hibs.net Messageboard

Despicable figures in other sports

Watching the rugby bit on SSN got me thinking about who are the most reviled players of other sports - for you personally, or just in general.

So, whatever the other sports you are passionate/knowledgeable about, list your hate figures here, with a brief explanation why, if you can think coherently beyond the foaming fury!!

Rugby

Danny Grewcock - from what I can tell, a genuinely violent man and nasty bit of work. Seems to be on a 6 month cycle, whereby he just cannot stop getting hefty bans for brutal stamps, eye gouging or a variety of other forms of thuggery

Lawrence Dallaglio - A coke fiend and a thug on the field.

Basketball

Kobe Bryant - a great player, but charges of rape and the fact that he emanates "up his own arse"-ness doesn't endear him to me.

Any others?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Boxing

Junior Witter- Bitter little man desperately trying to belittle the achievements of others, namely Amir Khan and Ricky Hatton. Disrespected both Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander and paid the ultimate price both times. Should have focused on his own fights and his own notable achievements.

Baseball

Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez and any of the other drug cheats who hold tainted records.

Thats a couple for starters while i get my thinking cap on.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching the rugby bit on SSN got me thinking about who are the most reviled players of other sports - for you personally, or just in general.

So, whatever the other sports you are passionate/knowledgeable about, list your hate figures here, with a brief explanation why, if you can think coherently beyond the foaming fury!!

Rugby

Danny Grewcock - from what I can tell, a genuinely violent man and nasty bit of work. Seems to be on a 6 month cycle, whereby he just cannot stop getting hefty bans for brutal stamps, eye gouging or a variety of other forms of thuggery
    Lawrence Dallaglio - A coke fiend and a thug on the field.

Basketball

Kobe Bryant - a great player, but charges of rape and the fact that he emanates "up his own arse"-ness doesn't endear him to me.

Any others?

A pussy cat compared to wade dooley ex England forward and Policeman. If he walked the beat like he played rugby he would be the one starting the fights. probably one of the most violent players to play rugby absolute thug.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boxing

Junior Witter- Bitter little man desperately trying to belittle the achievements of others, namely Amir Khan and Ricky Hatton. Disrespected both Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander and paid the ultimate price both times. Should have focused on his own fights and his own notable achievements.

Baseball

Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez and any of the other drug cheats who hold tainted records.

Thats a couple for starters while i get my thinking cap on.

Bonds was a complete bawbag even before BALCO was busted. At least Sosa / McGwire were likeable.