hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

East Stand - effect on Season Ticket Sales.

With the building of the East Stand and the resulting increase in the ground capacity there will be plenty of good viewing areas throughout the stadium.

In my opinion this could result in a decrease in future season ticket sales as more and more people may choose to pay "walk up" prices.

There could, however, be an initial honeymoon period where attendances show an increase but this is more likely to be from game to game sales rather than season ticket sales.

Team performances and TV coverage are other areas which can influence attendances but overall I think that there could be decrease in future season ticket sales because of the new east Stand.

I hope I'm wrong and time will tell.

2. Log in to remove the advert

League position and price will have the biggest bearing IMO.

The board need to be careful about the pricing next season, after the dreadful ****** last season prices were reduced to 2007 prices for season tickets, if the board stick them up 2010 prices that could be a £30-50 hike, which in turn will put alot of people off.

Finish 3rd, have a tiny increase (or even decrease to entice a few more sales?) aswell as the honeymoon period with the new stand I think we could be looking at 12-13000+

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the building of the East Stand and the resulting increase in the ground capacity there will be plenty of good viewing areas throughout the stadium.

In my opinion this could result in a decrease in future season ticket sales as more and more people may choose to pay "walk up" prices.

There could, however, be an initial honeymoon period where attendances show an increase but this is more likely to be from game to game sales rather than season ticket sales.

Team performances and TV coverage are other areas which can influence attendances but overall I think that there could be decrease in future season ticket sales because of the new east Stand.

I hope I'm wrong and time will tell.
    Previous experience suggests that a new stand opening will boost season ticket sales. It certainly did when the North Stand and the West Stand opened.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Am I right in saying that all prices have to be the same for a similar seat. I.E North Lower and South Lower have to be the same price?

If this is the case then could the club not lower prices for the East & West (season tickets & walk ups) hopefully encouraging more fans back. They could offer big family discounts (season tickets) for the North meaning the South (away fans) could still be charged the same price.

I'm not sure if this is feasible, or if indeed the club would even consider lowering any prices. I just feel someone needs to buck the trend of high SPL prices, why not us? if high/increased prices continue then I don't think there will be much improvement on attendances, a lot of people simply can't afford it these days.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Am I right in saying that all prices have to be the same for a similar seat. I.E North Lower and South Lower have to be the same price?

If this is the case then could the club not lower prices for the East & West (season tickets & walk ups) hopefully encouraging more fans back. They could offer big family discounts (season tickets) for the North meaning the South (away fans) could still be charged the same price.

I'm not sure if this is feasible, or if indeed the club would even consider lowering any prices. I just feel someone needs to buck the trend of high SPL prices, why not us? if high/increased prices continue then I don't think there will be much improvement on attendances, a lot of people simply can't afford it these days.

I seem to remember something along those lines but it related to what clubs charged for visiting fans. Quite rightly, IMHO, clubs should charge visiting fans the same as home fans in any comparable quality of seating.

For instance, if Hibs reduce the price for the FF front to lower than the rest of the stadium, fans in the South Stand front, whether Hibs or away fans, have to be charged the same price.

This is irrelevant at ER, though, as walk up prices are identical for all seats. I think that's actually bizzare as there should be an increasing scale of pricing, the same as everywhere else,

e.g. Old Trafford

I think a 3rd place finish with the prospect of a decent European tie would increase attendances.

Add in a cup win...

Putting up the prices would be a big mistake IMO.

Isn't there talk of paying over a year by direct debit? If the club do a good job of advertising this it could make a bit of a difference. I know I always struggle to get the money together every year and paying over 4 months doesn't make much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    Isn't there talk of paying over a year by direct debit? If the club do a good job of advertising this it could make a bit of a difference. I know I always struggle to get the money together every year and paying over 4 months doesn't make much difference.

Im sure recently there has been talk,or typing so to speak on here about something along the lines of a 10month payment plan, e,g a payment ever month for 10months.

i do agree about it needing to be advertised well though,Do any other clubs get fans to pay there st's by a monthly dd?If so how has it worked?

Marketing for next season's ST's will be launched this month. That will include the 10 monthly payment option.

Bearing in mind that they went down for this season, I would be amazed if prices don't go up a little.

Think a lot of people will wait until they see what East Stand is like before deciding on season ticket renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker II View Post
    Think a lot of people will wait until they see what East Stand is like before deciding on season ticket renewal.
    What do they support? Hibs or a building?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    What do they support? Hibs or a building?
    I think he meant that people will hold off to get there ticket in the East. Rather than buy a season ticket then move.

out of interest how many season tickets did we sell this season??

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissy_g88 View Post
    out of interest how many season tickets did we sell this season??

Not enough!

new ticket holders for the east will be able to pick their seats easily from the chart in the ticket office.

You'll only need to decide how far back you want to be and how far from the half way line in either direction. It's not like there will be any obstructed views?

I also hope that they mark the ST seats with reserved stickers and just dispense with the buying of a seat for pay at the gate fans for all areas of the ground.

I couldn't afford an ST this year and organising tickets in advance is a chore I could do without, if you could just turn up, pay your money and find a seat it would be a bit easier.

@hibs.net private member
    Season ticket sales will go up next year with us finishing 3rd, winning the Holy Grail and the opening of the new stand, not to mention the 10 month payment plan.

Mon the Hibees

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Sorry for the slight thread hijack but i have never bought a season ticket due to working every other Sat.

Ironically, i am being made redundant soon and although i would have to watch the pennies I was wondering if Hibs do concessional season tickets for the unemployed etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker II View Post
    What a load of twaddle!

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeonly162 View Post
    Sorry for the slight thread hijack but i have never bought a season ticket due to working every other Sat.

Ironically, i am being made redundant soon and although i would have to watch the pennies I was wondering if Hibs do concessional season tickets for the unemployed etc?
    No, only Under 18's, Students and OAP's get the concessionary rate.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    For me it will depend on their "Adult and Child" pricing.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    sounds like the best way forward,but i'd like to see prices ramped up (like the **** do) for away fans end. if they were to charge 27-28 quid at the dunbar end upper,it would only affect the OF and that Gorgie mob. all the others could be accomodated in the lower,at a lower price. it costs a lot more to police all the stand,not just the lower,thereby justifying the increase

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Season ticket sales will go up next year with us finishing 3rd, winning the Holy Grail and the opening of the new stand, not to mention the 10 month payment plan.

Mon the Hibees
    have you also got this week's lotto numbers please?

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    sounds like the best way forward,but i'd like to see prices ramped up (like the **** do) for away fans end. if they were to charge 27-28 quid at the dunbar end upper,it would only affect the OF and that Gorgie mob. all the others could be accomodated in the lower,at a lower price. it costs a lot more to police all the stand,not just the lower,thereby justifying the increase
    Its a good idea. Even the yams manage to pretend the end we get has two tiers so they can have £23 AND £28 Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    new ticket holders for the east will be able to pick their seats easily from the chart in the ticket office.

You'll only need to decide how far back you want to be and how far from the half way line in either direction. It's not like there will be any obstructed views?

I also hope that they mark the ST seats with reserved stickers and just dispense with the buying of a seat for pay at the gate fans for all areas of the ground.

I couldn't afford an ST this year and organising tickets in advance is a chore I could do without, if you could just turn up, pay your money and find a seat it would be a bit easier.
    Possibly easier if a big group are attending, and all aim for one region of the stand, but as an individual or a pair, there is nothing at all simpler and hassle free than turning upto a seat, that is easily located, knowing that for the next 90m it is yours.

I dare say, that if we were to do 'block' tickets, or simply an east stand ST, a mob mentality coul occur, with big groups finding seats earli in the season, and not being too chuffed if a few weeks later someone else has the audacity to stand there.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymark View Post
    Its a good idea. Even the yams manage to pretend the end we get has two tiers so they can have £23 AND £28 Tickets
    yup,approx 1500 seats at £6 increase for 6 games = close on 50k

yup,approx 1500 seats at £6 increase for 6 games = close on 50k
    That'll keep Nade in pies for a day or two.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    They do already. Cat A games are £5 more expensive than Cat B.

First Team Breakthrough hstn747's Avatar
    I don't know about prices, but with the reduced capacity for the start of next season, buying a season ticket might be the only way to guarantee you'll get into the first few games.

This could lead to an increase in season ticket numbers, especially if there's a home game vs the OF or Hearts in there.

I think this is what happened with Celtc when they did their stadium. Bit at a time so that a season ticket was the only way to get in. They managed to increase their season ticket sales massively back then.

What I am interested to see is the pricing for the EAST compared to the WEST.

The EAST has always been cheaper - poorer facilities etc.

Next season the stand is going to very similar to the WEST except all the interior. But views will be great.

So will this scare of current EAST stand season ticket holders ?

The prices WILL increase and I think the number we sell usually depends on how well we do.

If we make Europe you will see an increase.

I do think our gate will increase with the new East - maybe not selling out each week but weekly we will be higher.

People also sometimes buy a seat to guarantee the same seat each week.