hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The most expensive match you've attended

Interested to know what's the most you've paid to see a match. By this I mean just the football ground admission and not including your first class flights from Bahrain etc and stays in luxurious 5 star hotels.

Mine?

£45 for Scotland v Switzerland
    at Villa Park. Euro 1996.

2. Log in to remove the advert

£43 last year for Arsenal vs Burnley in the FA Cup.

Paid £50 off a tout for a ticket to see the Boston Red Sox a few years back, expensive but well worth it!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    In terms of football? Probably £27 to see Hearts vs Hibs earlier this season at Tynecastle! It cost me a full £10 less to attend Lazio vs Roma at the Olympic Stadium a few years back.

Most expensive event was the Superbowl in 2002 at the Louisiana Superdome to see the Patriots win the Lombardi. Now THAT was costly!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Scotland v Sweden, Genoa 1990.
    We paid £200 for 2 tickets for the wife and I, but lifted the laddies over.
    As the man said "bambinos no pay".

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Just paid £65 for the Wales v Scotland 6 Nations game in Cardiff two weeks ago.

the SSC wanted £80 for the game in Paris in 2007 France v Scotland. Ended up paying £40 a ticket in the French end, so i recon £40 is te most I have paid for a football match.

J

I rarely pay

Seriosuly, I think I paid £27 for the privilege of the company of Jonty and H18SScottW last season under Mixup. We lost 2-nil as Bamba 'shone' at RB

I paid $125 NZD (about 60 quid) to see All Blacks v South Africa in the Tri-Nations a couple of years ago. It wasn't really worth it!!

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    125quid Czech Rep v USA in the last World Cup.Cheapest out with my 30quid season ticket for Sparta would be the 50p I paid to watch Lithuania V Scotland under21's.

Testimonial Due
    Paid well over the odds to see Boca/River and Fenerbahce/Galatasaray but both were worth evey penny.

Regularly pay over €40 for away games in Germany but that includes 10% handling charge by selling club and postage.

I can remember being shocked at paying £16 for Celtic semi at Ibrox that went to a replay (95?)

Paid a stupid amount of money for a ticket for the Scotland v England Euro playoffs.

And 160 euros for the Barca v Man Utd Champions League semi final a couple of years ago.

Champions League Final at Hampden. Think the tickets were 85 quid.

Worth it just for Zidane's goal.

£50 Scotland v Brazil France 98,through travel club.£100 to see Arsenals second last game at Highbury.Never again for epl game,defo no worth it and Henry was injured.

£88 Chelsea v Sunderland last season. They had the cheek to charge £3 booking fee at the ticket office.

First Team Breakthrough Joy Zipper's Avatar
    65 Euro for Barca v Seville in April last year.

I also had a ticket with a face value of 299 Euro for the rugby world cup quarter final (Scotland v Argentina) at the Stade de France in 2007. I didn't pay that for the ticket on eBay though. It wasn't even the best seat in the house !

First Team Breakthrough luxjock's Avatar
    £110 Scotland v Brazil France 98. Worth every penny.

Bought a rug from an arab gentleman in the pub the night before and wore it as a kilt the next day but left it at the game. Earned the nickname 'General George' for the rest of the trip.

£152 centre stand Scotland v Brazil WC 1998 - that was face value, effing ripoff. Got offered £500 for it 2 days before the game from a dodgy cockney geezer in a Paris pub.

£200 to see Liverpool beat Barcelona in the Nou Camp in the Champions League.

£75 a ticket for me, wife and son to watch a Barcelona Champions League match in the Nou Camp - and worth every penny for the experience

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interested to know what's the most you've paid to see a match. By this I mean just the football ground admission and not including your first class flights from Bahrain etc and stays in luxurious 5 star hotels.

Mine?

£45 for Scotland v Switzerland
    at Villa Park. Euro 1996.
    That'd be mine too. Travelled up from London where I was working with a mate. He made the daft suggestion of dressing up as in 2-man horse outfit. What he didn't reckon on was me getting hold of one.

Went to Birmingham New St. and changed on the train. Blummin' commuters didn't bat an eyelid as "Dobbin" cantered up and down the carriages.

Got to main street and bowed cross-legged to traffic and of course a few of the TA couldn't resist a quick ride

And to answer the obvious question - we took turns at being the rear/front.

Memorable occasion, great weather, great atmosphere great goal. Pity we didn't make it through in the end. Only blemish was the trashing of the (Shakespeares Head?) pub.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    SKOL Cup Final V Dunfermline - PRICELESS

[didn't write on the biggest football regret - son had just been born so under strict orders from the wife and sogra (mother-in-law) stayed in Emrba ]

Most expensive match for me was, I think, Hibs v. Airdrie at ER.

..........the house was burgled while I was at the game.

Athletico Madid v Real Madrid
    Me and my girlfriend went to the match - It cost me £230 each ticket.

It was worth every penny though, we were in the Real Madrid end and they scored in the first minute (Raul) then Van Nistelrooy scored not long after.

The Real fans were passing the Sangria round which I got a shot of, they didn't think a Scotsman could drink much out of those leather pouchy things.

The atmosphere was frightening before the match, fans walking about with bottles of whisky, cointreau, vodka etc...It sounded as bombs were exploding all around us - and the police were just standing watching!

Great memories though...

I'm paying £54 to go to the Carling Cup final on Sunday. They were the second cheapest as well. Other than that £48 for Arsenal vs Man U.

Quote Originally Posted by loko View Post
    That'd be mine too. Travelled up from London where I was working with a mate. He made the daft suggestion of dressing up as in 2-man horse outfit. What he didn't reckon on was me getting hold of one.

Went to Birmingham New St. and changed on the train. Blummin' commuters didn't bat an eyelid as "Dobbin" cantered up and down the carriages.

Got to main street and bowed cross-legged to traffic and of course a few of the TA couldn't resist a quick ride

And to answer the obvious question - we took turns at being the rear/front.

Memorable occasion, great weather, great atmosphere great goal. Pity we didn't make it through in the end. Only blemish was the trashing of the (Shakespeares Head?) pub.

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    For the Scotland vs Italy game in Bari recently I got in free. We each had 50 euros to bribe the bloke checking the tickets but he just waved us through. Was delighted.

€96 for Barcelona - Real Madrid last season, worth every penny.

Cheapest I've paid recently would be €13 for Bayern - Dortmund, and I got to stand for the match and enjoy a beer. Lucky Germans.

Mummy of 3 and hibee through and through MichelleHibs's Avatar
    £100 for scotland morocco at st etienne at the world cup in 98...had gone over for the 3wks so it was the last game and we had to get a ticket otherwise it would have been a wasted trip!
    Cameron, Chloe and Lewis....
    The Most Precious Gifts in the World

Promising Youngster Hibee-Rocker's Avatar
    Paid 75 each for me and the wife for the ricky hatton fight at the man city ground..shocking seats behind the goals.. Never again

30 quid to watch hibs at tynicastle a couple season's ago.. Is prob most i have paid for football...

The wife bought us tickets to watch Barca at the Camp Nou...
    Didnt tell me the price tho, as for my birthday

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    I rarely pay

Seriosuly, I think I paid £27 for the privilege of the company of Jonty and H18SScottW last season under Mixup. We lost 2-nil as Bamba 'shone' at RB
    Yep, Comps are a good thing.

IFK Gotheborg V A.I.K in Sweden cost me 1250 KR which woks out about £100 for two of us,