hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar

David Wotherspoon

Before a thread gets started about him being poor today, please be aware that he has been ill with a heavy cold for the last few days and was a doubt before the game but Yogi had asked him to play through it...Not his finest game in a Hibs Jersey but still gave the side his 100%...Take a bow son for sticking in today

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before a thread gets started about him being poor today, please be aware that he has been ill with a heavy cold for the last few days and was a doubt before the game but Yogi had asked him to play through it...Not his finest game in a Hibs Jersey but still gave the side his 100%...Take a bow son for sticking in today
    Was he poor

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeystewart View Post
    Was he poor
    Yes, as a lot of the team were.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Thank you Mrs. Wotherspoon. Can you make sure David catches up with his homework, please?

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Was he poor
    Not as good/cultured/exciting as usual, missed placed passes all day to be fair to him but hopefully my first post explains why

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Yes, as a lot of the team were.

I have to respectfully disagree

Thats fair enough.

I just thought that his distribution was pretty poor today, he was struggling at times to find a green jersey. I also thought that he was caught out of position a few times also. Had a really poor 15 to 20 mins in the 2nd half.

I think he is a good player and a great prospect, just thought he was off the pace a liittle bit. His illness probably explains this.

Me too....from someone at the game. Thought Wotherspoon had a fine game. Going to be a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Me too....from someone at the game. Thought Wotherspoon had a fine game. Going to be a great player.

I saw the game, I just was not at ER.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I thought Wotherspoon was good and his team mates should've taken advantage of his good positioning on the right wing more often. A quality player already.

Thought Wotherspoon played well today... plays well beyong his age and with great skill!

I thought he was ok today. Made himself available all the time and has the right attitude. He was one of only two players looking to take players on and gave us good width. Sure, he misplaced 2 or 3 passes, but considering the surface, it was understandable.

Blog Entries
    Bolton - difference between TV and being there is you can see more of the players work without the ball. Yes he missed a few passes today - nad on a rubbish pitch was not alone. But on several occasions her ran the length of the pitch and was in open space only to get ignored for a pass. He was also playing the whole right side on his own (other than 10 mins second half whhen Stokes pushed out wide) and it must have been sapping on such a heavy pitch to be bombing forward and then having to get back and defend with little break as it was more down the right than left for us all day. He also got a couple of excellent crosses in one of which should have been a goal had the header not been fluffed.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Thought he had a better second than first today

First Team Breakthrough scotcha's Avatar
    some people on here are just wanting a rise from people.

This boy was head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch today. He was also the only person in a hibs shirt that looked like he wanted to move the ball forward.

His composure on the ball was from someone beyond his years, and he is the one player that looked like he could do something today.

So this was his performance with a cold and being ill... well that made it extra good in my eyes. It also probably explains why he look tired in a ten min spell in the second and had three misplaced passes.

This boy is class, ill or not!!

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Bolton - difference between TV and being there is you can see more of the players work without the ball. Yes he missed a few passes today - nad on a rubbish pitch was not alone. But on several occasions her ran the length of the pitch and was in open space only to get ignored for a pass. He was also playing the whole right side on his own (other than 10 mins second half whhen Stokes pushed out wide) and it must have been sapping on such a heavy pitch to be bombing forward and then having to get back and defend with little break as it was more down the right than left for us all day. He also got a couple of excellent crosses in one of which should have been a goal had the header not been fluffed.
    This is true.

I thought with his passing though, especially in the 2nd half his passes were wayward. These in the main were passes he made without the St Mirren players closing him down (unforced errors). The pitch did not come in to play with some of those passes as they were lifted off the ground. He did get a couple of good crosses in tbf.

I like him, I think he is one of the best prospects we have at the club.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by scotcha View Post
    some people on here are just wanting a rise from people.

This boy was head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch today. He was also the only person in a hibs shirt that looked like he wanted to move the ball forward.

His composure on the ball was from someone beyond his years, and he is the one player that looked like he could do something today.

So this was his performance with a cold and being ill... well that made it extra good in my eyes. It also probably explains why he look tired in a ten min spell in the second and had three misplaced passes.

This boy is class, ill or not!!
    What?????

That's as poor as Ive seen him today, he is an excellent prospect though undeniably.

I must watch a different game from some folk...

Left by mutual consent!
    There were a few slack passes from him today but overall he was one of our better players.

We still need someone pulling out on the right of midfield to give him another option though.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Wotherspoon was caught in posession a couple of times although there was no-one there to support him and cover for him. Despite this he still managed to get some great crosses in and threaded a dilighfiul ball through to Nish, who should have scored. Again, he never had a great game but was far from poor IMO.

He is learning all the time.
    GGTTH

By the way the rest of the team was playing, I assume they all had bubonic plague?!?

Or a bad dose of Misplaced Pass Syndrome.........

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage1875 View Post
    What?????

That's as poor as Ive seen him today, he is an excellent prospect though undeniably.

I must watch a different game from some folk...

I thought he started poorly and made hard work of the first half. I thought though he had a much stronger second half....always makes himself available and broke down a number of St Mirren moves....

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I didn't think he was poor

He wasn't brilliant today but he certainly wasn't the worst, by any means: looked a bit more composed than several of his teammates.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: aberhibsfc
    It's good to know that his performance was hampered by illness. It shows his commitment to the cause that he put himself out there to play.

With that said, he is young and learning, he has been outstanding so far and deserves some patience from the fans.

Good on ye lad.

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    I thought Spoony had a tough shift on the right today. He had to play the ball inside almost every time, into a congested centre of the park. He had very little support in front of him...

There werent too many top performances out there (and David was far from the worst). Certainly gave his all, especially in the circumstances...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster18 View Post
    I didn't think he was poor
    coz he wasn´t.

thought in the 1st half he really got us forward and his efforts to get up and down is fantastic, he shows composure beyond his years.

a few slack passes 2nd half, but thats mainly coz going longer made sense.

with miller, rankin and mcbride in midfield, we lack a bit width on the right and DW has a lot of ground to cover.

smashing player and a joy to watch.
    Last edited by Craig_in_Prague; 30-01-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    This is true.

I thought with his passing though, especially in the 2nd half his passes were wayward. These in the main were passes he made without the St Mirren players closing him down (unforced errors). The pitch did not come in to play with some of those passes as they were lifted off the ground. He did get a couple of good crosses in tbf.

I like him, I think he is one of the best prospects we have at the club.
    In fact the pitch came into play all the time.It was hard,slippery and near to unplayable in parts.Players constantly found their standing foot slipping as they went to play the ball.

Coaching Staff
    His composure today was exceptional. A few misplaced passes but what the helll. What a player the boy will be.