hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar

The Ref (Craig Thomson, for it is he)

Absolute disgrace!!!!

The ref and the linesmen putting in a shocking display.

How much did Aberdeen get away with?

The glasgow football association strike again.

Great team spirit by the hibees:notworthy:

2. Log in to remove the advert

ref was pathetic tonight, should have had the pen before the one we did get (which dont think was) still a good game though from both sides if you were a neutral, zouma made a big difference, good point gained after being 2 down.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    ref was a joke tonight

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    You can't say things like that about the top ref in the country. Who gave him that title BTW? Top ref in his own house maybe!

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Worst ive seen for a while!! Total clown...and that linesman!!!!!!!

Worst refereeing display I think I've ever seen at Easter Road. Cannot believe what Aberdeen were able to get away with tonight. Mackie and MacLean were constantly at it - terrible fouls, diving etc but Thompson was only interested in giving Stokes a talking too for not hearing a whistle for offside. How on earth Miller was the only player booked during that scrap I'll never know. The offside desicions at the start of the second half were laughable also.

Montrose player celebrates with his own fans booked
    sheep player celebrates in front of hibs fans and.....nothin

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worst refereeing display I think I've ever seen at Easter Road. Cannot believe what Aberdeen were able to get away with tonight. Mackie and MacLean were constantly at it - terrible fouls, diving etc but Thompson was only interested in giving Stokes a talking too for not hearing a whistle for offside. How on earth Miller was the only player booked during that scrap I'll never know. The offside desicions at the start of the second half were laughable also.
    I'm guessing it's because not one of the officials were paying any attention, the ref, the west stand linesman and the 4th official all had their backs to it and the east stand linesman only realised something was going on when the crowd noise went up

FWIW the Aberdeen player, no 8 I think it was, went after Miller first

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    I'm guessing it's because not one of the officials were paying any attention, the ref, the west stand linesman and the 4th official all had their backs to it and the east stand linesman only realised something was going on when the crowd noise went up

Kerr?

How many times did Nish get pushed in the back when in the air, I could go on and on about it but haven't got the time to point out half the mistakes. By far the worst display I've saw in years, is it a coincidence that we're breathing down the necks of one of the old firm again?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

Miller done nothing other than get his toes stood on by that horrible, ugly ******* Kerr who then jumped up and had a go at Miller!!! The East stand linesman, despite standing lookin at it seen **** all, yet the West stand linesman who appeared to have his back to it, whilst speaking to the ref, seen enough to tell the ref to book LM?!?!? WTF?!?!? And that scrotum up front is a perfect replacement for Lee Miller!! Equally horrible.

Referee was a joke. Took an absolute age to make a decision and 9/10 got it wrong. The linesman on the east stand side for the 2nd half was just as bad. Someone ought to sit him down and go over the offside rule with him because the last time I checked, you can't be offside when you're in your own half.

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar

They made the decision up between them I think because the West Stand Linesman was with the ref checking the sub at the time it happened and the East Stand one was making sure no-one was offside at the time!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    In added time, after yet another bizarre decision, Hughes turned to the linesman, pointed at Thomson and said:

"If that's the best in the country, we're *****ed"

and I couldn't agree more. Woeful performance from the ref, delayed the game as much as possible and cost us a lot of our momentum. Some bizarre decisions. Even on the radio it was commented that he was dire.

By far and away the worst refereeing performance of the season tonight. Everything that was bad about Scottish refs on show...inconsistant, taking ages to make decisions, then getting them completely wrong and as had been said inventing the booking for Miller.

Wasn't convinced the one we got was a penalty but it made up fgor the couple we could have had and the half dozen fouls we should have had around the box.

I have to say Aberdeen are a very cynical, ugly side under McGhee and they were allowed to get aweay wi murder by Thomson tonight.

A genuine shocker of a display.

First Team Breakthrough Supraninja's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: liamRnumber1
    Was that linesman at the east the same guy as the one for St. Mirren?? They were both ***** and chubby... But then most linesmen seem to be. I laughed at the way that when he was getting pelters he did this funny shuffling thing with his feet to make it look like he was being really attentive with checking for offsides.

Coaching Staff
    He was a total stroker of a ref. The linesman on the East was piss poor as well.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    After the ref took Hughes aside and gave him an unmerited talking to in the first half, it was very funny when he turned to the fourth official and gave himself a slap on the wrist!

You could almost believe (if you are into conspiracy theories) that he was deliberately trying to lose us the game...... some of the strangest decisions I've witnessed from a ref.

2nd half about to start on BBC Alba so I'm going to watch it just to confirm my theory

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    was speaking to 4 aberdeen fans after the game. and they said he was absolutely horrific too.

Worst ref performance of the season so far
    Hibernian Football Club

That scrotum is the worst ref we have ever had at ER. It is so obvious he has an intense hatred for Hibs.

He should be sued for taking money under false pretences as he certainly didn't referee the game tonight as that would show impartiality.

I don't know how many times he just happened to get in the road when we had the ball.

He is so far up his own derrier it is unbelievable.

Surely after this performance Yogi should demand that he never darkens our doorsteps again.

@hibs.net private member
    Only thing worse than the ref was the linesmen. How can you be offside if the ball is still in your own half?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvino View Post
    In added time, after yet another bizarre decision, Hughes turned to the linesman, pointed at Thomson and said:

"If that's the best in the country, we're *****ed"

and I couldn't agree more. Woeful performance from the ref, delayed the game as much as possible and cost us a lot of our momentum. Some bizarre decisions. Even on the radio it was commented that he was dire.
    cant use that word enough to describe his performance.
    Was laughing my moobies off at where some of the free kicks got taken,thinking,what happened there !

He was an embarassment to his profession to be honest and you could drag a drunk off the street who'd do a better job than the linesman on the ET side.

You can tell the ref is bad when he seems to be the centre of every single moment of the game. The booking for Miller was baffling, a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Referee was a joke. Took an absolute age to make a decision and 9/10 got it wrong. The linesman on the east stand side for the 2nd half was just as bad. Someone ought to sit him down and go over the offside rule with him because the last time I checked, you can't be offside when you're in your own half.
    your right but if you are in there half when the ball is played and move into your half to recive the ball you ARE offside already been over this with my dad. the free kick is given in the postion you are when the balls played not where you recive the ball

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Got most calls right I thought. Same with the East Stand linesman.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Another imposter from the Hugh Dallas school of refereeing

The 'I'm the most important man on the pitch' attitude was there for everyone to see. Never let the game flow at all, made more wrong decisions than right and more interested in telling off the Managers than concentrating on what was happening on the pitch.

This is the same guy who had the shocker in the OF game at Ibrox earlier in the season and somehow managed to avoid giving 3 stonewall pens against the Huns.

Total joke of a ref.

Mark McGhee agrees the ref was rubbish - apparently he kept giving all the decisions Hibs' way!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Kerr?

How many times did Nish get pushed in the back when in the air, I could go on and on about it but haven't got the time to point out half the mistakes. By far the worst display I've saw in years, is it a coincidence that we're breathing down the necks of one of the old firm again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    You could almost believe (if you are into conspiracy theories) that he was deliberately trying to lose us the game...... some of the strangest decisions I've witnessed from a ref.

2nd half about to start on BBC Alba so I'm going to watch it just to confirm my theory
    So he/the"GFA" wanted us to lose so much they gave us an 87th minute penaty?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Only thing worse than the ref was the linesmen. How can you be offside if the ball is still in your own half?
    because...

Quote Originally Posted by bubblesmorrison View Post
    your right but if you are in there half when the ball is played and move into your half to recive the ball you ARE offside already been over this with my dad. the free kick is given in the postion you are when the balls played not where you recive the ball
    Just been having a discussion with my brother-in-law about the exact same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by bubblesmorrison View Post
    I know that. But thank you

Maybe I didn't have the best view from the FF, but at one point, Nish looked to be in his own half when the ball was played yet was still flagged offside.