hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Spoonjilloun's Avatar

Real Chance to beat Celtic

tonight is a good chance to beat celtic. not getting carried away with the hamilton game but 3 times this season i have seen hibs play that well for a period in a match: 1. away to motherwell (1-3), first 30 minutes v rangers (1-4) and majority of the hamilton match, if we manage to click like that against celtic tonight think we could be in for a merry night.

will anyone be dissapointed with a anything less than a win? i would take a draw but eventhough Csaba talks a load of P*** at times, his rant after ibrox saying go to these places to win should be the aim was pretty much right.

getting excited for the match tonight

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonjilloun View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    tonight is a good chance to beat celtic. not getting carried away with the hamilton game but 3 times this season i have seen hibs play that well for a period in a match: 1. away to motherwell (1-3), first 30 minutes v rangers (1-4) and majority of the hamilton match, if we manage to click like that against celtic tonight think we could be in for a merry night.

will anyone be dissapointed with a anything less than a win? i would take a draw but eventhough Csaba talks a load of P*** at times, his rant after ibrox saying go to these places to win should be the aim was pretty much right.

getting excited for the match tonight

Correct - lets go there and have a right go at them. To be fair since the Mogga days - we've always gone to Darkheid and Skull Mountain looking to have a go!
    Celtic at the moment are a rocky ship - they are in a bit of a transition period at the moment as Mogga is having an Ortizan-style clear oot! We go there as a solid unit and attack from the word go and they wont know whats hit them.
    Miller's undoubtedly going to be getting it tight so fingers crossed he can rise above that and dominate the midfield like he has done so many times this season!
    I'm gonna go for 2-1 Cabbage. Stokes and Murray.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I can't see us getting anything tonight.

We haven't beaten anyone in the top 5 yet, even at home, so I don't see how people can be confident about winning in Glasgow.

I'd take a draw now, but I can't see it.

I'll take Toaods out for an evening on the batter if we win 6 - 0 though.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Expecting us to be beat quite easily actually.
    Maybe 2-0, or 3-0.

As others have said and on different threads, we've not faired well against top 5-6 teams, although the Rangers game away was excellent, and we'll need another performance like that, to even think about a draw, let alone anything more.

To get anything in Glasgow, you need to play at your best, need a lot of luck and also hope their strikers have an off day.

They're still very strong, whether you wana believe it or not.

Coaching Staff
    It's funny, these should be our biggest games but I rarely have much interest in OF away matches, I just sort of write them off.

This game is a distraction IMO if we come out of it with no injuries and no suspensions and a scoreline that is respectable e.g. 2-0 Celtic then I'm okay with that. I am never confident away to either OF. Don't forget Hamilton created a lot of chances at the weekend, and if Celtic create as many then they will score a couple. We shouldn't get carried away with results like last Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This game is a distraction IMO if we come out of it with no injuries and no suspensions and a scoreline that is respectable e.g. 2-0 Celtic then I'm okay with that. I am never confident away to either OF. Don't forget Hamilton created a lot of chances at the weekend, and if Celtic create as many then they will score a couple. We shouldn't get carried away with results like last Saturday.
    There's no chance of you getting carried away is there? Why dont we just give Celtic the points and not bother turning up, it would save us all a wasted trip huh?

There is always a chance of a result, regardless of form,
    but I thought the first half at home against Dundee Utd 1-1
    was the best I have seen us play this year.... but did nae finish them off.... again

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    There's no chance of you getting carried away is there? Why dont we just give Celtic the points and not bother turning up, it would save us all a wasted trip huh?
    I c what u mean. Well to those who are going through I hope you see a Hibs win, just please don't expect one.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I can't see us getting anything tonight.

We haven't beaten anyone in the top 5 yet, even at home, so I don't see how people can be confident about winning in Glasgow.

I'd take a draw now, but I can't see it.

I'll take Toaods out for an evening on the batter if we win 6 - 0 though.

My feelings.

Whenever we get this feeling that 'tonight's the night - we can take them this time' we end up getting thumped.

Seen it, done it, ever so often before.

Happy with a draw - but really not expecting anything other than a defeat. 2-0, maybe 3-1 Celtic.

Hope it's not any worse.

I`d love to be optimistic about our chances especially with our attacking options but for one reason or another the defence has been very poor from the Aberdeen away game to the present.
    The constant comings and goings at Celtic might be advantageous to us and the fact that we have a very good keeper might be valuable, i think a draw at best but fear a 2 or 3 goal defeat.

I haven't seen a game this season where the eleven on the pitch have all played their hearts out for the whole match.

Until that happens we can't expect to take on the OF and beat them on their own patch

Left by mutual consent!
    Celtis defence is poor as is ours at times, IMO we have better strikers therefore 9/1 for Stokes, Hibs 8/1 at Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It's funny, these should be our biggest games but I rarely have much interest in OF away matches, I just sort of write them off.
    Exactamundo

Pleased this is on a Wednesday as away to the OF usually just feels like a wasted Saturday, give them a game and get beat is the usual script. Once in a blue moon we scrape a point, in an even bluer moon we win the game.

Real do indeed have a chance, but do Hibs?

I think so, but not a great one.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7
    aw,the negativity on this forum never ceases to amuse me.good job the minority making the parkhead trip and paying £29 to do so have a bit more positivity.also a good job that the players don't share your outlook or we'd have an 8-0 thrashing on our hands.

While lots of teams have proven themselves capable of stifling Celtic and snatching points there this season, I have a feeling we're not exactly the team to do it. Where a Falkirk, Hearts or even Dundee United would be inclined to frustrate as much as possible, our inevitable attacking instincts are possibly to our disadvantage. Still, no reason why we can't make it difficult for their defence, whatever it consists of.

Celtic 3-1 (or 2) Hibs

Richie White Is this Dicky that went to Gillespies??

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magnificent_seven View Post
    aw,the negativity on this forum never ceases to amuse me.good job the minority making the parkhead trip and paying £29 to do so have a bit more positivity.also a good job that the players don't share your outlook or we'd have an 8-0 thrashing on our hands.
    Totally. Everyone goes on about a lack of fight within the team.

What would we think if players were posting this sort of nonsense on
    the board (i.e. - will be OK if I don't pick up an injury and we get away
    with a respectable defeat').

Not to worry, Yogi will have them up for it up.

On a positive note 1v3 Hibs.

Mibbe a rush of blood to the brain but I think a high scoring game 3-2 either way.

Blog Entries
    IF we were to beat Celtic tonight....how loud would the clamour against TM get

I noticed they (Celtic) were trying to entice the filling of empty seats with a buy tickets for games with us and Hearts....get a free tour of paradise deal

Crowd tonight ? 42,345

Plastic Paddies, Plastic Seats...your football teams a load of sheeeeet (to we are the mental hibees)
    Last edited by down-the-slope; 27-01-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 49years a Hibee View Post
    I haven't seen a game this season where the eleven on the pitch have all played their hearts out for the whole match.

Until that happens we can't expect to take on the OF and beat them on their own patch

Here here - although I'd love to be wrong

Sorry but 2 - 1 defeat tonight. They will be up after their recent victory in Perth and will come out with all guns blazing. I would love us to get something but cannot really see it.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Hibs to win 0-3

2 goals in the first half and 1 in the second.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Left by mutual consent!
    Every chance to beat Celtic, nothing to fear at all there. We will create some chances and I think will finish them, Im sure they will too though. Get that first goal and it will be a game.

I dont think Celtic have the papers if we take them on.

Difficult to predict as Hughes will set the team up differently.There's no way we'll go with 3 at the back like we did against Hamilton or McGeady will run riot.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 49years a Hibee View Post

Maybe you will see it tonight.

Celtic are going into this with a new central defence, aren't they?

We'll make chances and probably take some too.

Nowt to fear.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Celtic are going into this with a new central defence, aren't they?

We'll make chances and probably take some too.

Nowt to fear.
    There back four will probaly be Hinkel Thomson O'Dea Naylor, not the best four, a chance for Hibs to take something from this game hopefully.

Of course we have a chance, these days you always do against the OF whether at home or away.

That said Celtc are still not a bad side contrary to what many would have you believe and they will create chances. We need our back 4 and goalkeeper to stand tall, we need McBride to protect them well to allow Miller to play. And we need our strikers to take any chances we get, if we do all that then you never know.

Personally i see a narrow defeat probably 2-1 maybe 3-1 if we go chasing the game late on. I still see no reason for the absurd negativity from some though as we have proved at Ibrox earlier in the season we can go away and match the OF.