hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the team lineup was wrong unfortunately

I am a massive yogi fan and by no way a jambo but i think there were mistakes with the team today. To drop wotherspoon was criminal and i also think mcbride should have started. Rankin could then have moved to the left meaning centre mid was more protected.

We got completely overrun in midfield as there were a few poor players in there (gow had a shocker but early days for him) and we missed the wing backs bombing forward.

Still think we will finish 3rd but hopefully we can sort ourselves out and batter st johnstone.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am a massive yogi fan and by no way a jambo but i think there were mistakes with the team today. To drop wotherspoon was criminal and i also think mcbride should have started. Rankin could then have moved to the left meaning centre mid was more protected.

We got completely overrun in midfield as there were a few poor players in there (gow had a shocker but early days for him) and we missed the wing backs bombing forward.

Still think we will finish 3rd but hopefully we can sort ourselves out and batter st johnstone.

Not at all!

We played very well in 1st half especially last 20 minutes, so tactics obviously worked well!

Not at all overrun in midfield. Miller, Rankin and especially Zemmama all on top of their game.

Second half was OK until their 2nd goal from what was a rather dubious penalty award. Your reflection of the game would be fair from their 2nd goal onwards, but to suggest we were overrun fron start is just nonsense.

Left by mutual consent!
    I would disagree as we have a tough spell with 3 away games in a week here.

We need to move the players around a bit to keep things fresh and bubbly.

Perhaps the team was picked with the memory that Wotherspoon found it tough against Lafferty last time, so De Beasely upset the balance a bit.

First Team Breakthrough northgreen24's Avatar
    I dont agree,

Yogi really went for it and if we had got the goal in the first have would have been a different game. Ok we lost 3 nil but he took the risk (like Aberdeen) and sometimes it pays off but this time it didnt

I would be happy to watch this every week

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by northgreen24 View Post
    I would be happy to watch this every week
    I'd rather we improved over the 90 but can accept the attempt no problem. Bit disappointed no Galbraith again though....seems odd.

Nonsense, that first half performance was as good as I've seen us under Hughes and if we got the goals we deserved for it the game could have been completely different. Alas we never and that gave the huns enough time to nullify Zemmama and get the first goal.

Bar the result itself I don't think there's much to feel glum about after that game today.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    I'm not sure how Wotherspoon would have helped. Hogg was okay at right back; certainly better than Wotherspoon was in the first two games against Rangers. Zemmama was excellent at right mid, caused Papac no end of problems in the first half.

Benji played well in the "hole role" as well. The only major disappointment was Gow at left wing IMO, and I'm not sure that Riordan would have done much better there. The other option, as you say, would be to play another midfield type (ie McBride) and push Rankin to left mid. Again, not 100% convinced by that, less energy in the middle area, perhaps slightly more solid in the wide and less quality in attack.

Didn't get any breaks and beaten by a better team in the end really is the sum total.

Left by mutual consent!
    I am a massive yogi fan and by no way a jambo but i think there were mistakes with the team today.
    Nah.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07

have to disagree there, i thought we were by far the better team first half and had to take one of our 2/3 good chances, but lost a lot of shape after the stupid first goal.
    we played some great football on the deck but as yogi said the very final pass seemed to take too long.thought gow looked well short of fitness but should prove to be a good signing.a good 15/16 players in the squad IMO.

As I said on another thread, I am a massive Yogi lover

Just can't figure out why he changed the playing 11.

Why he had both Bamba and Hanlon

And why Riordan or Wotherspoon were not on from the start

Nae doubt Yogi will have learned from taking such a gamble and we will hear about it soon.

He is the Gaffer and I do trust in him - I was just a bit thrown out with his team selection today

p.s I do love Yogi btw

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordans Boots View Post
    I was just a bit thrown out with his team selection today

so were the Huns, we just couldn't finish when the chances came along.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by Riordans Boots View Post
    As I said on another thread, I am a massive Yogi lover

Just can't figure out why he changed the playing 11.

Why he had both Bamba and Hanlon

And why Riordan or Wotherspoon were not on from the start

Nae doubt Yogi will have learned from taking such a gamble and we will hear about it soon.

He is the Gaffer and I do trust in him - I was just a bit thrown out with his team selection today

p.s I do love Yogi btw
    a little surprised at riordan, but understood the spoony one as he has openly admitted hes not done well against rangers this season.the tactics worked in the first half untill we shot ourselves in the foot.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Does anyone know how McCann is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    He has been training and Yogi was delighted last week that McCann was back on form??

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    sadly, I see him fighting back to soem reasonable state of fitness, only to be released at the end of his contract.

we are a good and fair club to players and wouldn't simply ditch him but he isn't going to make it back to required level IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    sadly, I see him fighting back to soem reasonable state of fitness, only to be released at the end of his contract.

we are a good and fair club to players and wouldn't simply ditch him but he isn't going to make it back to required level IMHO.
    It will take him the best part of three months to get his game fitness up to speed. By which time the season will be all but over.

If he makes it back we are realistically talking about next season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by stubru59 View Post
    It will take him the best part of three months to get his game fitness up to speed. By which time the season will be all but over.

If he makes it back we are realistically talking about next season.

I feel real sorry for the guy - an honest player who never gave anything less than 100% for the cause.

If it does go that way he'll always have the joy of that blistering drive against the Huns at ER to share with all of us who were there.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

If their ever was a game that showed up our complete lack of pace in the forward areas then it was today. No option of the quick ball. That reduces us to squigglers or having to walk the ball all the way to the net. Coming down in the car, I heard about this being a big game for Gow, but he was truly, truly awful. Now I steamed into Mixu for letting J-Johannson use first-team games to get this fitness up to the level, so Yogi has to take a kick in the erse for that as well. Deeks was an empty shirt again, and is looking more like the player that Celtic gave us back, rather than the player we gave them. However, I budget for no points a season from the OF, so I think we have money in the bank with four points already. If we take four points from the next two games, and if it is one from the saints and three from Well, then it is still all peachy.

When you're on top you must make their goalie work for his money.We didn't so we got what we deserved-nothing.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

disagree

Its amazing we've stuck with Yogi for so long, considering all the footballing experts we have at our disposal on Hibs net.

The first half was the best we've played this season, so how anyone can say the selection was wrong The hun got their usual penalty and a third was always likley when the heads dropped.

I was a bit puzzled as to why we changed the side. I just assumed that McBride, Wotherspoon, Nish and Riordan had all picked up knocks.

However I thought we played fine in the first half and at half time I thought we were quite comfortable and I didn't think that Rangers had threatened us too much.

Losing the first goal so early in the second half knocked the stuffing out of us a little bit and we never really recovered. Once the penalty went in for the second goal, the heads went down and it was effectively game over after that.

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    I thought the selection was innovative and brave, especially when Gow and Zemamma started off on the opposite wings you would expect. The Huns were well confused in the first 10 mins. However as time went on Stokes was too isolated and although Benji was having a blinder in the first half, he was too far from Stokes to be effective. Thought the back 4 in the first half were great and not too bad in the second, despite the 3 goals. Their first was a classy strike, their second a pen and the third was down to McBride's injury.

Overall I was pleased to see Yogi mixing it up. He has the squad to do it and I would love to see him continue to do it.

We actually played football today and it was good to see. On another day we would have won...

Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    I thought the selection was innovative and brave, especially when Gow and Zemamma started off on the opposite wings you would expect. The Huns were well confused in the first 10 mins. However as time went on Stokes was too isolated and although Benji was having a blinder in the first half, he was too far from Stokes to be effective. Thought the back 4 in the first half were great and not too bad in the second, despite the 3 goals. Their first was a classy strike, their second a pen and the third was down to McBride's injury.

Overall I was pleased to see Yogi mixing it up. He has the squad to do it and I would love to see him continue to do it.

We actually played football today and it was good to see. On another day we would have won...
    I agree,

I thought the first half was the best I've seen us this season in terms of passing and movement. It's the first time in a long time that I've been impressed by Benji and Zemamma. The only downside was Gow's performance which was a shame because he's a decent player and anything approaching a good game from him might've stretched their defence a little wider and made more opportunities for Stokes and Benji.

Second half was a bit of a sickener. Whit's goal was pretty good. The penalty, well Bamba thought he might make a challenge so Miller thought he might as well go down. The third, just an unfortunate slip, hope McBride's not too badly hurt.

Overall I think we'd beat most teams playing as we did in the first half and it was pretty good to watch.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    Its amazing we've stuck with Yogi for so long, considering all the footballing experts we have at our disposal on Hibs net.
    That's a good point actually. You would think that the reason for web-sites like this, was for fans to put forward their opinions freely. Hang on a minute.......actually, I will hang on till you say say something either constructive, interesting or non-cliche based. Looks like you are stuck with constructive or interesting. I am guessing that maybe a bit of a reach, but I have a lot of patience. Got something in my calendar for 2016 so get a shift on.

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    Aye whatever

You are jokin' likes

sadtom you really must be so very sad

@hibs.net private member
    Apart from after the second went in, thats the best i have seen us play this season. I though the team looked quite well balanced. My only problem with Yogi is that he never took Gow off early enough, I can hardly remember the commentator mentioning him. The other, although i thought he did quite well was hogg at right back. I know why he put him in there and he did a job but I thought when lafferty came on he was able to cut inside too easy off of Hogg. I though Benji played very well, touch was excellent!

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If their ever was a game that showed up our complete lack of pace in the forward areas then it was today. No option of the quick ball. That reduces us to squigglers or having to walk the ball all the way to the net. Coming down in the car, I heard about this being a big game for Gow, but he was truly, truly awful. Now I steamed into Mixu for letting J-Johannson use first-team games to get this fitness up to the level, so Yogi has to take a kick in the erse for that as well. Deeks was an empty shirt again, and is looking more like the player that Celtic gave us back, rather than the player we gave them. However, I budget for no points a season from the OF, so I think we have money in the bank with four points already. If we take four points from the next two games, and if it is one from the saints and three from Well, then it is still all peachy.
    Embarrasin post mate. How long was he on the field for today? What was the score wen he came on????? As I said, an embarrasin post.