hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very good point.

Maybe Mixu was unlucky? That's two managers now who seem incapable of getting this team to play football.

I'm backing Yogi, not because I think he's the best manager in Britain, but because the club needs to get some consistency and stability.

Yogi can turn out an attractive, hard-working side... but at the moment seems to be trapped in some weird Hibs altered reality where more strikers = better football.

The pressure definitely got to Mixu... let's not heap more pressure on our current gaffer. He'll know the score already.
    I admire you sticking up for Yogi and backing him, but there comes a time when you have to look at the big picture. If Yogi continues not getting performances out the team this season, we wont have Europe and ST sales may take a hit. If we give him until January and then sack him then the new manager doesnt have time to get the players in and another season is a write off. IMO I would only give Yogi another 2 or 3 games to show an improvement or to show that he is doing something about the performances by transfer listing certain players, if not then give him the bullet, get someone else in before then end of the season who can make a decisions on who stays and who goes in the close season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Derek McInnes please

I'm not backing this because I'm sick of calls for getting rid of a manager every flaming season.

I'm as disappointed as anybody over our recent run of form but I'd rather give Yogi a few years to learn his trade and see where it takes us. The problem is that no manager seems to be allowed to do that, so what makes anyone think that replacing Yogi with yet another manager that we can afford, i.e. cheap and early in his career, is going to help?

Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    i would really like to know what the players are feeling/thinking about how things have gone recently.

do they think yogi is good/bad/indifferent?

wouldnt mind sitting down with a few of them and asking their thoughts

i`m sure it would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    IMHO, while in no way, shape or form defending the shambles of the last however many ******ing games, sacking the manager would be the worst thing we could do.

Yogi has his work cut out in the summer, he needs to identify (if he hasn't already) two types of character at the club:

1) Those who aren't good enough.

2) Those who aren't up for it.

If he does that, gets in good quality to replace them and plays a system that doesn't allow the midfield to get over-run in almost every single game, then we'll see a big difference.

We need some continuity and stability at the club, and changing managers every season is one of the worst things that could happen.

that wont leave us with many on the pitch !!!

if we dont get at least a win and a draw in the next two games it could be shoogly peg for yogi

'S' Form

atmosphere

atmosphere last night was nothing we didnt get behind these players at all we needed to be louder and be heard but we were quite all game we are there 12th man

Quote Originally Posted by northerngreen View Post
    atmosphere last night was nothing we didnt get behind these players at all we needed to be louder and be heard but we were quite all game we are there 12th man
    Players gave fans nothing to cheer about though

damn right he should go now before things get even WORSE. Trouble with yogi is he's done a Falkirk on us and turned us into them (only we have a team full of fairies, least FFC had players more "up for it"). He continually talks the same gash, week after week. Ive had enough now. Time for change. I dont buy into him no more. We need better class than that. He's been found out at Hibs.

i really dread next season. I really do.

And Liam Miller can GTF, rubbish. No wonder QPR launched him. He's not the only one though. Plenty in that team of underperforming numpties. I wont be back this season. No way. Had it.
    Last edited by Hibernia Na Eir; 24-03-2010 at 10:01 AM.

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Players gave fans nothing to cheer about though

yea thats true but we can't just sing wen were winning we need to get behind them give them a boost remind them who there playing for we are the best fans in the spl so we need to show it

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    damn right he should go now before things get even WORSE.

i really dread next season. I really do.

And Liam Miller can GTF, rubbish. No wonder QPR launched him. He's not the only one though. Plenty in that team of underperforming numpties. I wont be back this season. No way. Had it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We only sing when we're winning. We don't support the team any more.

yea thats true but we can't just sing wen were winning we need to get behind them give them a boost remind them who there playing for we are the best fans in the spl so we need to show it
    Best fans in the SPL, don't make me laugh????

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    we only sing when we're winning. We don't support the team any more.

exactly!!

I'd agree, even when our support do sing it tends to be to slag off our apponents (Nade/Mercer/Jeffries Sheep S****ers etc). There really isn't many songs aimed at our players anymore in terms of encouragement. Mind you they've hardly merited it lately.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Ya cana sack yogi he was in the YLT and is a hibs man ......so f***ing what hes not got the bottle to leave out deek anthony or bamba? how much longer do we put up with the pish he comes out with he blabbered on for 5 mins on the radio last night about nothing the same nothing hes been comming out with now for weeks.
    Its time for him to stand up to the players or ship out YOGI you look like you blew it son time to go if you cant sort it .

If it was any other manager we would be calling for his head so why not Yogi??? his love affair with hibs and being a local boy doesnt cut it when we have been pumped out 2 cups, lost our 5 point lead in 3rd place, now trail 3rd by 2 points with 1 win in 9 games..............something clearly isnt working and we are clearly on a downward spiral, something has to happen before its too late,

First Team Breakthrough Tony1962's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broonie27 View Post
    what do you mean they haven't become bad players over night. from memory they have played well about 3 times in the entire season. we were riding out luck all early season and now we are being found out - simple as.

Yogi should not have spoken to the press last night and if he had to, he should have praised Ross C and said he was guttted for the fans and he would speak about Hibs players and performance when he was more calm and would would be able to put his anger and disappointment across in a better way.

We cannot and should not be sack Yogi he has to stop trying to accomodate Nish Riordan and Stokes. He must play 4 midfielders in Midfield he has to drop out form players regardless of who they are.

Yogi will quickly loss the dressing rooms respect if he does not change and come up with new "catch pharses" and most importantly give players who desperate to play a chance.

We should start from scratch for the remainder of the season and players who dont like it can leave in the summer.

Hardly think anyone would want to spend their hard earned cash on that pish anymore, all football teams get the up's and downs in the season but in our case the downs are winning by a country mile now

First Team Breakthrough boomtownhibby's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: eh? Wii Code: eh?
    he was never my choice for manager , but i think it would extremly harsh to sack him. still in the hunt for third remember. imho hibs fans are expect far to much, no doubt the man has done a decent job lets not overreact .

The disappointment is blinding people's judgement, if we know what the weakness in the team I am sure he does. Every team appears to know how to beat Hibs now - raw physical strength. Some talented players just don't work together thats the challenge facing the club.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    What a load of nonsense gets posted on here in the heat of the moment.

What would we all think of the Board at Hibs if they decided to sack every manager based on their first 8 months in the job ?

It's obvious everybody's hurting following last night's cup exit, but surely now is a time for calm heads. The Board appointed Yogi with a long term plan in mind and replacing Yogi now would, IMO, be clean mad.

For me, the club needs continuity and that means sticking with the manager we've got for a minimum of 3 seasons. Let him build his own team/squad during the close season and the next couple of transfer windows. If matters don't improve on the park, then we can start asking questions about Yogi's credentials.

The club needs continuity for a period.

FFS we've had 7 managers in the last 8 years.

A knee jerk reaction from the Board at this moment would be the wrong thing to do. They appointed Yogi and should stand by him.

'S' Form
    Why don't we just get rid of the tossers who saw fit to go out drinking on Sunday night!!!! after the yams defeat i couldn't leave the house buy a newspaper and these erse holes are out partying and with a scottish cup games to play 2 days later!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    The disappointment is blinding people's judgement, if we know what the weakness in the team I am sure he does. Every team appears to know how to beat Hibs now - raw physical strength. Some talented players just don't work together thats the challenge facing the club.
    thats just it though, in the January window we knew where the weaknesses were, Defenders and a strong big midfielder, we ended up with 2 goal keepers!

@hibs.net private member
    I wonder if Yogi is worried about his position, quoted on the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/8584335.stm

"If I get the opportunity to see out my vision then I'll be taking this club into the European spots, challenging the Old Firm and getting to the latter stages of cup competitions and if not, then if I fail, I've failed."

First Team Breakthrough HibbyRod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    What a load of nonsense gets posted on here in the heat of the moment.

What would we all think of the Board at Hibs if they decided to sack every manager based on their first 8 months in the job ?

It's obvious everybody's hurting following last night's cup exit, but surely now is a time for calm heads. The Board appointed Yogi with a long term plan in mind and replacing Yogi now would, IMO, be clean mad.

For me, the club needs continuity and that means sticking with the manager we've got for a minimum of 3 seasons. Let him build his own team/squad during the close season and the next couple of transfer windows. If matters don't improve on the park, then we can start asking questions about Yogi's credentials.

The club needs continuity for a period.

FFS we've had 7 managers in the last 8 years.

A knee jerk reaction from the Board at this moment would be the wrong thing to do. They appointed Yogi and should stand by him.
    Yes, i agree pretty much with all of that!

Its up to John Hughes to sort it out, and he must know by now what the problems are. He must acknowledge his own mistakes, be big enough to admit this and act accordingly.

He should be given until the end of next season at least.

Theres plenty questions id like to ask Yogi if I get the chance -
    Have you sent the team out to play hoofball and abandon a passing game ?
    Do you think your sergeant major / maybury league radgemanager touchline persona helps players who are out of form and low on confidence ?
    Have you any other side to your man management or are you a one trick pony ?
    Why Alan Gow ?
    Why no plan B to strengthen that area when Darren Barr wasnt available ?
    Why no chance yet for Brown in goals ?
    Why accomodate players in out of position positions when it clearly isnt working ?
    Why feel the need to utter a Gettysburg address after every defeat , sometimes less is more ?
    Fitba principles are great but should they always come before results , why not match RC in m/field last night and substitute some flair for workrate to try and dig out a win ?

Having said all that I want Yogi to stay and get the opportunity to answer those questions on the pitch. Hes not the messiah and the Falkirk fans criticisms which many , including me , dismissed as sour grapes are starting to come home to roost. However from what ive seen in the fist 1/2 of this season im happy to give him next season before I start questioning whether Yogi and the "vision" should be binned.
    Last edited by Brizo; 24-03-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brizo View Post
    theres plenty questions id like to ask yogi if i get the chance -
    have you sent the team out to play hoofball and abandon a passing game ?
    Do you think your sergeant major / maybury league radgemanager touchline persona helps players who are out of form and low on confidence ?
    Have you any other side to your man management or are you a one trick pony ?
    Why alan gow ?
    Why no plan b to strengthen that area when darren barr wasnt available ?
    Why no chance yet for brown in goals ?
    Why accomodate players in out of position positions when it clearly isnt working ?
    Why feel the need to utter a gettysburg address after every defeat , sometimes less is more ?
    Fitba principles are great but should they always come before results , why not match rc in m/field last night and substitute some flair for workrate to try and dig out a win ?

Having said all that i want yogi to stay and get the opportunity to answer those questions on the pitch. Hes not the messiah and the falkirk fans criticisms which many , including me , dismissed as sour grapes are starting to come home to roost. However from what ive seen in the fist 1/2 of this season im happy to give him next season before i start questioning whether yogi and the "vision" should be binned.
    good post

First Team Regular
    Just heard a rumour that he tried to resign last night ! Petrie told him to go away and think.Rumour from fellow supporter never talked s--t before

Quote Originally Posted by archiebald View Post
    Just heard a rumour that he tried to resign last night ! Petrie told him to go away and think.Rumour from fellow supporter never talked s--t before
    Probably more believable if you added FACT instead of mentioning some random supporter who was probably talking cr@p.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.