 View Post
    We're at home and should play 4-4-2, I'm not a fan of the 4-5-1 system unless away from home
    If your playing this sort o system then there really needs to be a bigger possibility of goals from your midfield, apart from Mcfadden who´s got a goal in them from open play in Scotlands line up?

Testimonial Due
    Oh well, I assume Boyd will be announcing his retirement from international football again in the next few hours then...

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62

There on merit in my eyes
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

I don't see where the width is coming from. Faddy, good player, but not pacy, and Robson Has he looked good at Boro?

Absolutely raging Kenny 10 sitters Miller is in again.

How many ****ing easy chances at International level does that **** have to miss before getting dropped?

How many goals did he score in the last qualifying campaign?

And 4-5-1 at home in a friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Kenny Miller up front on his own.

I thought friendlies would be a time for trying something different.

Graham Dorrans should be starting IMO.

Agree totally with your post
    Also there a few in that team who have been "tried and found guilty " at this level on more than one occasion in the past !!
    Caldwell , Miller , for starters

Surely Dorrans " the best midfielder in the Championship" deserved a chance .

Was not one who was enthusiastic about "Harry P" getting the Scotland job .
    Hope they do well all the same .

Left by mutual consent!
    Get yer big dosh on the czech's

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    If your playing this sort o system then there really needs to be a bigger possibility of goals from your midfield, apart from Mcfadden who´s got a goal in them from open play in Scotlands line up?
    Barry Robson had a terrific scoring record under Levein so pressumably Levein sees him as being a goal threat.

I also think Brown could be a threat going forward under the right manager with the right players around him.

I was never keen on Levein getting the job but TBH i don't think thats that bad a team, 4-5-1 is probably how we'll have to play against the better teams so it makes sense to get used to this formation under the new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee62 View Post
    Oh well, I assume Boyd will be announcing his retirement from international football again in the next few hours then...

If Potter wants to go 451 at home then I don't see much international future for Boyd.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernating View Post
    If Potter wants to go 451 at home then I don't see much international future for Boyd.
    Playing against better teams 4-5-1 is a decent formation, regardless if we're at home or not.

I'm sure in the games against the lesser teams he'll be used and he's a good player to have coming off the bench if we need a goal in the bigger games.

As odious as Katie is, he's there on merit. By all accounts, he's been playing well and probably better than Brown this season.

You're right about Dorrans though. We can't afford to be not giving a chance to £6m-rated players.

What has Kevin Thomson done to merit his spot in the team? Oh thats right, he plays for Rangers :rolleyes:

best player on the park by a mile last week.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Playing against better teams 4-5-1 is a decent formation, regardless if we're at home or not.

I'm sure in the games against the lesser teams he'll be used and he's a good player to have coming off the bench if we need a goal in the bigger games.
    Czechs are one of those teams, Croatia comong to mind, who are a bit up & down, solid & scorin team for a few years then 3 or 4 big players retire & then you need to get at them, scandinavian nations can be the same, Denmark, Sweden, Norway come good for a few years then they are not so strong, this is a friendly so gie the new manager the benefit of the doubt but it would appear they are not quite as strong as recently, personally I would like to have a bit of a go at them, but new manager & all I will certainly give our manager all the backing he deserves. However, if it isnae 2 out of 2 against the Czechs after having had a look at them at home & playing a defensive setup.... He´s back to bein potter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    Gordon

Hutton Caldwell Webster Wallace

Robson Brown D Fletcher Thomson McFadden

Miller

Good team imo aside from Misser upfront, who will as always miss pathetically easy chances by thinking too much. Let's hope Levein has him found out tomorrow.
    FFS- lone ferking wolf miller. I really do not see what he brings to this team. Just a headless chicken. Pity Fletch did his hand in as I wolud like to see him start. Now a proven EPL scorer so should start any Scotland game now.
    Apart from that I can' t see us having much better out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    You're right about Dorrans though. We can't afford to be not giving a chance to £6m-rated players.
    I thought Dorrans and Snodgrass might have been included, both doing big things for WBA and Leeds.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Looks a good and solid team to me, midfield looks very strong and glad Thomson is in as he is exactly what the team needs. Strange one for me is Webster, would have thought Berra would have been in.

Blog Entries
    Strong midfield three with loads of years before them....could work really well.

Fletch has been playing in 4-5-1 for a lot of the season so will get his chance there when fit..

As posted...where does this leave boyd

Robson good option for set plays

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Put a Scotland strip on me and I'll make an erse of myself for 90 minutes running around like a headless chicken and fluffing a few one-on-ones.

Kenny f****ng Miller......f*** me
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    best player on the park by a mile last week.

Don't agree I'm afraid, I had my eye on him througout the game on Sunday and never really did much, was playing his "Fergie" role and playing quite deep, anyway he's a fanny

Kenny Miller has been excellent for Rangers this season, and is in possibly the best form of his career.

Why drop him now? Should be a clean slate for every player after the shambles of George Burley's time in charge.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Austin View Post
    Kenny Miller has been excellent for Rangers this season, and is in possibly the best form of his career.

Why drop him now? Should be a clean slate for every player after the shambles of George Burley's time in charge.
    I once saw him absolutely scare the living sh*t out of a great Italian defence at Hampden a few years back where he scored with a fantastic glancing header.

Sadly, I can't remember any other performances in the dark blue of Scotland that even compare to that game. He's a workhorse who looks good in the SPL and that's about it. He's maybe better than most of the choices we've got but how many chances does he need (literally) before he's emptied and another player gets his chance?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    KENNY MILLER

Slightly annoys me when the "but he runs for the jersey" line is used. He has missed sitters for scotland (Holland at Hampden anyone) and is absolute garbage. I can run for scotland, i would run and run and run, but does that make me useful to the team.

Why has craig levein got the job? He has won nothing in his career.