hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Why was their keeper not sent off?

From my viewpoint it looked like Nish went round him and had an open goal.

Why only a yellow card?

I usually defend referees, but I thought the boy today was terrible.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbie_Cameron's Avatar
    Your spot on. I thought he should have walked too

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Honestly no idea and IMO indefensible, it's actually a text book case of denying goal scoring opportunity.
    Maybe ref had too much sun last week?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Why only a yellow card?

He wasn't sent off because the ref bottled it, IMHO. Definite red card, and if it'd happened after 70 mins rather than 2, he'd have been sent off.

Miller gets sent off for a bookable offence last week, their keeper gets booked for a red card offence this week. Refs are beyond poor this season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    The only thing i can imagine is the Ref thought one of the defenders got back beyond the keeper and may have been in a position to block a shot.

Looked like a definite red to me. Think the Ref bottled it with it being in the first minute.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Appalling decision as clear a red card as you could see. Was in line with his general performance though he was making it up as he went along.

I couldn't understand it either, but I reckon it was simply a case of, 2 minutes into the game, the ref's stinker begun. He bottled it basically.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    From my view in the wrong end in the East it looked like Nish touched the ball slightly away from goal to get round their keeper.

It's the only (*****) excuse i can think of that the ref used to try and justify a yellow somehow.

Put simply - it should have been a red and the ref bottled it.

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    The only thing i can imagine is the Ref thought one of the defenders got back beyond the keeper and may have been in a position to block a shot.

Looked like a definite red to me. Think the Ref bottled it with it being in the first minute.
    Irrelevant. It stopped a clear goal scoring opportunity and tghe laws of the game state that in such a case the player should be dismissed from the field of play. Whether or not a defender could have blocked it would be down to the quality or otherwise of Nish's attempted finish which we didn't see as he was flattened!

Cos the ref was an a$$ and bottled it. (but then again the whole friggin lot of them are on par with each other)
    Where TF do they find these excuses for refs? Do they walk along the west end of the weege and pick up some tramp, give him a whistle and a nice new red strip and tell him to make himself look a clown?
    It really is about time that the suits sit up and get their heads out of their own a$$es and actually realise that these idiots in the middle are actually ruining the game.
    Fans pay their hard earned money to watch their team play - not some jumped up tw@t who could never get a game when he was a kid and is now acting like some hitlerite wanting to be the centre of attraction.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    I would have thought that he will be pulled up for that, as it was a clear matter of fact decision. Balogh and Bamba were sent off for "denying goalscoring opportunity" in a derby last season when both the forwards fouled (Fletcher and Nade) were 30+ yards from goal. There wasn't a Saints defender within five yards and the ball was well within Nish's reach if he hadn't been pulled down. Most other decisions you could debate until the cows come home (eg what is "deliberate" handball?) but that was clear cut.

@hibs.net private member Cool_Hand_Luke's Avatar

Why Was Smith Not Sent Off?

I dont particularly agree with this rule when a penalty is given, but i thought that if a player is denied a clear goal scoring opportunity, then it was an automatic red card for the offending player
    Why was Smith only given a yellow card?

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Because the ref was an @rsehole?

Cause teh idiot ref bottled it -it was adouble ordering off one for being the last man and the second for denying the Hibs palyer a goal scoring opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    Cause teh idiot ref bottled it -it was adouble ordering off one for being the last man and the second for denying the Hibs palyer a goal scoring opportunity
    I dont think that being last man is actually the offence. Its irrelevant. Its just the most common occurrence for a goalscoring opportunity being denied.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Like last week, a crazy decision by the ref has probably cost us the 3 points. As clear a red card as ever you will see in football. Refs in Scotland are a total joke.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Why only a yellow card?

because the ref wash pish the and he was little better for the rest of the game, pretty much the norm these days though so I cannae say it surprises me None of that though changes how bad we were.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 28-02-2010 at 12:28 AM.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Just watched the reply on Hibs TV, there is no doubt that Colin Nish is the player getting to the ball after touching the ball around the keeper.

So 15 yards out, keeper on his erse, 2 yards of the middle of the goal with two defenders running back towards the line isn't a clear opportunity to score.

Thought it was a terrible decision at the time and this backs it up.

Exactly what that man said.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    i read earlier this week they were talking about changing the rules so it's not a red when a pen is awarded as teams were being punished twice? din't think they would be able to implement it until the WC at the earliest though.
    thats the only thing IMO that was going to stop a red.

I think it is Yogi's fault that he had the cheek to appeal Millers red card last week and win, so the referee's union got together during the week and decided that any little decision in our game yesterday was going to go against us. Therefor no sending off as he could not deny us the penalty even if he wanted too, and he got round lasts week appeal by booking as many Hibs players as he could because we all know bookings cannot be appealed, and awarding them a soft penalty in the last minute to even things out. IMO

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    if they are to change the rules it should be to award a goal where the crime occurs in the penalty box with a yellow card for the player. There is no guarantee rhat a penalty is scored so bringing down the player is always an attractive gamble since
    1. The penalty may be missed/saved.
    2. If it is against hibs you may only get a yellow, and
    3. Maybe if you are playing for the OF, the hibs player may be booked for forcing you endure the indignity of having to resort a foul

These guys recently threatened to strike for more money. I'd be happy for them to be paid more but only if we saw consistent good performances and they did not operate as a secret society. The poor wee souls can't take any criticism, only comment on decisions when it suits them and against all good practice act as judge and jury on their own crimes!

And while I am on a whinge can we have the refs just in charge of the on field activities. The 4th official calling over the ref to say "that big boy shouted at me" and holding up the game is a farce - why can't the 4th official (a qualified ref) not have to power to at least sin bin the offender to the stand for 10 minutes. It takes the steam of of the issue and only if sent back again in the game would it be for the whole match. Could have a totting up system during the season (like yellow cards) for repeat offenders.

All players cards and managers 'sin bins' should be wiped out at the start of a season with only unless there is an unserved suspensions carryingforward.

It's not about a defender being on the line, it's about denying a clear goal scoring opportunity which that was.

@hibs.net private member
    The referee disgracefully bottled it with that decision and in doing so DIRECTLY affected the outcome of the game.

He should definately be taken to task about this - players and managers get banned and fined for showing contempt for the rules - what about REFS

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    i read earlier this week they were talking about changing the rules so it's not a red when a pen is awarded as teams were being punished twice? din't think they would be able to implement it until the WC at the earliest though.
    thats the only thing IMO that was going to stop a red.
    I don't see how they're getting punished twice any more than a team getting a man sent off is punished twice - i.e. they'll concede a free kick for the foul and go down to ten men.

If it's a sending off offence in the box, the fact that a penalty is awarded shouldn't come into it, the player should be off, IMHO.

If that keeper had saved the penalty yesterday we would have been 'punished' twice - first for Nish being fouled with an open goal, and then for not having the same goalscoring opportunity as we had initially. St Johnstone, on the other hand would have benefited from the foul.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Fans pay a lot of money, players and managers jobs are on the line, and the standard of Refs is just appauling.

I'm not usually one to moan about officials; but the ref's performance yesterday is one of the worst I've seen in a long time!

Yes he bottled it because it was very early in the game; no ******ing excuse...stonewall sending off.

Not only that, he constantly slowed play down by being over officious where free kicks were taken; these imbiciles think the game's all about them, it's a disgrace.

To top it all, he dished out 7 yellow cards, 4 to Hibs players; there was only one team being physical yesterday, and it certainly wasn't Hibs.

These imposters should be held to task; players and managers are hammered by the SFA; it's about time they got there own house in order as well!!

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Yesterdays appauling referee has probably been saved by Stokes scoring the penalty. If he had missed and only a yellow given to the keeper ,all hell would have broken out. I don`t always agree with the rule especially when its the keeper making a genuine attempt to get to the ball but it is there and has to be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Like last week, a crazy decision by the ref has probably cost us the 3 points. As clear a red card as ever you will see in football. Refs in Scotland are a total joke.
    just about sums it up for me,100% a red card. Yet the people who make the rules cant even get a simple stonewall decision right,these clowns this season are getting away with unbelievable decisions.

would love the highly paid referee to explain why it wasnt a red???

he couldnt give a legitimate reason,just yet another shocking performance from a group of referees who have taken the level to yet another level of incompetence this season.

still he will have another big game next week and be given a pat on the back by his bosses. accountability???? freekin joke.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berwickhibee View Post
    just about sums it up for me,100% a red card. Yet the people who make the rules cant even get a simple stonewall decision right,these clowns this season are getting away with unbelievable decisions.

would love the highly paid referee to explain why it wasnt a red???
    he couldnt give a legitimate reason,just yet another shocking performance from a group of referees who have taken the level to yet another level of incompetence this season.

still he will have another big game next week and be given a pat on the back by his bosses. accountability???? freekin joke.
    That would be the sensible thing to do to clarify the position precisely but whenever did common sense EVER have anything to do with SFA decisions of which this was yet another one which was horribly wrong and significantly affected the game to the detriment of the team who DID NOT COMMIT THE OFFENCE!