hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar

Smith - Hanlon - Miller - McBride - Stokes

That. Is. A. Spine.

Not just for tonight I must say, but for the future. If I were to base it on tonight, I would add in Hoggy as well however he's a bit hot and cold.

Smith had two great saves tonight but more impressively, he did the "simple" things well i.e knowing when to leave his line, knowing when to punch, knowing when to catch.

Hanlon belied his tender years with a mature performance and didn't allow himself to be hustled and bustled by two quite physical strikers.

Miller and McBride are decent individually, outstanding as a pair. The way they dovetail each other, cover for each other and find each other is a joy to watch. Absolutely outstanding again.

And as for Stokesy, well, sometimes he drifts in and out of a game but that boy is f****ng lethal in front of goal.

Absolutely overjoyed with tonight's performance, I don't think I could fault anyone.

Aye, we were up against it at times and aye the defence looked less than watertight at times but hey, we've went to Parkhead with 3, yes three (THREE!!!) strikers and won the game.

We've went to Parkhead with only 3 midfielders (when most teams have five at least at that ground) and they refused to be overrun.

And in defence and in goals, we had five men who, although at times under the cosh, refused to buckle and put bodies on the line and organised themselves well enough to get the 3 points.

Add to that the humping Hearts suffered and the fact I predicted another good night again tonight (on the PM board before the game), I think I'll tuck into another Stella, spark up a celebratory fag and enjoy the contrasting post-match views on here and JKB.

Hope they roasters from across the road enjoyed their "one-upmanship" over Darren Barr........the club that owns the Capital have just p!ssed on their chips in the best manner possible.

LeChat, suck my left one ya rootin' tootin' ersehole
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Been a long time since I've felt so secure about any of our goalkeepers, but you could see the strength drawn from the back.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That. Is. A. Spine.

Not just for tonight I must say, but for the future. If I were to base it on tonight, I would add in Hoggy as well however he's a bit hot and cold.

Smith had two great saves tonight but more impressively, he did the "simple" things well i.e knowing when to leave his line, knowing when to punch, knowing when to catch.

Hanlon belied his tender years with a mature performance and didn't allow himself to be hustled and bustled by two quite physical strikers.

Miller and McBride are decent individually, outstanding as a pair. The way they dovetail each other, cover for each other and find each other is a joy to watch. Absolutely outstanding again.

And as for Stokesy, well, sometimes he drifts in and out of a game but that boy is f****ng lethal in front of goal.

Absolutely overjoyed with tonight's performance, I don't think I could fault anyone.

Aye, we were up against it at times and aye the defence looked less than watertight at times but hey, we've went to Parkhead with 3, yes three (THREE!!!) strikers and won the game.

We've went to Parkhead with only 3 midfielders (when most teams have five at least at that ground) and they refused to be overrun.

And in defence and in goals, we had five men who, although at times under the cosh, refused to buckle and put bodies on the line and organised themselves well enough to get the 3 points.

Add to that the humping Hearts suffered and the fact I predicted another good night again tonight (on the PM board before the game), I think I'll tuck into another Stella, spark up a celebratory fag and enjoy the contrasting post-match views on here and JKB.

Hope they roasters from across the road enjoyed their "one-upmanship" over Darren Barr........the club that owns the Capital have just p!ssed on their chips in the best manner possible.

Legendary post.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    That. Is. A. Spine.

PH - I honestly think you have been responsible for at least 10 of the best posts I've ever read on here.

That is absolute class
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

would add Ian Murray to that his experience is invaluable to us!

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gem View Post
    would add Ian Murray to that his experience is invaluable to us!
    That's not part of a spine

Unless you're a hunchback of course.

But I see your point in terms of his importance.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

hes only 28!

That. Is. A. Spine.

take a bow son, take a bow :-)

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    That. Is. A. Spine.

"At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    That. Is. A. Spine.

And lets not forget the man at the helm who was responsible for signing 4 of these guys...take a bow Yogi.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    And lets not forget the man at the helm who was responsible for signing 4 of these guys...take a bow Yogi.
    Petrie

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    take a bow that man

Why don't we all just take a bow for how awesome we are

Hanlon, superb! Galbraith, come on down! Slowly but ****in surely Yogi is getting it right and miserable Mogga hasnae a clue!

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    That. Is. A. Spine.

Statement !!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    Why don't we all just take a bow for how awesome we are

"There is no charge for awesomeness - or attractiveness....." (The Fat Panda)

I just love your hate agenda against Le Chat, who is without doubt the biggest fandan in the history of internet message boards....EVER!!!

Once again a quality post all round PH