hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Improving the atmosphere - Update

Firstly, thanks for all your suggestions on the 'How do we improve the atmosphere at ER' thread

I've finally got round to reading everything and one suggestion in particular stood out, that of having a flag day (from 'HFC 1875'). There was also mention of supporters trying to brighten up the occasion by wearing more green clothing, a bit like the Dutch fans do with their 'everything Orange'.

So, how about we took this on board and agreed for as many of us as possible to wear something green; tops, jumpers, jackets, anything (I know, but you'd be suprised how little do). Also, there must be thousands of us who've bought flags at Hampden for Finals & Semi Finals. How about getting them, as well as the larger flags if possible, out of your cupboards and along to ER.

If we could all agree to try this out in one particular home game. I'd like it if it wasn't some half-hearted affair but that everybody got the chance to spread the word, so maybe this Saturday is too soon but the next home game could be ideal.

So, who's all up for naming the home game against St Mirren on 30th January as Green Day?*

* Apologies to the group of the same name

2. Log in to remove the advert

Are the Polis kool about fans taking sticks/canes in for their flags?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The polis arenae even cool about letting people into fitba games.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

They were OK about it two weeks ago when the Irvine Meadow fans did, so I can't see that being a problem.

Thumbs Up

Great idea get this to as many people as you. And on the bounce!

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Firstly, thanks for all your suggestions on the 'How do we improve the atmosphere at ER' thread

I've finally got round to reading everything and one suggestion in particular stood out, that of having a flag day (from 'HFC 1875'). There was also mention of supporters trying to brighten up the occasion by wearing more green clothing, a bit like the Dutch fans do with their 'everything Orange'.

So, how about we took this on board and agreed for as many of us as possible to wear something green; tops, jumpers, jackets, anything (I know, but you'd be suprised how little do). Also, there must be thousands of us who've bought flags at Hampden for Finals & Semi Finals. How about getting them, as well as the larger flags if possible, out of your cupboards and along to ER.

If we could all agree to try this out in one particular home game. I'd like it if it wasn't some half-hearted affair but that everybody got the chance to spread the word, so maybe this Saturday is too soon but the next home game could be ideal.

So, who's all up for naming the home game against St Mirren on 30th January as Green Day?*

Why cant we have this on saturday...? i'd be up for it though

Testimonial Due
    A good idea but much more chance of it happening for a bigger game (derby at Tynecastle for example).....and maybe it'd work better when weather has improved and folk have discarded their non green winter jackets

cheap tshirts are easy for folk to buy as shown in this derby game this season
    http://www.ultras-frankfurt.de/index...tag=1.%20Runde

Under 4quid for these flags http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Green-White-Ch...item58859a8818

Alternatively!!!!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Union-Jack-Gre...item1c0f23f89f

Flags at villa game looked smart does anyone know a shop who sell small flags so we could all wave them around? Anyone agree?

We've seen tens of thousands of flags waved at organised "flag days" at Ibrox etc........but I just know when my laddie is Qing up outside ER some jobsworth steward is going to insist he removes the cane from his flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Zouma7 View Post
    Flags at villa game looked smart does anyone know a shop who sell small flags so we could all wave them around? Anyone agree?
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Seanduff View Post
    Yup
    Make loads of noise also

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Sounds good I hope it everyone tries to take part

I will

Quote Originally Posted by Zouma7 View Post
    Make loads of noise also
    A very sparse thing found upon the terraces nowadays

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar
    We've seen tens of thousands of flags waved at organised "flag days" at Ibrox etc........but I just know when my laddie is Qing up outside ER some jobsworth steward is going to insist he removes the cane from his flag.
    They wont. Normal wee bits of cane for flags are permitted in the ground. Big slabs of wood or metal poles would be a different story, but stewards wont be a problem for reasonable flag sticks.

Why cant we have this on saturday...? i'd be up for it though

I know, I thought about that but felt maybe we should take more time to pass the word on, so it was done properly.

Maybe if someone has contacts at the club they could pass this idea on to them, that could help spread the word

Here's another thought - tie the stadium announcer up so we don't have to suffer stupid music at half time. Let the fans make their own noise
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Here's another thought - tie the stadium announcer up so we don't have to suffer stupid music at half time. Let the fans make their own noise

And in many cases we wouldn't unless we're beating hearts celtic or rangers ??

I know, I thought about that but felt maybe we should take more time to pass the word on, so it was done properly.

Maybe if someone has contacts at the club they could pass this idea on to them, that could help spread the word

Then if they did, send out a newsletter to ST holders and hibs kids?

And in many cases we wouldn't unless we're beating herats celtic or rangers ??
    Old duffer alert. When ah were a lad we sang regardless of the score. It was part of the day out. You young whippersnappers need to take a leaf out of our book
    This is how it feels

Old duffer alert. When ah were a lad we sang regardless of the score. It was part of the day out. You young whippersnappers need to take a leaf out of our book
    Sadly I think it's true, though.

I've seen your suggestion made by numerous people on numerous occasions on here in recent times and I really think that, unless it was a derby or maybe against Rangers and Celtic, if there was no music being played, the only noise you would hear would be of people talking.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Sadly I think it's true, though.

I've seen your suggestion made by numerous people on numerous occasions on here in recent times and I really think that, unless it was a derby or maybe against Rangers and Celtic, if there was no music being played, the only noise you would hear would be of people talking.
    I'm not so sure FH. To me it's a modern day development. Fans don't bother singing because there's music playing. Also, if we are losing and visiting fans are singing I can't see the East Stand just sitting there doing nothing in response. After all, that's where all the atmosphere is apparently
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Sounds good

I'll bring the Tri-Colour

First Team Breakthrough Hibee_Rab's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rabferg

Yes, definitely do it! Would be great for the atmosphere and this is the first game I'll be in Edinburgh for since the Hearts match.

@hibs.net private member
    The CG are trying to get going again and thought of something similar.

I have posted this thread over on the Bounce - hope this is a go'er. Asked for both of the large Bouncer flags to be in attendance too. :notworthy:

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    glad this is taking shape.
    I had mentioned to the current hibs.net flag owner that i would be happy to take the burden off his back and take it to ER for the games.
    This huge shirt coupled with the two Bounce flags would be great to see kicking around the stadium!!
    Hibernian Football Club

Now Keekaboo

Tell me how we can get the backing of the club and supporters branches to make this as official as the Hibees Reunited campaign?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    If that does not work John, we could maybe get someone to take him round the back of the stand, and well you know the rest.

Totally agree about the stadium announcer though I have heard worse at other grounds, at least we do not have to suffer background music when we score.

And in many cases we wouldn't unless we're beating hearts celtic or rangers ??
    Would prefer noise of fans talking to music if it comes down to that.