hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jocky Scott?
    Gie yirsel a shake pal eh!

2. Log in to remove the advert

If he has lost the dressing room then we have a major problem in the team! Collins, Mixu, Yogi? Is there someone upsetting everything? Because you can't tell me that 3 managers on the bounce all lose the dressing room. Maybe a look at the playing staff is needed here.

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A

Yogi

How many times in his interviews this last week has he said "I dont want to patronise the Hibs fans"?
    If you come out with more clap-trap like that in your post-match interview tonight Yogi, you & me are finished, finito! How the **** can we fail to beat a bunch of tuechters like Ross County...I am ****ing hurting like **** tonight Hughes and you better do the decent thing...get to ****!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Awww cummon admin, i started this first! :D

And its a discussion, NOT for him to be SACKED

Quote Originally Posted by down the slope View Post
    How long.
    The quicker the better

Quote Originally Posted by thecat23 View Post
    if he has lost the dressing room then we have a major problem in the team! Collins, mixu, yogi? Is there someone upsetting everything? Because you can't tell me that 3 managers on the bounce all lose the dressing room. Maybe a look at the playing staff is needed here.
    £££££££££££££

imo

Quote Originally Posted by King Paddy View Post
    Time to bring in an experienced manager Craig Brown of motherwell would get my vote. The other being D.Mcinnes at ST. Jonstone. Yogi get te ----.
    he has less expierience than JH

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    we're a rudderless ship floundering from one crisis to the another,way back when he made hogg captain ! bad decision,never a captain in his life,how many keepers does a club need,signed players ie, gow,we didn't really need ! tactics simply do not work,bad decision after bad decision,time's up !

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Absolute garbage, I'm afraid.

If you can't understand that the Falkirk job and the Hibs job are two different sets of circumstances, then please keep quiet until someone has explained it to you.
    Please can you explain it for the rest of us. Both have 11 players, both struggle to win games, both played nice football, both have no plan B, both are easy to play against, both easy to stop from playing. What are the different circumstances???

Blog Entries
    Hughes has to put his money where his huge mouth is and carry out his threat to get in a few players who have guts and character. We're lumbered with too many losers till summer but he has to make sweeping changes in the summer window.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    Yogi must stay. Definitely.

I can't offer a particularly convincing argument to back up my point of view though.
    Was it you that said this tie was effectively a bye into the semi finals?

So much for that kind of complacent attitude, eh?

A couple of questions to be answered IMO
    1. Where exactly do Hibs go from here ?
    2. We have been down the road of ex Hibs players as manager a number of times - not one has really worked since Turnbull - is it time to go for a TOP class overseas manager ?

I was not totally convinced re Hughes appointment at the time by virtue of "yet another ex Hibbee" but was quite happy to see how it went .
    It looks , sadly, as if my fears are going to be realised

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Jocky Scott?
    Only if he brings his jetpack.

Needs to be an 'outsider' though. I thought we'd turned the corner at the start of the season, but it obviously hasn't taken long for the players to sink back in to their comfort zones. This club needs a huge kick up the arse, this year's cup draw was the biggest opportunity we'll have in 50 years to get to a cup final...let's not waste the chance to take advantage of a completed stadium next year because if things don't improve then we might as well not bother with opening the new East Stand as there will be plenty of empty seats in the other three stands.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee View Post
    we're a rudderless ship floundering from one crisis to the another,way back when he made hogg captain ! bad decision,never a captain in his life,how many keepers does a club need,signed players ie, gow,we didn't really need ! tactics simply do not work,bad decision after bad decision,time's up !
    Spot on, when he made Hoggy captain i gave him the benefit of the doubt but the goalkeeper bit just shows there is no joined up thinking, i thought he was floundering in one of his media talk ins a few weeks ago and he sounded like a man who had no answer how we were going to turn our season round.
    As i mentioned earlier when Rod gets a look at the ST sales he will be gone just the same as Mixu.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Maybe he has lost the dressing room?
    Yogi is the man .....its the effin big time charlies who need to be put in their place .... no wonder strachan didnt play riordan he has been ***** for us ..... liam miller has been ***** of late esp since he failed to win a move in january major clearout needed in summer .... its shocking if we couldnt finish ross county at home then what can we do

players need to look long and hard at themselfs and try n salvage our season

I feel for Yogi cos he is like us fans a diehard hibby

let the yam fannys gloat hopefully come end of season we will be in europe

if the players get their heids oot their erses

Quote Originally Posted by Green7 View Post
    I wonder what Petrie is thinking at the moment.
    He's culpable too .. Another poor appointment ..

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Would any1 show Hughes the door tomoro?

Or does he deserve more time..

Coaching Staff
    Give him till the end of the season. If we can carry off 3rd or even 4th, he's done alright.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I think we were right to give Hughes the chance to see if he could bring the good times back to the Club. There is no doubting his feelings for the Hibs but it is looking more and more as if he is out of his depth. The January transfer window signings had the alarm bells ringing for me though I suppose it will be Browns turn for a game in goals on Saturday. Tonight he had Galbraith and Rankin warming up with 20 mins to go yet Galbraith came on with 5 mins to go and Benji with a minute to go. The Ross County manager made telling substitutions throughout the second half which eventually won them the game. Tactically out thought yet again. Petrie must be fuming at the loss of revenue from the semi finals and though Hughes might last the season but I doubt he will be here this time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ginger_hibee View Post
    Another thing we need to ask ourselves is if any other manger had Stokes, Riordan, Miller, Zemmama at their disposal, would they be doing just as bad?

I seriously think with the team we have and the quality of opponents in the SPL and below we should be romping to third. Especially with ex-premiership players such as Miller, Stokes etc. or the equivalent funds/budget we've paid for them.

I'm starting to really wonder if most managers would do a better job with what we have at our disposal. I think they would.
    just off the phone to my mate who's on his way back from Dingwall (poor sod!) and we said very similar. With the wages he's had at his diposal Hughes is NOT doing a good job. Ok Miller and Stokes are good signings but any decent manager could get players of that quality with the wages we're paying them.

Yogi you better get a ****in grip and quick.

@hibs.net private member the_ginger_hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    I think we were right to give Hughes the chance to see if he could bring the good times back to the Club. There is no doubting his feelings for the Hibs but it is looking more and more as if he is out of his depth. The January transfer window signings had the alarm bells ringing for me though I suppose it will be Browns turn for a game in goals on Saturday. Tonight he had Galbraith and Rankin warming up with 20 mins to go yet Galbraith came on with 5 mins to go and Benji with a minute to go. The Ross County manager made telling substitutions throughout the second half which eventually won them the game. Tactically out thought yet again. Petrie must be fuming at the loss of revenue from the semi finals and though Hughes might last the season but I doubt he will be here this time next year.
    Same on Saturday with Gailbrath and Byrne, had them stripped and ready to go on with about 20 minutes to go but didn't bring them all at all. He's clueless at times.

Left by mutual consent!

Thumbs Down

The buck stops with Hughes..

If he can't manage a team that contains guys like Murray, Bamba, Miller, Riordan, Stokes etc to get a victory over Ross County after 2 attempts there's something fundamentally wrong..

The football on offer is the same dross that was being served up under Mixup..

Folk just won't pay money to watch this *****!

I know I won't!

I'd rather go back to playing football on Saturdays myself than be subjected to this continual rubbish..

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Yogi is the man .....its the effin big time charlies who need to be put in their place .... no wonder strachan didnt play riordan he has been ***** for us ..... liam miller has been ***** of late esp since he failed to win a move in january major clearout needed in summer .... its shocking if we couldnt finish ross county at home then what can we do

How was he getting a move in January ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post
    Buy a brick?
    SHlT a brick mare likely

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Was it you that said this tie was effectively a bye into the semi finals?

So much for that kind of complacent attitude, eh?
    Ha, aye it was. I've been trying to be positive and confident about all kinds of things recently. It's not really working out for me.

To be honest, and you probably won't believe this because its easy for me to say so now, I never really believed it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    the reason this is so hard to take is that up until the rangers defeat at er in december, most of us actually thought we were on to something special.
    How can we go from that to the utter pish we have been watching lately?
    Yes, this is typed in anger but,we all knew that this was our chance to save our reason, plus against a first div side,
    time for a change. Time for an experienced manager. Taxi for hughes.
    Sorry but Hughes is now deemed an experienced manager.
    Hughes has to punt players or change his ideals as the players we have cant play his system.
    I think if Yogi does not punt at least 3 or 4 it will cost him his job he has to win back the dressing room as these players are playing football that will get him sacked.

Thumbs Down No faith in Yogi

Totally inept!

Not for the first time he's put out his side with the wrong line up, wrong formation, no tactics, very little football played again, and showed reluctance to introduce substitutes (only one very late on) because he hasn't the ability to change things.

To fail to produce a performance over 180 mins against a lower league side, in a cup tie, is unacceptable with the resources he has at his disposal.

Where was Hughe's bumboy superstar Bamba tonight, what did he do?
    Why keep Mr offside Nish on the field?
    Why continue playing your best striker wide and out of position?
    Why play Stevenson and Wotherspoon at full back when neither can tackle and their distribution poor?
    Why surrender midfield to the opposition again with another dreadful formation?

Where was the fight/guts/will to win? It would appear the players have no belief in Hughes' abilities and don't want to play for him.

The next big investment the club need to make is a decent manager, with a proven record, and not another under-achiever!
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    A couple of questions to be answered IMO
    1. Where exactly do Hibs go from here ?
    2. We have been down the road of ex Hibs players as manager a number of times - not one has really worked since Turnbull - is it time to go for a TOP class overseas manager ?

I was not totally convinced re Hughes appointment at the time by virtue of "yet another ex Hibbee" but was quite happy to see how it went .
    It looks , sadly, as if my fears are going to be realised

Sober up eh, i can just see Mourinho itching to take over at Hibs right enough

Left by mutual consent!
    Needs to buy some taller players who can defend.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post

Yogi manages these players though! he isnt dropping any of the players! He only dropped smith and he wasnt playing that badly. All the other players in that team minus murray could and probably should have been dropped because of bad performances. Yogi prides himself in man management but at this point he has no answer, and because he wont, or is scared to drop the 'bigger' players, there is no forceful motivation in there. Yogi needs to have a look at if players arent pulling their weight drop them and bring in someone from the youth, it certainly cant be worse than what we see just now, and I am sure the youth players will have fight!