hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That must be the biggest load of nonsense I have read on here. So you think that Hogg, Benji, Rankin and Nish are third division players. Bollox, they are SPL players and above average ones at that. Benji has turned into a lazy twat but his ability can't be questioned.As for Hogg, Nish and Rankin, I'm glad they are part of our squad and can't believe some of the abuse they take.

I apologise for the nonsense, i was a bit harsh [ its that sunday morning feeling) they`re good enough to be squad players nothing more.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Did you not see Nish score two yesterday then?????
    Yes why?

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    He's a Hibs man and he's playing for the club he loves. And he also bags a few goals. Why is there always someone who's the fall guy at ER - we are flying right now FFS!!!

Nish would walk into any other SPL team outwith the Old Firm IMO...

Nish plays to the best of his ability every week and never gives up and we are a poorer side in his absence. He has a fantastic work ethic and attitude and has more assists than any other player this season.

Are there better strikers at the club? Yes but they do not do as an effective job which is why Yogi picks him every week. He gives Stokes and Deek the opportunity to score goals, when he's not on the pitch they look lost (look at the last 20 minutes of the Hamilton match for a example of that)

It is no surprise to me that the good run of results started when Zemmama got injured and McBride and Nish came back into the starting line up, they both do the 'unseen' work that all the other 'better' players apreciate and provide a balance to the team.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    It's the Hibs way.
    Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    It's the Hibs way.
    Nonsense

It's the way of a few tossers - doesn't reflect the vast majority!

First Team Breakthrough West Upper's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: v HiiB3RNI4N x
    Nish always tries his hardest unlike Deek but no one ever shout at Deek when he misses so why boo Nish he scores a few and works hard thats all we can ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlehibee View Post
    Nish always tries his hardest unlike Deek but no one ever shout at Deek when he misses so why boo Nish he scores a few and works hard thats all we can ask for.
    1) This is a lie. You made it up. Just now, when you typed it.

2) Whats Derek Riordan got to do with Colin Nish?

Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    Nish plays to the best of his ability every week and never gives up and we are a poorer side in his absence. He has a fantastic work ethic and attitude and has more assists than any other player this season.
    Are there better strikers at the club? Yes but they do not do as an effective job which is why Yogi picks him every week. He gives Stokes and Deek the opportunity to score goals, when he's not on the pitch they look lost (look at the last 20 minutes of the Hamilton match for a example of that)

It is no surprise to me that the good run of results started when Zemmama got injured and McBride and Nish came back into the starting line up, they both do the 'unseen' work that all the other 'better' players apreciate and provide a balance to the team.
    How many does Nish have.

Some of the vitriol aimed at him yesterday was unbelievable. You would never think he'd scored 2 goals. Forgive me, but isn't that a good days work from a striker?

Left by mutual consent!
    I think we all have our opinions of players whether their good enough or not? But when we're at the game we should all put these feelings aside surely and get on with supporting the team. This is the place to vent our anger about players we think should or shouldn't be picked or who we think might not be "HIBS CLASS" whatever that means? We do ourselves as a club no favours by barracking the players on the pitch. After all we are there to support are we not?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    How many does Nish have.
    Franck is God is getting a bit confused today. Riordan has the most assists at ER this season.

But lets not get fact in the way of the weekly riordan bashing hibs.net thread

According to the official site, Deeks has the most assists this season, with Nish and Rankin equal second.

That could just be SPL fixtures, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvy1875 View Post
    Every team will have a worst player, its a fact, unavoidable. That player is still a member of the TEAM though, lets not forget that. And if it wasn't him then someone else would have to be the worst......think about it. Why boo them? The point is? Is it going to make them better for your team?....NO. Is it going to improve the atmosphere of the support around you?....NO.

So its a pointless and selfish excercise.
    Spot on

I yearn for the time when as one, this support of ours gets behind the whole team instead of looking for someone, anyone , to berate.

Well done on getting two goals yesterday Nishy and hard luck on missing the sitter.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    1) This is a lie. You made it up. Just now, when you typed it.

2) Whats Derek Riordan got to do with Colin Nish?
    Im saying lay off Nish he actually tries his hardest all the time. Deek dosen't.

First Team Breakthrough DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    I have to admit I am not a fan at all of the big man. I wont even discuss his inability to use his notable height and size, its embarrassing and we've grown to accept it.

Last week, outside the box i felt he had an excellent game, link up was neat and tidy, got the wide players and Miller into the game a lot. But inside the box, its shameful how poor he is. The guys a striker, a centre forward, number 9. If he was even a good SPL player, we wouldnt have been waiting until injury time to win the game last week. 3 headers he had inside the penalty area, failed to hit the target once. And he misses the target with simple chances on a weekly basis. Even anything, i think he gets an easier ride with these missed chances as we know he's essentially humpty. If Stokes missed the same number of simple chances, failing to even make the keepr work, then he'd get slaughtered. With Nish, its just a stadium-wide groan but again acceptance.

And dont even start to hit me with the 'he puts a shift in' argument, I and 10,000 other Hibbies could go and run around like a blue @rsed fly, doesnt mean we're any use. Hopefully we can develop to a stage where a guy like Nish is no longer good enough for out team. He's bagged a few goals, but i reckon had someone else played the games he has in that role, theyd have far far more.

All my opinion of course.

Im saying lay off Nish he actually tries his hardest all the time. Deek dosen't.
    I agree that berating players is not on.

I will also take a double from any of our strikers any time they give us one.

However, to suggest that "nish tries his hardest all the time" and "deek doesn't", is utter nonsense.

FWIW I'd always keep nish in the squad at ER.

hes a tryer, nothing more, and will be moved out of er this summer.
    If we were that keen to get rid of him Yogi would have accepted Aberdeen's approach for him last week.

Gamer IDs

However, to suggest that "nish tries his hardest all the time" and "deek doesn't", is utter nonsense.

I think in the later stages of games should track back more to help out the full back.

According to Soccernet.

Nish has 15 starts, 5 goals and 4 assists

Riordan has 25 starts, 12 goals and 4 assists.

I would also say that all of Nish's assists would have been from open play, Riordan and Rankin do take the majority of Hibs set pieces, not trying to devalue their contribution just put it into perspective.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

It's not utter nonsense it's all down to perception, I see Nish trying hard and admittedly it doesnae always come off for him, then I see times where Deek gives up on a pass or doesn't give that extra effort when you expect it. I have heard more "Deek doesnae look interested today or that Lazy bassa Deek" at ER than I have ever heard Nish being blamed for lack of effort.

I think in the later stages of games should track back more to help out the full back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    If we were that keen to get rid of him Yogi would have accepted Aberdeen's approach for him last week.
    Yogi knows the score.

According to Soccernet.

Nish has 15 starts, 5 goals and 4 assists

Riordan has 25 starts, 12 goals and 4 assists.

I would also say that all of Nish's assists would have been from open play, Riordan and Rankin do take the majority of Hibs set pieces, not trying to devalue their contribution just put it into perspective.
    Think Deek is more on 8 assists for the season.

I was only quoting the website and it included the goal he scored yesterday so it must be up to date.

one thing those stats do tell me is that we need to work on our set pieces, if Riordan and Rankin only have 4 & 3 assists each it suggests we haven't scored that many from indirect free kicks or corners.

Left by mutual consent!
    4 according to the SPL website.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbiedon View Post
    Im pretty happy with the way the ball hit the back of the net, but im biased, i think supporters should support,
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalHibees View Post
    Some of the vitriol aimed at him yesterday was unbelievable. You would never think he'd scored 2 goals. Forgive me, but isn't that a good days work from a striker?
    That was my thought - especially when I got back to the house and checked out the match-updates thread. One or two guys there who obviously weren't at the game laying into him for the 4-yard miss while blissfully ignoring the fat that his two first-half goals had more or less guaranteed us a place in the quarters.

He's not the greatest striker ever to play for Hibs, and at times I seriously wonder if his left foot knows where his right foot's going. But he gives 100% every game, never stops trying, makes a downright pest of himslef to the opposition defenders, and pitches in with a goal every 3 or 4 games, as well as making space for others to score, and laying on assists.

He's honest, whole-hearted, and a Hibee in all senses of the word. Those who barrack and abuse him should lay off.

And DON'T all just start on someone else, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    Spot on

I yearn for the time when as one, this support of ours gets behind the whole team instead of looking for someone, anyone, to berate.

Well done on getting two goals yesterday Nishy and hard luck on missing the sitter.
    Pigs will fly and Nade will win the UEFA Golden Boot before that happens, D.

As you say - well done big Colin for scoring early, scoring twice, and putting us well on the way to the quarters. Gaun yersel, Big Man.

Yes why?
    Because you mention his miss rather than his two goals........ Pathetic..........

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Timing is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Because you mention his miss rather than his two goals........ Pathetic..........
    Calm yersell delabooze. Good tattoo or no, dinnae get in a state because Nish isnae the messiah in my eyes.

Do try not to take ONE point in isolation. It makes you look........... stoopid...........