• Aye

23 21.10%
  • Naw

86 78.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Liverpool

Who hinks they will get 4th place this season? will the big 4 be broken this season? i think Man city will take 4th place, i dont even think Liverpool will take 5th place as Spurs will get that IMO.

Nae Gerrard for a few weeks, Nae Torres for 6 weeks, the 2 players that are the heartbeat of the team, Rafa's statement that he will 'gaurentee' Liverpool finish in the top 4 might come back to bite him on the erchie

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who hinks they will get 4th place this season? will the big 4 be broken this season? i think Man city will take 4th place, i dont even think Liverpool will take 5th place as Spurs will get that IMO.

Nae Gerrard for a few weeks, Nae Torres for 6 weeks, the 2 players that are the heartbeat of the team, Rafa's statement that he will 'gaurentee' Liverpool finish in the top 4 might come back to bite him on the erchie
    I think they will be 5th as like you think Man City will take 4th. Quite impressed with Mancini and the way he goes about things. Liverpool have IMO a lot of dross in their squad or Rafa isnt getting the best out of them. He is a very talented tactician however far too negative in alot of games. Hope Man City get 4th.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Liverpool are really poor this season. I think if Benitez gets sacked, then Torres will ask to leave aswell. I think Tottenham or Man City will get 4th this season.

@hibs.net private member
    I think they will get 4th place in the end. They have been shocking for most of the season and are still only four points behind. The other teams have failed to take advantage and I still think Liverpool might hit a wee run of wins.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Unfortunately not.

The americans need to sell up to someone who wants to actually take the club forward and build on the fantastic brand that the club has. Hopefully that would also result in Benitez getting his marching orders. The usueless bass that he is.

There is absolutely no chance of Liverpool making the top four this season.

There's no chance unless someone sends Raffa on a trip for a long stand, bolts the city gates and keeps the wee radge oot harms way beside Blobby with his Odeon entertainment views.

We also need Torres and Gerrard as you note; this will not be happening in the immediate short term thus, we are ****ed.

That's reality son. Nae bull****. This season is over for Liverpool, even if they do end up doing "something" in the Uefa Cup (even that, is unlikely) (and yes pedants, I know its not the Uefa Cup any mair...)

P.S. I'd still rather follow the Anfield Reds and be utter ***** than glory hunt the Manchester or London muppets that so many have followed "all their lives" roughly translated as "when they started winning...." . It's kinda like following Hibs at times, it's not easy but it's the right thing to dae.

ENDOF

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Aston Villa, Man City and Spurs will all finish above Liverpool this season.

Possibly Birmingham City too, if they can keep up their recent momentum.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    I don't think they will but reckon they will still be up there. In crisis now and still only 4 points adrift.

Would be nice to see Villa or Spurs get it. Reckon it will be city though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post

Never mind the top four, unless Torres and Gerrard are available for the vast majority of their games between now and the end of the season, Liverpool will be lucky to finish in the top half of the league.

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    does anyone think that a comfortable win for Spurs on wednesday will see the end of Rafa?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    City aren't a shoo-in for 4th either mind, they were terrible against Everton. They're still very beatable.

Spurs for 4th it is then who were unlucky to not comfortably beat Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by hwuhibby View Post
    does anyone think that a comfortable win for Spurs on wednesday will see the end of Rafa?
    I don't know but for the first time ever, I'd take a defeat if it meant that wee scrote was booted right oot the door faster than you can say "The Odeon's that way wee man, nae entertainment here"

Left by mutual consent!
    Liverpool are *****.

Whilst Benitez has made a few cracking signings he's wasted millions and not delivered the league which is all the fans really want.

Why anyone would spend 20 million on an injured, unproven EPL player to be the mainstay in their side after losing someone of Alonso's quality, I have no idea.

IMO Torres is now their most important player ahead of Gerrard. When both of them are out they're crap. Their desperation to keep Torres in the side in spite of injuries is pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if Benitez could be damaging Torres' career to save his own.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    I don't know but for the first time ever, I'd take a defeat if it meant that wee scrote was booted right oot the door faster than you can say "The Odeon's that way wee man, nae entertainment here"

Get him tae ******.

There's no chance unless someone sends Raffa on a trip for a long stand, bolts the city gates and keeps the wee radge oot harms way beside Blobby with his Odeon entertainment views.

We also need Torres and Gerrard as you note; this will not be happening in the immediate short term thus, we are ****ed.

That's reality son. Nae bull****. This season is over for Liverpool, even if they do end up doing "something" in the Uefa Cup (even that, is unlikely) (and yes pedants, I know its not the Uefa Cup any mair...)

P.S. I'd still rather follow the Anfield Reds and be utter ***** than glory hunt the Manchester or London muppets that so many have followed "all their lives" roughly translated as "when they started winning...." :greengrin . It's kinda like following Hibs at times, it's not easy but it's the right thing to dae.

ENDOF
    So BM, I take that you, as an Edinburgh man, started 'following' Liverpool Football Club when they were unsuccessful and winning nothing, but were attracted to the club purely by the nice red strips and the off-beat self-deprecating gritty humour of the scouser?

Left by mutual consent!
    If rafa aint the man then who is..klinnsman?
    if rafa leaves..real madrid will take him,so will juventus,is he that bad then?
    he'e been left to run riot at that club for too long

Stevie G now aint happy seemingly so his days are marked!

Left by mutual consent!
    If rafa aint the man then who is..klinnsman?
    if rafa leaves..real madrid will take him,so will juventus,is he that bad then?
    he'e been left to run riot at that club for too long

Stevie G now aint happy seemingly so his days are marked!

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    Liverpool are *****.

Whilst Benitez has made a few cracking signings he's wasted millions and not delivered the league which is all the fans really want.

Why anyone would spend 20 million on an injured, unproven EPL player to be the mainstay in their side after losing someone of Alonso's quality, I have no idea.

IMO Torres is now their most important player ahead of Gerrard. When both of them are out they're crap. Their desperation to keep Torres in the side in spite of injuries is pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if Benitez could be damaging Torres' career to save his own.
    i reckon he has only made 2 cracking signings, Torres & Alonso...then he let Alonso go.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hwuhibby View Post
    i reckon he has only made 2 cracking signings, Torres & Alonso...then he let Alonso go.

I think Kuyt has been a cracking signing for him. I liked the look of Riera (sp), is he still there?

Mascherano was a good signing but not as good as Alonso. Benitez ****ed himself with Alonso by trying to offload him and then when he needed him he pissed off to Real. He probably would have left regardless of that though. Who wouldn't leave them for Real!

First Team Breakthrough persevere1875's Avatar
    My mates a Liverpool season ticket holder, he's already paid up on our bet of Arsenal finishing above Lpool and he's tearing his hair out at the dross their serving up at the moment, spoke to him Saturday after the game and he said its the first time he can honestly say the majority of liverpool supporters at the match were saying they'd lost patience with Rafa and it was time for him to go, If Rafa honestly believes he's got the backing of 75% of the pool support he's got another thing coming..

P.S. I'd still rather follow the Anfield Reds and be utter ***** than glory hunt the Manchester or London muppets that so many have followed "all their lives" roughly translated as "when they started winning...." . It's kinda like following Hibs at times, it's not easy but it's the right thing to dae.

You must have a long journey up to watch Hibs every other week, fair play.

I would assume it costs a lot of money, but considering you seem to be saying you're a scouser I'm guessing you steal the petrol.

No they won't all finish above Liverpool, especially the bit about Birmingham City, people always jump to conclusions about the rest of the season going on current form too quickly.

Arsenal
    Manchester United
    Chelsea
    Manchester City

Liverpool
    Tottenham
    Aston Villa

I'm enjoying the Premiership this year, because there's lots of good teams but no stand-outs.

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar

Almost word for word what I was going to post.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory89 View Post
    No they won't all finish above Liverpool, especially the bit about Birmingham City, people always jump to conclusions about the rest of the season going on current form too quickly.

Arsenal
    Manchester United
    Chelsea
    Manchester City

Liverpool
    Tottenham
    Aston Villa

I'm enjoying the Premiership this year, because there's lots of good teams but no stand-outs.
    Evidently your ability to read the English language is lacking, so I'll emphasise a few words to make it clearer for you:

"POSSIBLY Birmingham City IF they can keep up their current momentum"

I've seen nothing to suggest Liverpool are capable of finishing above Spurs or Aston Villa - they're a 2 man team, and at the moment, those 2 players are absent, and prone to further absences as the season goes on.

You're right with one thing in your post mind you - it's too early to try and definitively state either way.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Spurs will get 4th

Evidently your ability to read the English language is lacking, so I'll emphasise a few words to make it clearer for you:

"POSSIBLY Birmingham City IF they can keep up their current momentum"

I've seen nothing to suggest Liverpool are capable of finishing above Spurs or Aston Villa - they're a 2 man team, and at the moment, those 2 players are absent, and prone to further absences as the season goes on.

You're right with one thing in your post mind you - it's too early to try and definitively state either way.
    Oh dear, don't be like that love, I read your post clearly and stand by my point.

"Possibly". No, imo there is no possibility of Birmingham City finishing higher than Liverpool. Unless "they can keep up their current momentum", but clearly they won't. Birmingham may play well and take a respectable amount of points during the rest of the season but a side like them won't have it in them to finish higher than Liverpool, who will at some point go on a decent run imo.

Liverpool are absolute *****, but they are absolute ***** by the standards of a team who fancied themselves for the title at the start of the season. Birmingham City are a very good side, but they're a very good side by the standards of a team who fancied themselves for 17th at the start of the season.

No chance i think spurs will get it but hope villa do as im a gunner.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory89 View Post
    Oh dear, don't be like that love, I read your post clearly and stand by my point.

"Possibly". No, imo there is no possibility of Birmingham City finishing higher than Liverpool. Unless "they can keep up their current momentum", but clearly they won't. Birmingham may play well and take a respectable amount of points during the rest of the season but a side like them won't have it in them to finish higher than Liverpool, who will at some point go on a decent run imo.

Liverpool are absolute *****, but they are absolute ***** by the standards of a team who fancied themselves for the title at the start of the season. Birmingham City are a very good side, but they're a very good side by the standards of a team who fancied themselves for 17th at the start of the season.
    I quite like reading your posts but this is just a load of *****. How can you say there is no possibility of Birmingham finishing above Liverpool? That's your opinion but you're stating it as fact here.

Liverpool aren't the same side as they were last year, that is evident through player changes and terrible results.

I'm guessing 12 games ago there would have been no possibility of Birmingham being in the position they are now due to their poor start to the season.

Whilst I agree that it's difficult to maintain that form no one knows til the end of the season.

First Team Regular
    Liverpool have been very poor but I think it's a bit early to be writing them off. I think they will still be there or thereabouts for the top 4, but if I had to bet on it then I think Man City under Mancini might just have enough in their locker to edge them out - so City fourth and Liverpool fifth for me.

Think the scousers will struggle to claim 4th spot especially with the "big" players that they have out injured. Can see Torres wanting away soon and Liverpool cashing in on Gerrard while they can. The next couple/few seasons could be extremely difficult for them on and off the field.

The last champions league spot should be between Villa, Spurs and Man City. Hard to call but I hope it's not Man City.

To summarise - NAW.