hibs.net Messageboard

Faxed Back to Kaunas

The curse of Football Focus?

I've been trying to work out what sparked our sudden loss of form and I recall that the day before the 3-0 defeat at Ibrox Hibs were featured on Football Focus. The gist of the piece was whether we could split the Old Firm. Since then we ain't won a game and shipped 10 goals in the process. Perhaps the nationwide TV exposure went to the players' heads?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nothing to do with TV. All to do with Hibs club/players traditional lack of backbone, character, metal, bottle, drive and substance. For the last 40 years, we've employed people with fragile self esteem and low ambition and invariably end up winning little to nothing. This is Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been trying to work out what sparked our sudden loss of form and I recall that the day before the 3-0 defeat at Ibrox Hibs were featured on Football Focus. The gist of the piece was whether we could split the Old Firm. Since then we ain't won a game and shipped 10 goals in the process. Perhaps the nationwide TV exposure went to the players' heads?
    That had occurred to me as well.

And the FF feature coincided that week with Wally Smith's effusive praise of the Hibs season up to that point; one of the most complimentary reviews of an opposing side I've ever heard an OF manager utter.

We were doomed from that point on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    was thinking the exact same, hopes it's the last time we are on it