hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Changes for tomorrow, Thoughts?

Its been talked about before but I think we should try the 3-5-2. Or More 3-1-3-2-1
    Murray playing the holding midfielder in front on a back 3. Stevenson coming into midfield.
    Not wholesale changes but giving the midfield a lot more strength.

-----------------------------SMITH------------------------------------

---------HOGG--------------BAMBA---------------HANLON--------------

----------------------------MURRAY-----------------------------------

-----WOTHERSPOON--------MILLER--------------STEVENSON-----------

--------------ZEMMAMA----------------RIORDAN-----------------------

----------------------------STOKES-----------------------------------

SUBS
    -----
    STACK
    CREGG
    GALBRAITH
    GOW
    BENJI
    THICOT
    RANKIN

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Am I the only one on here who is not an aficionado of in-depth tactics and complicated formations..?

I just want to see everyone in a Hibs jersey get fired in and look up for it.

I favour 4 at the back-5 in midfield and-1 up front (Stokes) and don't care who else plays as long as we smother the midfield, dig-in deep and hit them on the break. Ending this mini-sequence of defeats is essential. Confidence is low and picking up a point is essential. I predict a draw. I also feel that Dundee United will beat Celtic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its been talked about before but I think we should try the 3-5-2. Or More 3-1-3-2-1
    Murray playing the holding midfielder in front on a back 3. Stevenson coming into midfield.
    Not wholesale changes but giving the midfield a lot more strength.

-----------------------------SMITH------------------------------------

---------HOGG--------------BAMBA---------------HANLON--------------

----------------------------MURRAY-----------------------------------

-----WOTHERSPOON--------MILLER--------------STEVENSON-----------

--------------ZEMMAMA----------------RIORDAN-----------------------

----------------------------STOKES-----------------------------------

SUBS
    -----
    STACK
    CREGG
    GALBRAITH
    GOW
    BENJI
    THICOT
    RANKIN
    Scoring more than than Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Am I the only one on here who is not an aficionado of in-depth tactics and complicated formations..?

good call

Although errrrrrrrrrrm i'd like to see us play a diamond, flat back four, in a man marking take the game to them sort of a way .............with wingbackers and someone in a hole feeding the goalkicker chaps.

First Team Breakthrough 12AlbionPlace's Avatar

Spot on

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Smith

Wotherspoon
    Hogg
    Bamba
    Murray

Zouma
    Miller
    Rankin
    Riordan

Stokes
    Benji

First Team Breakthrough

You mean you posted on here and you don,t have coaching certificates.

tut tut.

I'm feeling confident and I'm looking forward to the game. It can't be as bad as Wednesday. Yogi can see what we can all see and the obvious changes will be made. Pound for pound we're better than Motherwell so if we're set up to compete then quality will count.

Hibs to come roaring back and win 2-1. Goan my bonny boys.

There will be changes ...

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    There will be changes ...
    A plenty.

We've been lacking in midfield for three seasons now.
    Cregg and Thicot were both on the bench on Wednesday, play them at some point or ship them out and find others.

No way can zemmama, riordan, stokes , benji all start in the same team again

Smith

Wotherspoon
    hogg
    bamba
    murray

miller
    rankin
    cregg
    stevenson

stokes
    riordan

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post

Smith

Wotherspoon
    hogg
    bamba
    murray

miller
    rankin
    cregg
    stevenson

stokes
    riordan
    Midfield looks a bit light IMO, would play Galbraith to give us more width.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Spoony rb, hogg,hanlon,murray lb zemmama,bamba,miller,galbraith, stokes and riordon

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    IMO we should move Murray into centre midfield alongside Miller and play Stevenson at left back (when he gets an opportunity he's always steady and is a decent passer of the ball).

Who we play in the middle at the back must be a nightmare choice for Hughes. Bamba's been showing really poor form lately, so I'd probably go with Hogg and Hanlon.

I'd like to see us play a 4-3-1-2, but haven't a clue who I'd play up front with Stokes, obviously, it's a straight choice between Benji and Riordan, but with these two you're never sure if either of them will turn up.

Smith

Wotherspoon
    Hogg
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Rankin/Cregg
    Miller
    Murray

Zemmama

Stokes
    Riordan/Benji

I'd make a sh**e manager 'cos, as you can see, I can't make my mind up in several positions. Wouldn't fancy Yogi's job!!

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Smith

Wotherspoon
    Hogg
    Bamba
    Murray

Zouma
    Miller
    Rankin
    Riordan
    Stokes
    Benji
    Sorry, cannot see Yogi putting these 3 in the same team (given events on Wed and also considering that Fir Park is an even worse surface than ER).

Wouldn't be surprised if he brought Cregg in to the mix. He may even play Hoggy up front........OK, that part was a joke!

Riordan and Benji were non triers on Wednesday so I'd expect them to sit out, Hanlon could also miss out. I expect Cregg and Stevenson to come in at the very least.

@hibs.net private member
    There will probably be a couple of changes. Better performance but we will still lose 2-0 or 2-1

so we have shipped in 8 goals yet nobody suggests changing the goalie

I would drop smith and also bamba.

no place for the moroccans either, get cregg back in for hopefully a bit of dig.

Gow / riordan and stokes up front

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post

no place for the moroccans either, get cregg back in for hopefully a bit of dig.

I don't think you'll be far wrong

A bit of dig required in midfield today, especially given that the pitch will be rotten.

Out of the 8 goals conceded, how many were due to Smith?

Gow was rotten at Ibrox, Riordan was rotten at Perth, big decision for Yogi

First Team Breakthrough hibby4ever's Avatar
    Not saying that smiths to blame for the losses but i would drop him and give brown a shot

would also have bamba out he should never have been put back in the squad as quick as that

deek is also wasted out wide and needs to move up front

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hibby4ever View Post
    Not saying that smiths to blame for the losses but i would drop him and give brown a shot

would also have bamba out he should never have been put back in the squad as quick as that

deek is also wasted out wide and needs to move up front
    Seriously!? Smith has done absolutely nothing wrong since coming into the side, and has pulled off some excellent saves. He kept it from being a cricket score on wednesday night.

To blame him and suggest he gets dropped, when the goals conceded were all due to the outfield players in front of him is absolutely crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Out of the 8 goals conceded, how many were due to Smith?
    he has to take some of the blame obviously his job is to stop goals, 8 is a tad much. we have an excellent keeper in brown and also stack has proved he is capable. So why not change the goalie, would be foolish not to IMO...

First Team Breakthrough
    smith has been steady and composed since he has came into the team so cant understand why people would want to see him dropped.its long term consistency we are looking for and prior to the last two games we had gone a long way to achieving it this season.st johnstone game had the look of a team who had accepted the title had gone after the defeat to rangers and played accordingly.today hopefully yogi will have got the lads geed up again and we can see a spirited performance against motherwell and a welcome victory to accompany it.:notworthy:

he has to take some of the blame obviously his job is to stop goals, 8 is a tad much. we have an excellent keeper in brown and also stack has proved he is capable. So why not change the goalie, would be foolish not to IMO...
    Look at the 8 goals again, apart from Whittaker's one the rest would have been avoided if the back four/midfield had been stronger. Nothing to do with Smith.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    We've been lacking in midfield for three seasons now.

Cregg and Thicot were both on the bench on Wednesday, play them at some point or ship them out and find others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post

Haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere but I found this item in the Scotsman (19 Feb) worrying to the extent that it revealed just how predictable our tactics and set-up seems to have become to opposing sides.

St Johnstone certainly won the tactical battle in Wednesday's re-arranged game after both McInnes and Docherty had picked up valuable insight from Hibs' visit to Ibrox on Sunday. It was a worthwhile trip since not only did it offer clues as to how Hibs might set themselves up for Wednesday's fixture, but it also provided a chance to analyse Rangers.

Hughes' side were admirably bold again in Govan on Sunday but fell 3-0 after the hosts found a way to cut through them in the second half. The St Johnstone management team did not expect Hibs to change their approach for the trip to Perth, perhaps reasoning that it would not be regarded as quite so daunting. If they play so openly at Ibrox, then why tighten up for a match against a St Johnstone side spilling goals of late? Hughes knows now the error of his ways.

Motherwell, Hibs' opponents tomorrow, are unlikely to face what St Johnstone did in midweek, when Hughes' side lined up with what effectively counted as four forwards. The submission of the team-sheet confirmed what McInnes and Docherty expected. In response, they pitched Liam Craig, Murray Davidson, Chris Millar and Kevin Moon into the midfield fray, and watched them take command of the middle of the park from the word go.

"Myself and Derek went to see them (Hibs] against Rangers and they only made one change form that game, with Alan Gow left out," explained Docherty. "We know their style. I am very complimentary to Yogi (Hughes] and the way they do things at Hibs. They play an attacking style of football. We knew they would set up that way because it was their game in hand and they were looking to win it in order to get closer to Celtic and further away from Dundee United.

"We guessed it would be that formation and so set up against it, and looked to combat their style of play and impose our style of play on them," he added.
    Wednesday wasn't the first time this season that we have fielded a lightweight midfield; it's just that previously we seem to have managed to get away with it.

I hope this lesson has now been well and truly taken on board.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I don't think by any means Smith is a bad keeper, and he does seem to do the basics well. To me though, he doesn't look like a particularly good shot stopper. Most of the 'spectacular' saves he's made would be bread and butter for most decent GK's.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's made any mistakes, or actually cost us any goals, although I do think he could've done better with a few of the goals we've conceded.
    I'd give Brown a game tbh.