hibs.net Messageboard

Yogi's touchline ban

Does anyone else think that this is a load of nonsense. The SFA take account of the previous 2 years conduct of managers if there is an incident.

The fact that Hughes was at Falkirk and got into bother should have nothing to do with his conduct at Hibs IMHO. If he was a player, would he be getting a six match ban for getting sent off due to his discipline in previous seasons with previous clubs. No! I don't understand the logic behind it at all.

SFA GTF.... That is all!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmashinGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he was a player, would he be getting a six match ban for getting sent off due to his discipline in previous seasons with previous clubs. No! :
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Yes.
    I thought that the only time a suspension got carried over was due to a booking/sending off in the last few games of the season where the points total meant that the suspension couldn't be carried out during the current season. I may be completely wrong though???

Quote Originally Posted by SmashinGlass View Post
    Does anyone else think that this is a load of nonsense. The SFA take account of the previous 2 years conduct of managers if there is an incident.

The fact that Hughes was at Falkirk and got into bother should have nothing to do with his conduct at Hibs IMHO. If he was a player, would he be getting a six match ban for getting sent off due to his discipline in previous seasons with previous clubs. No! I don't understand the logic behind it at all.

SFA GTF.... That is all!!!

It's a difficult one but seeing as the ban is placed directly on the manager and not the club (if you know what I mean) then it makes sense that bans are carried forward.

Personally I don't think it's a stupid ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    It's a difficult one but seeing as the ban is placed directly on the manager and not the club (if you know what I mean) then it makes sense that bans are carried forward.

Personally I don't think it's a stupid ruling.
    I get what you mean, but I guess what I'm trying to say is if it's done in correlation with player bans, it doesn't tally. I mean Nish getting sent off on Wednesday isn't going to affect him in 2 years time. It's just annoying that the rules are so complexed!