hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Where will we finish?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can still see us bouncing back to finish 3rd

53 36.30%
  • Can't see us getting back above United. 4th for me

42 28.77%
  • Motherwell will pip us for Europe and we'll finish 5th

25 17.12%
  • Scarcely believable two weeks ago, yet I can see Hearts pushing us down to 6th

17 11.64%
  • 2 points from 15? We could actually fall out the top 6 at this rate

9 6.16%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Faxed Back to Kaunas

3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th (or worse!!) - where will we finish?

Someone posted the other week suggesting we might not even finish in the top six. Hopefully that was a bit OTT but at this rate what looked unthinkable just a couple of weeks ago (ie the yams overhauling a 15-point deficit) could happen. That really would be embarrassing.
    Last edited by Alicky Ranks; 27-02-2010 at 05:48 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First team breakthrough HIBERNIAN 1875's Avatar
    Sadly i think Dundee Utd will finish above us.

4th for me.

5th.

Don't see us getting out this slump soon and after the split where will we get the points from?

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicky Ranks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone posted the other week suggesting we might not even finish in the top six. Hopefully that was a bit OTT but at this rate what looked unthinkable just a couple of weeks ago (ie the yams overhauling a 15-point deficit) could happen. That really would be embarrassing.
    It was me who posted a poll asking if we would definitely make the top 6. I think it got deleted for being overly negative but let's face it, St Johnstone have three games in hand, we're shedding points like confetti and not looking like winning many more games. As you say, I'd hope we have enough points in the bag to be sure of a top six place but after the season we LOOKED like having it's all getting very depressing. As for Hearts finishing above us, jeez, Hughes should resign if he allowed that to happen.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by Mag7 View Post
    It was me who posted a poll asking if we would definitely make the top 6. I think it got deleted for being overly negative but let's face it, St Johnstone have three games in hand, we're shedding points like confetti and not looking like winning many more games. As you say, I'd hope we have enough points in the bag to be sure of a top six place but after the season we LOOKED like having it's all getting very depressing. As for Hearts finishing above us, jeez, Hughes should resign if he allowed that to happen.
    A tad harsh perhaps, but it would sure be a major gloating point for the yams.

If Hibs win next week then worst I can see us finishing is fourth. If we lose though and Hearts win away to United I could see us finishing sixth as Motherwell too have a bit form going now. St Johnstone will not make the top six even with their games in hand least not at the expense of Hibs.

Looks like the panic button's taking a hammering again.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    Jeez we are now 1 point behind Utd. You'd think it was the last game of the season the way outlook is here.

12 games left and 36 points left to play for. Every team has a bad run in the season.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by Easterroadbunny View Post
    Jeez we are now 1 point behind Utd. You'd think it was the last game of the season the way outlook is here.

12 games left and 36 points left to play for. Every team has a bad run in the season.
    Come on, we can't keep trotting out the old 'we're still in a good position' mantra. Until this week it was 'we're still third and still in the cup', this week it's 'we're only one point behind United'. If we continue to drop points the way we're doing in a couple of weeks it'll be 'at least we're still ahead of Hearts'.

36 points to play for? Face facts, we've taken two points from the last five games. If we keep that up over the next 12 games we'll get four, maybe five points. Yes, you're right, everyone has bad runs but this one is shaping up to be as depressing as anything Hibs have thrown at us down the years. Folk on here reckon too many of us are too negative about Hibs. Well, you learn from experience and for far too long now this club has continued to toy with the fans' hopes and expectations only to let them down. And no, I don't regard three League Cups in nearly 50 years as a decent return on what I've put in to supporting Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN 1875 View Post
    Sadly i think Dundee Utd will finish above us.

4th for me.
    Christ, I would take 4th right now !

3rd or 4th is what I expect from this season. Anything less than that would be a major disappointment when you consider the position we were in just a few weeks ago.

I think we'll scrape sufficient points to finish above Hearts but I can't see enough in either the players or the tactical know how of the manager to get back on track and we'll lose out on a european place.

The experienced management at Motherwell will see them past this current Hibs team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

in fact can we get a panic button smiley??? would come in really useful for a lot of these posts!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Aye nae need tae panic, just a blip that disnae look like improving fae a blip.

If Mr Hughes persists with the likes of Nish and Stevenson, I see us sixth and horsed by Ross County. If he comes to his senses and puts the best formation on the park, third place and hampden is still on. Unfortuantely the momentum is with our rivals and said Mr Hughes is becoming semi detatched from the plot. Today was unacceptable IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernating View Post
    If Mr Hughes persists with the likes of Nish and Stevenson, I see us sixth and horsed by Ross County. If he comes to his senses and puts the best formation on the park, third place and hampden is still on. Unfortuantely the momentum is with our rivals and said Mr Hughes is becoming semi detatched from the plot. Today was unacceptable IMO.
    again

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Aye nae need tae panic, just a blip that disnae look like improving fae a blip.
    Don't forget the super amazing start to the season, doesn't matter if it all goes tits up and we end up finishing 6th again, you're not allowed to complain or criticise because we were 3rd in February and that's such a success, even though it counts for **** all come the end of the season

Testimonial Due
    Where's the relegation option? If we only take two points between now and the end of the season we could just get relegated. If we fail to beat anyone in the league for the rest of the season we're unlikely to have another derby either - Hearts will be in the top six and we won't. Surely it's time to bring back Mixu - he knew how to get into the top six, stop slumps and make progress against our bogey teams...

4th place gets Europa league does it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    4th place gets Europa league does it not?
    Aye, but at an earlier round.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Where's the relegation option? If we only take two points between now and the end of the season we could just get relegated. If we fail to beat anyone in the league for the rest of the season we're unlikely to have another derby either - Hearts will be in the top six and we won't. Surely it's time to bring back Mixu - he knew how to get into the top six, stop slumps and make progress against our bogey teams...

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Irony lost on you isn't it?

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A

3rd place

FFS people, get a grip!!! we have failed to beat St Johnstone & already the doom mongers have us struggling to make the top 6....get a ****ing grip FFS. we are 1 point behind the arabs with a superior goal difference whats the panic with a dozen games to go????????????. Keep the faith come on!!! alright we've been **** lateley BUT we're still in the mix....you dig??? I have every faith that Yogi will turn our season around...do you lot??

Hearts won't finish above us. They remain s...e. We are in a real battle now with United and we badly need a win to steady the ship and restore some confidence. A new pitch would help too. And some competent referees as well.
    Last edited by Crab apple; 27-02-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: spelling

we're on a rank-rotten run at the moment, but we have the players at our disposal to get back to how we were a few months ago. I can still see us fighting for third place. Surely we all knew the bubble would burst at some point.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    I think we'll finish 4th, we need to find our form soon though or we'll find ourselfs chasing Motherwell soon.

Bottom 6 aint gonna happen.

Sixth - is a remote chance

It'll be 4th or 5th - I've gons for the latter based on our current 'form' .. There's no signs of any corners being turned IMHO, and want be until we get Derek in front of the goals, Hanlon in at CH, Sol in CM and a 4-4-2 with pass and move football to boot.

For me Yogi doesn't seem to see the blatant need for 4-4-2 or know what his best team is. And then there's the subs ...

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Easterroadbunny View Post

The 36 points that are on offer, how many do you think we will win on present form.

Sorry to say but untied will soon put space between them and us for 3rd spot

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I've gone for 3rd. We've got Killie next week at home hopefully that will get us back to winning ways and steady the ship.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money