hibs.net Messageboard

Murray As Manager?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Fully expect to see him in our dug out in a few years...being an ex-player he will tick most of the boxes that require to be ticked to become a hibs boss

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fully expect to see him in our dug out in a few years...being an ex-player he will tick most of the boxes that require to be ticked to become a hibs boss
    All Ian has in managerial terms at the moment is ambition. Only time will tell if he has the other, more important, requirements to one day be the Hibs boss.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Think he will take up a coaching role with us once his new contract expires. The guy would be a great hibs manager one day, as he shares the same amount of passion as Yogi.

"ONE IAN MURRAY"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Think he will take up a coaching role with us once his new contract expires. The guy would be a great hibs manager one day, as he shares the same amount of passion as Yogi.

"ONE IAN MURRAY"

He's already working as a part-time coach in the Borders, isn't he?

His present contract takes him up to age 30. I think he might well then either go to a smaller club as player-coach, or sign up an extension with us as a player, but with coaching duties as well.

Five-six years from now, he could be just about ready to take the job on....

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post

"ONE IAN MURRAY"
    Yes but only passion does not make a good manager. Here's hoping he's picked up a few other traits along the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco442 View Post
    Yes but only passion does not make a good manager. Here's hoping he's picked up a few other traits along the way!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is this the same I-hun Murray that so many on here used togive abuse to? Ex Huns often struggle in the Hibs dug-out. I mean that guy Miller, he only lasted 12 years!

Let's get real.

Pat Stanton?

John Blackley?

Franck Sauzee?

Mixu?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    All Ian has in managerial terms at the moment is ambition. Only time will tell if he has the other, more important, requirements to one day be the Hibs boss.
    Frank and Mixu didn't have a lot more when they got offered jobs tbh.

We'll only know in time whether he has what it takes to be a manager. It's a good sign though that he wants to be involved in coaching when he still has years of playing still to go. It's a good way to keep him at the club till the end of his playing career too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Didnae stop JC from getting the gig...

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post

His present contract takes him up to age 30. I think he might well then either go to a smaller club as player-coach, or sign up an extension with us as a player, but with coaching duties as well.

Five-six years from now, he could be just about ready to take the job on....
    I think 30 is a bit young to take on coaching responsibilities. If he signs another extension there's a chance he could be captain at the time and can't see a captain\coach role. If he's lucky with injuries he could play well in to his 30s

He'd be best going away and learning about management somewhere else instead of going straight in the deep end at Hibs. Just think of what happened with Sauzee. I still think he (Sauzee) had have left us as a player he could have been a good manager later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_S View Post
    I think 30 is a bit young to take on coaching responsibilities. If he signs another extension there's a chance he could be captain at the time and can't see a captain\coach role. If he's lucky with injuries he could play well in to his 30s

He'd be best going away and learning about management somewhere else instead of going straight in the deep end at Hibs. Just think of what happened with Sauzee. I still think he (Sauzee) had have left us as a player he could have been a good manager later.
    I would love to see IM made club captain NOW, with CH as team captain. Maybe now that has to wait until the next contract renewal!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancienthibby View Post
    I would love to see IM made club captain NOW, with CH as team captain. Maybe now that has to wait until the next contract renewal!!
    Do we have a set up of both club captain and team captain? I'd like to see Murray as team captain but I don't think that this is the time to take it away from Hogg. If/when we go on a dodgy run, then that might be the time to ring the changes.

Could easily see him as Hibs manager in 10-20 years time

He loves the club that much and fans would easily take to him

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Do we have a set up of both club captain and team captain? I'd like to see Murray as team captain but I don't think that this is the time to take it away from Hogg. If/when we go on a dodgy run, then that might be the time to ring the changes.
    How about now?

Only joking before I get hit with a torrent of FFS etc...