hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs Down Celtc fans show their class again

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...War-stunt.html

Where do they get off being sick and twisted

2. Log in to remove the advert

Exactly why Rangers (and other teams) shouldn't be bringing politics into the game.

I'm not defending the Tim in question, but thats exactly the reason Rangers presented the strip on this day to Weston, to get that reaction, otherwise they would've done next week when they are home to St Mirren. It's no secret the Celtic support isn't the best fans of the british army...

Watch Celtic at the next derby have a Famine memorial day so they huns can distrupt that so it evens things up.

Pathetic.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hanny0762
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly why Rangers (and other teams) shouldn't be bringing politics into the game.

I'm not defending the Tim in question, but thats exactly the reason Rangers presented the strip on this day to Weston, to get that reaction, otherwise they would've done next week when they are home to St Mirren. It's no secret the Celtic support isn't the best fans of the british army...

Watch Celtic at the next derby have a Famine memorial day so they huns can distrupt that so it evens things up.

Pathetic.

Any they wonder why everyone else hates them

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I have just moved to Glasgow and before i thought Hibs hating Hearts (not real hate ) was just how it was. But in Glasgow its a total different story the hatred some sections of the support have for eachother is insane. I had folk singing in the street kicking shop doors, fighting in the street and i live about 5 miles away from Ibrox!

The huns put the bait out there and the Celtc fans bit. Cynical stuff.

Blog Entries
    A huge minority (maybe more, who really knows?) of Celtic fans obviously despise their British nationality and some of them will stop at nothing to express their feelings of hatred for the British army. Even some of the more moderate and 'decent' Celtic supporters that I know, when pushed to denounce their bigoted faction, often find it difficult to criticise the actions of the pro Irish brigade. This is not a comment on the wickedness of these idiots as I believe the other half of the Old Firm are as bad if not worse. What amazes me is that Celtic are desperate to move to to the EPL and this kind of behaviour is just another nail in the coffin for their chances.
    Last edited by Jim44; 01-03-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Is it maybe not a tribute to Tevez?

Cant wait to see what Jack Regan's defence of this is.

Coaching Staff
    I'm so outraged, I don't know where to begin.

Graham Spiers sums it up the best for me in the Times. Not sure on the rule on here on posting links to papers...

Sadly a few dafties in the Celtic Support bit, although i don't see how anyone is genuinly offended by this. By the way, the first shout during the minutes silence was "Eff the pope" - it was open season after that.

I was at the game yesterday (Broomloan Front) and there were cameras pointing at the Celtic support, basically from the word go. So it was clear the huns had their press buddies primed to look out for a daftie with an Argentina top or flag. This has all started since they got done by UEFA for the billy boys and disgraced themselves in Manchester - the whataboutery, as Speirs calls it is a pathetic sideshow. At the end of the day, who cares? The huns and the press got to have a go at us big bad Tims, to make themselves feel better and soem Tim ned made a fool of themselves. The rest of the world knows little and cares even less.

Funny though, how many in the Scottish media, who will no doubt be full of self righteous indignation over the actions, of a few dafties, will happily cheer on Argentina when they play England in the WOrld Cup.
    Last edited by JackRegan; 01-03-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Cant wait to see what Jack Regan's defence of this is.
    "Church of Maradona"? where's that mate?

Furious ex-Army major Mike Rumbles MSP said: "It is totally unacceptable. This mindless rivalry between Old Firm fans has now hit a new low. This is deplorable."

People have been stabbed to death in the streets around OF games, but obviously that's nothing compared to waving an Argentina strip.

Quote Originally Posted by JackRegan View Post
    "Church of Maradona"? where's that mate?
    It's in Edinburgh you numpty We also have a Dundee branch aswell, and your point is :asshole::asshole:

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Graham Spiers in the Times sums it up the best for me in the Times. Not sure on the rule on here on posting links to papers...

Sadly a few dafties in the Celtic Support bit, although i don't see how anyone is genuinly offended by this. By the way, the first shout during the minutes silence was "Eff the pope" - it was open season after that.

I was at the game yesterday (Broomloan Front) and there were cameras pointing at the Celtic support, basically from the word go. So it was clear the huns had their press buddies primed to look out for a daftie with an Argentina top or flag. This has all started since they got done by UEFA for the billy boys and disgraced themselves in Manchester - the whataboutery, as Speirs calls it is a pathetic sideshow. At the end of the day, who cares? The huns and the press got to have a go at us big bad Tims, to make themselves feel better and soem Tim ned made a fool of themselves. The rest of the world knows little and cares even less.

Funny though, how many in the Scottish media, who will no doubt be full of self righteous indignation over the actions, of a few dafties, will happily cheer on Argentina when they play England in the WOrld Cup.
    And did the nasty huns and the press force your sicko fans to take that strip in to the ground so they can get a response.. I just dont get it Jack.
    Why would you take an Argentina top to the game in the first place.

It's in Edinburgh you numpty We also have a Dundee branch aswell, and your point is :asshole::asshole:
    So you support Argentina. Sometimes. When it suits you?

BTW I'm flattered that you coould not wait to read what i had to say about this! Also, if this genuinly offended you, then I'd avoid reading newspapers, watching TV or even going to live stand up comedy if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    And did the nasty huns and the press force your sicko fans to take that strip in to the ground so they can get a response.. I just dont get it Jack.
    Why would you take an Argentina top to the game in the first place.
    Of course they never. One daftie took their bait and gave the Sun and the huns the chance to feel all self satisified. who cares? Seriously?

Front page news? CELTIC SUPPORT IN ANTI BRITISH ESTABLISHMENT SHOCKER.

I don't think the Celtic support will take any lessons in morality from the Sun or teh huns, who are now the self appointed fitba club of HM Forces, Sorry "Our Brave Boys"

So you support Argentina. Sometimes. When it suits you?

BTW I'm flattered that you coould not wait to read what i had to say about this! Also, if this genuinly offended you, then I'd avoid reading newspapers, watching TV or even going to live stand up comedy if I were you.
    Where have I said that I support Argentina?

We are a Scotland supporters club who have taken the name of one of there former players who stuffed it up the English.

So rearrange these words, Clutching stop at straws,

Where have I said that I support Argentina?

We are a Scotland supporters club who have taken the name of one of there former players who stuffed it up the English.

So rearrange these words, Clutching stop at straws,
    So what offended you so much about the Celtic fan with the argentina top?

You lose a relative in the Falklands? You fought there yourself? I assume you were born at the time.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Of course they never. One daftie took their bait and gave the Sun and the huns the chance to feel all self satisified. who cares? Seriously?

Front page news? CELTIC SUPPORT IN ANTI BRITISH ESTABLISHMENT SHOCKER.

I don't think the Celtic support will take any lessons in morality from the Sun or teh huns, who are now the self appointed fitba club of HM Forces, Sorry "Our Brave Boys"
    But they are Brave Boys, Very Brave indeed, you just needed to look at Simon Weston to see how Brave our Boys are.

So what offended you so much about the Celtic fan with the argentina top?

You lose a relative in the Falklands? You fought there yourself? I assume you were born at the time.
    Yes I have served in the Falklands and lost far too many of my colleagues, so twats like the :asshole: at Ipox do my nut in, and stop trying to patronize me in defense of your fellow numpties.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli_619 View Post
    Furious ex-Army major Mike Rumbles MSP said: "It is totally unacceptable. This mindless rivalry between Old Firm fans has now hit a new low. This is deplorable."

People have been stabbed to death in the streets around OF games, but obviously that's nothing compared to waving an Argentina strip.
    Mike Rumbles MSP was a Quest of Rangers football club a freeloading MP now thats unacceptable but as you rightly point out fans being stabbed after an old-firm game never gets a mention but waving an Argentina top puts people in a rage

Yes I have served in the Falklands and lost far too many of my colleagues, so twats like the :asshole: at Ipox do my nut in, and stop trying to patronize me in defense of your fellow numpties.
    Good for you. Personally, fighting wars on behalf of discredited self serving politicians or causing umpteen civilian casualties, while tugging my fore-lock to unelected monarch is not really my bag.

Also, nowhere did I defend the guy. Nowhere.

The response of the Celtic fan in this thread sums up the ******** nature of the old firm. Whenever something controversial happens, it usually goes like this:

1) An individual or group of indiviuals from Old Firm A does something wrong.

2) Everyone from Old Firm B cries with false outrage, and explains why what the individual or group of people did shows how they are all deplorable lowlifes.

3) Everyone from Old Firm A responds by saying that in fact Old Firm B are worse, and then goes on to name examples of worse incidents which in fact having nothing to do with what just happened. They also say that Old Firm B control the media and in fact that media is trying to set up their fans and are exaggerating what happened.

4) Old Firm B name dispicable behaviour from Old Firm A to counter the examples raised by Old Firm A of Old Firm B misbehaving. This goes on for a while, some religion and politics is mentioned, and in the end neither can agree that their own side have ever done anything wrong, and both still believe the other is worse.

Of course what they could both do is just treat the incident with the correct level of contempt it deserves, without both using every incident that's ever happened to try and get one up on eachother. You're all the same anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    But they are Brave Boys, Very Brave indeed, you just needed to look at Simon Weston to see how Brave our Boys are.
    And well done to Rangers FC in adopting HM Forces as their own.

it Rangers'fault, They shouldnt have presented Weston vs Celtic. Stupid idea. What else do they think would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Rory89 View Post
    The response of the Celtic fan in this thread sums up the ******** nature of the old firm. Whenever something controversial happens, it usually goes like this:

1) An individual or group of indiviuals from Old Firm A does something wrong.

2) Everyone from Old Firm B cries with false outrage, and explains why what the individual or group of people did shows how they are all deplorable lowlifes.

3) Everyone from Old Firm A responds by saying that in fact Old Firm B are worse, and then goes on to name examples of worse incidents which in fact having nothing to do with what just happened. They also say that Old Firm B control the media and in fact that media is trying to set up their fans and are exaggerating what happened.

4) Old Firm B name dispicable behaviour from Old Firm A to counter the examples raised by Old Firm A of Old Firm B misbehaving. This goes on for a while, some religion and politics is mentioned, and in the end neither can agree that their own side have ever done anything wrong, and both still believe the other is worse.

Of course what they could both do is just treat the incident with the correct level of contempt it deserves, without both using every incident that's ever happened to try and get one up on eachother. You're all the same anyway.

While i have done neither of 3 or 4 in this thread. i admit to having indulged in this in thepast. However, this particular trait has emerged ever since the huns got done by UEFA for singing the billy boys and wrecked Manchester, to the point where we have the media making stuff up about Celtic fans (The Sun saying we were being investigated over something in Barcelona and STV saying we were being investigated by the SFA for chanting at pittodrie - a game we actually managed to stay squeaky clean for - for once )

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    it Rangers'fault, They shouldnt have presented Weston vs Celtic. Stupid idea. What else do they think would happen?
    He was met with silence at half time and one daftie with an argentina top - that about 9 photographers were scouring the Broomloan stand for.

I doubt few Scottish Sun readers were thinking of Simon Weston when Argentina knocked England out the WC in 1986 or 1998.

FFs there's a loonball on heregetting all offended yet, he's in a club named after an Argentinian football hero - the guy who manages the side who's top was pictured on the Sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

While i have done neither of 3 or 4 in this thread. i admit to having indulged in this in thepast. However, this particular trait has emerged ever since the huns got done by UEFA for singing the billy boys and wrecked Manchester, to the point where we have the media making stuff up about Celtic fans (The Sun saying we were being investigated over something in Barcelona and STV saying we were being investigated by the SFA for chanting at pittodrie - a game we actually managed to stay squeaky clean for - for once )
    How totally f'kn boring