hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Ex-Hibs players returning to ER

Following on from the McNeill thread, which recent ex-Hibs players still playing football would get a GOOD reception and which a BAD reception.

I always remember the reception we gave Alan Rough when he return to Hibs (playing for Celtic) "There's only one Alan Rough, one Alan Rough". In the next 45 minutes he let in three goals. Thanks, Alan.

Good Reception "There's only one *******"
    Murphy
    Jones
    Sproule
    O'Connor

Bit of both
    Brown
    Whittaker

Bad Reception
    Killen
    Stewart
    Thomson
    Brown (goalie)
    Zibbi

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Fletcher, Boozy, (GOOD)

Konte - Good

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Bad for Gary Own Goal Caldwell. When the big t***r started giving it to east after his goal in the Hibs 3-2 Boruc game at ER under Collins. Big head fud.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

Maybe Johnny Boy can tell us what it was like when St Pat came back in a Celtic top?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Johnny Boy can tell us what it was like when St Pat came back in a Celtic top?
    Can't rememebr the game but do remember thinking PS with the League Winners medal - can't be that bad. After one season, Jackie Mac proved we hadn't done so badly out the deal either. No better Hibbie desreved the medal, only pity it needed to be Stein's Celtic that got him there. Jock Stein knew a player when he saw one.....

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Things were different back then - no messageboard lynch mobs for example

As far as I can recall he was not booed but my only real lasting memory was how sad I felt at seeing my hero playing for an opposing team.

Years later Pat told me that when he arrived at Parkhead the players and staff were all really friendly and that the fans were good to him but, and I quote "It just wisnae right, it wisnae Hibs"

This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'rourke3 View Post
    Can't rememebr the game but do remember thinking PS with the League Winners medal - can't be that bad. After one season, Jackie Mac proved we hadn't done so badly out the deal either. No better Hibbie desreved the medal, only pity it needed to be Stein's Celtic that got him there. Jock Stein knew a player when he saw one.....
    25,000 at ER for his testimonial against them would be a good marker.
    Can't think of any reason in the world why Pat Stanton would get anything other than a hero's welcome.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    25,000 at ER for his testimonial against them would be a good marker.
    Can't think of any reason in the world why Pat Stanton would get anything other than a hero's welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1875 View Post
    Following on from the McNeill thread, which recent ex-Hibs players still playing football would get a GOOD reception and which a BAD reception.

I always remember the reception we gave Alan Rough when he return to Hibs (playing for Celtic) "There's only one Alan Rough, one Alan Rough". In the next 45 minutes he let in three goals. Thanks, Alan.

Good Reception "There's only one *******"
    Murphy
    Jones
    Sproule
    O'Connor

Bit of both
    Brown
    Whittaker

Bad Reception
    Killen
    Stewart
    Thomson
    Brown (goalie)
    Zibbi

I personally have never had a problem with players leaving, its annoying when it seems that they have engineered the move through the press but for them its just a job. Even if they are fans of the club they still have to
    treat it as a career and do whats best for them.

Interesting looking at your list the only players that expressed a desire to leave are on your good reception list. Jones and Murphy wanted to leave and weren't shy about people knowing it.

Killen, Stewart, Zibi & Brown were released at the end of their contracts and Thomson was sold after hs agent got his best mate Keith Jackson to write some crap about his poor Mum not being able to afford to shop at Waitrose or something....