hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonights crowd

Tonights crowd

Wasn't at this one. BBC reporting just over 10k bit suprised if that is true?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't at this one. BBC reporting just over 10k bit suprised if that is true?

The East stand singing made up for those of us who couldny make it tonight= 10k

Quote Originally Posted by Riordans Boots View Post
    The East stand singing made up for those of us who couldny make it tonight= 10k
    What singing? East Terracing = worst songs in SPL.

Do you really think a low rumble of "10 men couldnae carry Nade" is going to inspire the Hibs players. And "The Sheep are on Fire" sounded TEN times louder from the away end as it did from the home end.

What you also find is that the "noise" that occurred for 15 - 20 minutes after the 1st Hibs goal came from all the home stands, not just from the mythical East.

Complete absence of atmosphere tonight until the fight back started, felt like an end of season game with nothing at stake.

10469 according to sky sports

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Complete absence of atmosphere tonight until the fight back started, felt like an end of season game with nothing at stake.
    Imagine being at Tynecastle for their next game then.......
    Last edited by Ants; 10-02-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: astericking 5winecastle...eh?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zondervan View Post

Do you really think a low rumble of "10 men couldnae carry Nade" is going to inspire the Hibs players. And "The Sheep are on Fire" sounded TEN times louder from the away end as it did from the home end.

What you also find is that the "noise" that occurred for 15 - 20 minutes after the 1st Hibs goal came from all the home stands, not just from the mythical East.
    Utter nonsence! The atmosphere was good in the east tonite(and im not someone who bangs on about the atmosphere usually) And how can u hear the 'low mumble' of the nade song yet not hear the hibs songs that were sung for pretty much the entire second half?? And 'the sheep are on fire' probably wasnt that loud coz not everyone in the stand wanted to sing about a guy being set on fire

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    The atmosphere was great tonight. I thought the East were the loudest they've been all season.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd

I don't get this attack on the East by the everyone else. They all expect to hear the East make noise without contributing a jot themselves.

I heard more noise from 1000 sheep than the West and FF put together.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Utter nonsence! The atmosphere was good in the east tonite(and im not someone who bangs on about the atmosphere usually) And how can u hear the 'low mumble' of the nade song yet not hear the hibs songs that were sung for pretty much the entire second half?? And 'the sheep are on fire' probably wasnt that loud coz not everyone in the stand wanted to sing about a guy being set on fire
    Totally agree, thought the atmosphere(East Stand especially) was bouncing tonight once we got it back to two one. I agree with the earlier poster who said that it gave the players a visible lift, it was clearly evident and we had Aberdeen on the ropes for most of the 2nd half. Gutted we couldnt find a winner late on although the way the officials were behaving tonight they would probably have cancelled it for offside/foul in any event.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    honestly? heard vitually nowt from the East. FF Stand and West made quite a good bit of noise tonight,and neither are guilty of noise my throat's still sair!

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    the atmosphere at te begginin seemed very good, aprehensive, on top of the players then died a death. I thought we pulled a much bigger crowd than 10 k

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    honestly? heard vitually nowt from the East. FF Stand and West made quite a good bit of noise tonight,and neither are guilty of noise my throat's still sair!
    Ive got no voice left! Probably the loudest the east has been all season! Folk obviously hear diff things. And i do think the crowd pushed the players on. Considering we were getting beat until the 87th min the atmosphere was gd imo.

Was in the East and the atmosphere isnae bad. Used to be in the FF.
    What I would say is there are a few moaners who see no good and mouth off.

Bigger picture guys, bigger picture.

It may be the construction gives the shed an acoustic element that's missing from the other stands and is less to do with the occupants

@hibs.net private member
    It is a myth that the east makes an incredible noise and makes ER rock with atmosphere. There were a few songs but not much until the whole ground got behind the team. I would point out that its the job of all fans to get behind the team and cheer them on not just the east

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanduff View Post
    the atmosphere at te begginin seemed very good, aprehensive, on top of the players then died a death. I thought we pulled a much bigger crowd than 10 k

Looked no less than 13k from where I was sitting.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    10469 according to sky sports
    Surprised at that - I was in the South stand and the West and F5 looked pretty full and the East was 3/4 full. I thought it would be closer to 12000 or 13000

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

Looked no less than 13k from where I was sitting.
    I thought between 11 and 12k but it's hard to say how full the stand you're in is. West and East looked pretty full though.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    I thought between 11 and 12k but it's hard to say how full the stand you're in is. West and East looked pretty full though.
    Fairly poor turnout by the sheep by their own standards. Would appear to have taken more than double that, last week to Tynie and got a good result

First Team Breakthrough
    Worst song at any football stadium worldwide: 'its all gone quiet over there'. Makes me cringe everytime. And gives them ammo when the inevitably equalise/score the winner

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    I was in the East.

Didn't see many empty seats in the North or West.

Loved the sheeps is on fire chant 2nite

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    I don't get this attack on the East by the everyone else. They all expect to hear the East make noise without contributing a jot themselves.

I heard more noise from 1000 sheep than the West and FF put together.
    Cuts both ways with Easties insisting nobody else sings which is just not true. Yes the East create an atmosphere but if you're in it you're view is biased because you're part of it. I sit in the West Upper and the first half 'noise' was minimal whereas in the second half they were belting songs out but so were the West Upper and the FF
    This is how it feels

Thought the atmoz was pretty good tonight, but I gotta say, some of the abuse our own players get is really ridiculous. I heard people abusing Nish for being fouled!

FF lower, and if there was only 10467 at the game tonight then they must have brought out a hell of a lot of cardboard cut-outs! I'd say at least 12.5k.

Away and get raffled ya fud. You clearly don't have a scoobie about your talking about.

Hibs fans have a great range of songs, but outside of boozers or away games you would only ever hear them in the East stand.

The fact of the matter is fans in the East stand sing songs. Fans in the other parts of the ground sit and occassionally chant 'Hibees, Hibees'...

...and following the full time whistle proceed to drive home in their Volvos to their Barrat-built houses to post embittered comments on hibs.net about how much they hate the East stand.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    The only people who moan about the noise tonight where those who left early. There was a second half people. I counted 4 seats that were full at the start in the east that were mysteriously empty at the start of the 2nd half.

The East was bouncing after we scored, we honestly played a part in getting a result tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Easterroadbunny View Post
    The only people who moan about the noise tonight where those who left early. There was a second half people. I counted 4 seats that were full at the start in the east that were mysteriously empty at the start of the 2nd half.

The East was bouncing after we scored, we honestly played a part in getting a result tonight.
    I moved seats in the east at half time, Defo never left early, sat towards the away end to watch hibs attacks in 1st half then moved down to opposite end to see our goals in 2nd half

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie_aka_Davoo View Post
    Away and get raffled ya fud. You clearly don't have a scoobie about your talking about.

Hibs fans have a great range of songs, but outside of boozers or away games you would only ever hear them in the East stand.

The fact of the matter is fans in the East stand sing songs. Fans in the other parts of the ground sit and occassionally chant 'Hibees, Hibees'...

...and following the full time whistle proceed to drive home in their Volvos to their Barrat-built houses to post embittered comments on hibs.net about how much they hate the East stand.
    Away and get raffled ya fud. You clearly don't have a scoobie what you're talking about - I don't have a volvo or a Barratt house

What would we do without the East eh

You gotta love the Hibee family.:notworthy::notworthy:
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Regular
    Find it hard to believe last night's attendance. Are they trying to say that there were a thousand less than attended the Hamilton game? If there were only 10,469 there last night then you would expect to see huge empty spaces in the West and FF. Having looked at the highlights that is just not the case