hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

If Pars are binned for mistakes surely Arabs should be too?

I was intrigued listening to Kenny Clark yesterday on sportscene as he got stuck into the SFA for the way they handled the Pars cup debacle.

I thought he made some very interesting points, that many would now think there has been a miscarriage of justice. (myself included)

At the time I thought that (as many did) the rules are the rules, but now the dust has settled I'm not so sure. KC also touched on the fact that Dundee United's dodgy Argentinian who clearly CHEATED has gone unpunished He also claims that team sheets are altered all the time. (interesting point)

The SFA are going on about the integrity of the competition. I'm obviously missing something, I'm not so sure this is cut' n dry at the moment.
    (can anybody say if The Pars are appealing?, can't see it anywhere)

Tam Cowan gets is 2p worth in his column today, stating that if it were the uglies who had committed the crime would they also have been shown the door? (I also think not) and by all accounts I don't think this will go away anytime soon.

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/tamco...-+Tam+Cowan%29

2. Log in to remove the advert

I seem to remember the Huns giving Bonny Ginsburg his debut in a league cup tie before his registration had gone through. They were only given a small fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I seem to remember the Huns giving Bonny Ginsburg his debut in a league cup tie before his registration had gone through. They were only given a small fine.

I seem to recall that vaguely My memory is not what it was

I do recall hit first game at ER tho..

Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    I seem to recall that vaguely My memory is not what it was

I do recall hit first game at ER tho..
    Was that 2-0, Houchen and Weir?

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkHibee View Post
    Was that 2-0, Houchen and Weir?
    It certainly was on a glorious sunny afternoon...

Don't recall Clark reinterpreting any rules when he reffed.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Don't recall Clark reinterpreting any rules when he reffed.

When you see what we have got now I'll take him any day.

He had his moments like any Ref, but better the devil you know
    I say.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

I was intrigued listening to Kenny Clark yesterday on sportscene as he got stuck into the SFA for the way they handled the Pars cup debacle.

I thought he made some very interesting points, that many would now think there has been a miscarriage of justice. (myself included)

At the time I thought that (as many did) the rules are the rules, but now the dust has settled I'm not so sure. KC also touched on the fact that Dundee United's dodgy Argentinian who clearly CHEATED has gone unpunished He also claims that team sheets are altered all the time. (interesting point)

The SFA are going on about the integrity of the competition. I'm obviously missing something, I'm not so sure this is cut' n dry at the moment.

Tam Cowan gets is 2p worth in his column today, stating that if it were the uglies who had committed the crime would they also have been shown the door? (I also think not) and by all accounts I don't think this will go away anytime soon.

I don't see it ever being an issue for either Rangers or Celtic because the news hacks are so obssessed to get the papers full of OF stories that it would have already been discussed. By that I mean if Woods had played for either of the OF, there would have been spurious press conference questions about if it would have weakened the team and failing that there would have been a token " My Cup heartbreak"article about him not getting to play.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 666

How can he compare Dunfermline fielding an ineligible player with a player sticking his hand out to score a goal? From your thread heading are you saying Dundee United should be thrown out of the competition for that? What a load of pish.

I think this thread is pretty ludicrous, tbh.

(can anybody say if The Pars are appealing?
    I would have said 'nauseating' would be a better word!

Boom, boom.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabHibee View Post
    How can he compare Dunfermline fielding an ineligible player with a player sticking his hand out to score a goal? From your thread heading are you saying Dundee United should be thrown out of the competition for that? What a load of pish.
    Don't shoot the messenger

He (KC) touched on the integrity of the competition and from a legal point of view. In both cases, it's CHEATING and in a court of law, he has a very good point IMHO.

He also stated that he would argue Pars case until he was blue in the face.

So no, it's not Pish as you so delicately put it.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    I would have said 'nauseating' would be a better word!

Boom, boom.

will they appeal then?

The thread heading has a question mark, not my heading Tam Cowan.

Dunf played someone who had been suspended.

They did not have the required number of under 21's on their team list. And they altered their team list less than an hour before kick-off.

Call it crass stupidity, an oversight, or plain ignorance, they broke the rules which are applicable to all teams. If the SFA don't apply those rules, what is the point in suspending someone?

What is the point in having a team list if whose on that list is neither here nor there.

Think of it like this. Your team is in the semi-final of the Scottish cup. The oppositions star striker is suspended for that game.

They go ahead and play him anyway, thinking any fine will be more than covered should they go through to the final.

Do we just ignore it because a ref in another game failed to spot a handball which led to a goal?

Not a big fan of the SFA but on this occasion they have got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by stubru59 View Post
    Dunf played someone who had been suspended.

They did not have the required number of under 21's on their team list. And they altered their team list less than an hour before kick-off.

Call it crass stupidity, an oversight, or plain ignorance, they broke the rules which are applicable to all teams. If the SFA don't apply those rules, what is the point in suspending someone?

What is the point in having a team list if whose on that list is neither here nor there.

Think of it like this
    . Your team is in the semi-final of the Scottish cup. The oppositions star striker is suspended for that game.

They go ahead and play him anyway, thinking any fine will be more than covered should they go through to the final.

Do we just ignore it because a ref in another game failed to spot a handball which led to a goal?

Not a big fan of the SFA but on this occasion they have got it right.

Or this, winning 4-0 make a sub.
    The sub has little, if any influence on the final out come In fact he has a hand in conceding the consolation goal.

What KC was hitting at was the fact the punishment didn't fit the crime.

Sledgehammer / Walnut.

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Agree there is no way on earth either of Old Firm would face such punishments if it happened to them. Imagine one of the 'great' old firm clubs not being allowed into the next round of the showpiece cup. In addition, there is also no way I think that would happen cause of a) the media and b) old firm have so many more folk involved in club im sure and pars have prob been found to to be a bit amateurish here!

I do think it is very excessive punishment on Pars and a replay should have been called for. I bet some of the other minor team sheets offences do happen more often and are just waved away. Think the SFA just want to be seen to make an example of them.

Will be curious to see if they get anywhere with their appeal...

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Exactly, next he will be saying Maraddona's goal should never have been allowed.

@hibs.net private member
    The Pars are unquestionably guilty as charged of breaking the rules - the fact appears to be though, that this is down to gross incompetence in their management set-up as opposed to any kind of intentional cheating.

The SFA's position appears to be dictated by precedent - their standard response to this kind of infraction in past Scottish Cups has been (as far as I know) to expel the guilty club from the competition. That being the case it's very hard to argue against their decision - even if it seems harsh, at least they're showing consistency in the application of the rules.

Clubs in future (just as Dunfermline should have this time round) will know exactly what to expect if they field an inelligable player.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I think this thread is pretty ludicrous, tbh.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Pars were binned because they fielded an unregistered player.

A Dundee Utd player scores with a handball and they should be binned too? Nahh