hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are St J a top six side?

I seen St Johnstone wipe the floor with us in the cup at ER and tonight again they have destroyed us. Looking at the table with their games in hand they could go above Aberdeen and Hearts.

Rather than dismiss them should we be seeing them as a team on the up and top six competitors after the split?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Actually it'd be cracking if they pipped Hearts to sixth on goal difference by four goals.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I seen St Johnstone wipe the floor with us in the cup at ER and tonight again they have destroyed us. Looking at the table with their games in hand they could go above Aberdeen and Hearts.

Rather than dismiss them should we be seeing them as a team on the up and top six competitors after the split?
    I admit they are a threat.

They've got a good mix of youth and experience in their side and a manager with desire for success.

So I wouldn't rule them out of a top six finish.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar

St Johnstone are a decent side. They are full of big lads that aren't afraid to roll the sleeves up and get stuck in. They have some decent players in the team too. Smith is a good goalie, Murray Davidson, Colin Samuel, Sheridan are all good players.

They probably are....

... it doesn't make tonight's result acceptable though.

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    St Johnstone are a decent side. They are full of big lads that aren't afraid to roll the sleeves up and get stuck in
    Something we are seriously lacking in

Blog Entries

This sounds patronising but I think St Johnstone are a seriously good middle to upper SPL table side. They've got a few excellent players and their manager is no slouch either.

They are a decent side who are capable of scoring goals, they are one of the top scorers in the league right now. Their problem, up until now, has been keeping the goals out as I think they have also conceded one of the highest amount of goals in the league. If they manage to sort that out then there's every chance that they'll be in the top six.

They still shouldn't be beating us 5-1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This sounds patronising but I think St Johnstone are a seriously good middle to upper SPL table side. They've got a few excellent players and their manager is no slouch either.
    Totally agree, but I still don't want to be playing them on the last game of the season if we still need points to make it into Europe. Interesting though that with all the managerial problems that some teams have in the SPL, younger managers like Yogi and Derek McInnes have proven that there's still talent out there.