hibs.net Messageboard

Parking for game at ER

Afternoon folks,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out... I usually get the train/bus to games but now have to work on Saturday evenings in Fife so I now have to drive. Can anyone tell me if there if free parking round about Easter Road? Or where the best place to pay for parking would be for a speedy getaway after the match.

Cheers
    Last edited by HibeeMuzz7; 21-02-2010 at 03:50 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMuzz7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Afternoon folks,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out... I usually get the train/bus to games but now have to work on Saturday evenings in Fife so I now have to drive. Can anyone tell me if there if free parking round about Easter Road? Or where the best place to pay for parking would be for a speedy getaway after the match.

Cheers
    I usually park beside the high flats behind the Gulf/Jet garage on Restalrig Road, not too far to walk, but watch not to park beside an old white Merc or a big Jeep with a polish pet shop on the side. fat ugly people who deliberately block someone in. I had a shouting match with the two of them as they watched an old guy climb in his boot to be able to move. absolute morons

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    I usually park beside the high flats behind the Gulf/Jet garage on Restalrig Road, not too far to walk, but watch not to park beside an old white Merc or a big Jeep with a polish pet shop on the side. fat ugly people who deliberately block someone in. I had a shouting match with the two of them as they watched an old guy climb in his boot to be able to move. absolute morons
    Be careful if you decide to park there. My brother in law had 4 tyres slashed and whilst impossible to prove we think it was related to football supporters parking in a residents car park.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    You shouldn't have to pay for parking near Easter Road. I tend to park either Lochend Road, Co-op car park or one of the side streets around ER. Where I park depends on what time I get there and whether I'm going for a prematch Shandy but never had to pay for parking.

Loads of residential developments around about Easter Road with free parking.

Left by mutual consent!
    i normally park at meadowpark shopping centre, and walk up to the ground only 15 mins

First Team Breakthrough weststandhibby's Avatar
    any of the side streets near ER. Parking restrictions stop at 1 on a saturday so you can park in meters or Resident bays

Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    i always park there too, so far we've had no trouble

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Be careful if you decide to park there. My brother in law had 4 tyres slashed and whilst impossible to prove we think it was related to football supporters parking in a residents car park.
    poor show that mate, ive had my side windae done, BUT i stupidly left my phone in view, but ive parked there for years without incident.

Car park at the bottom of ER is normally not too bad if you get there early enough.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    That's the one thing missing from a first class stadium facility - nae parking.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Would you rather have some out-of-town soulless pile of blockwork and wriggly tin, or what we have now - bang in the heart of the community (loads of pubs ), a 5 minute walk from about about half the city's bus routes and a bit of history to boot?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    Would you rather have some out-of-town soulless pile of blockwork and wriggly tin, or what we have now - bang in the heart of the community (loads of pubs ), a 5 minute walk from about about half the city's bus routes and a bit of history to boot?
    The second one...with some ****ing parking.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Rest assured the new east stand will have a 20,000 space underground car park, integrated tram stop, direct link to Waverley station and the bus station and a lift to the helipad.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMuzz7 View Post
    Afternoon folks,

Cheers
    If you want a quick getaway one of the streets between Easter Road and Leith Walk.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Plenty of on street parking avaliable, never a problem to get parked within ten minutes walk of the ground for any game.