hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Faxed Back to Kaunas

Face it folks, we are garbage!

I asked after my first game in two years last week whether Hibs really are as painful to watch every week. I got my answer today. How on earth we stayed in third place for so long is beyond me after watching that lot. Not a spark of creativity or passion among them. I can only assume that Scottish football is at its lowest ever ebb or that our pre-Christmas results were a flash in the pan as since then we have:

Been hammered by the huns
    Played dismally against an equally dismal Hearts side
    Toiled against a Junior side
    Failed to show up against a side who had seven put past them only a couple of weeks ago in a game that we knew had third place at stake

I'm flying back home in a couple of days thoroughly disheartened by the dismal fodder served up by Hibs in my time back in Edinburgh. On this evidence I can see us struggling to stay in the top six and I'm rather relieved to put a few thousand miles between me and Easter Road.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Alicky Ranks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I asked after my first game in two years last week whether Hibs really are as painful to watch every week. I got my answer today. How on earth we stayed in third place for so long is beyond me after watching that lot. Not a spark of creativity or passion among them. I can only assume that Scottish football is at its lowest ever ebb or that our pre-Christmas results were a flash in the pan as since then we have:

Failed to show up against a side who had seven put past them only a couple of weeks ago in a game that we knew had third place at stake

I'm flying back home in a couple of days thoroughly disheartened by the dismal fodder served up by Hibs in my time back in Edinburgh. On this evidence I can see us struggling to stay in the top six and I'm rather relieved to put a few thousand miles between me and Easter Road.
    Complete knee-jerk reaction. Two games this season (one a glorified friendly) and on the basis of that we're pish. Nonsense.

We're not as good the 12 match unbeaten run suggested but we will not "struggle to stay in the top 6."

I've not been to many games this season so I've tended not to form too many concrete opinions based on TV, Radio, Hibsnet coverage. Perhaps you should do the same.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by F'Res Hibbie View Post
    Complete knee-jerk reaction. Two games this season (one a glorified friendly) and on the basis of that we're pish. Nonsense.

We're not as good the 12 match unbeaten run suggested but we will not "struggle to stay in the top 6."

I've not been to many games this season so I've tended not to form too many concrete opinions based on TV, Radio, Hibsnet coverage. Perhaps you should do the same.
    I agree that you only really get the full picture by being at the games, but live TV games are a pretty accurate indicator of how a team is playing. I've watched a few of those this season and seen little to make me think this is a side going places. I'd love to be wrong, but I really think the standard of Scottish football is abysmal from the national team down, which is perhaps best illustrated by the fact the huns are running away with the league yet looked hopelessly out of their depth against mediocre European opposition.

I salute those who shell out to watch this standard of football week in week out. Me? I need a goodly dose of alcohol to drown out the memory of today's game. I'm in St Andrews for a Burns supper so that should provide the dosage required

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Jeez oh if you are calling us garbage now I'd hate to know what you were saying about us under Mixu!

We're not great but we are moving in the right direction - quicker at first than Hughes thought we would, so perhaps it's natural we take a step back a little before pushing on again.

Sorry Forres Hibbie, AR is quite correct. Best chance in years to do something. No wonder the weegie rags and everyone else laughs at farcical ****** that masquerades as Scottish footbal. We help to perpetuate the staus quo with our staggering incompetence and perceived lack of ambition, desire and will to win.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Certain players let us down again...one positive was Steven Thicot

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I agree that you only really get the full picture by being at the games, but live TV games are a pretty accurate indicator of how a team is playing. I've watched a few of those this season and seen little to make me think this is a side going places. I'd love to be wrong, but I really think the standard of Scottish football is abysmal from the national team down, which is perhaps best illustrated by the fact the huns are running away with the league yet looked hopelessly out of their depth against mediocre European opposition.

I salute those who shell out to watch this standard of football week in week out. Me? I need a goodly dose of alcohol to drown out the memory of today's game. I'm in St Andrews for a Burns supper so that should provide the dosage required
    Its on BBC Alba at 8 tonight. Maybe you should watch it and then reconsider your post?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    Sorry Forres Hibbie, AR is quite correct. Best chance in years to do something. No wonder the weegie rags and everyone else laughs at farcical ****** that masquerades as Scottish footbal. We help to perpetuate the staus quo with our staggering incompetence and perceived lack of ambition, desire and will to win.
    How the hell is it the best chance in years to do something?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    How the hell is it the best chance in years to do something?
    Because we have better players than in previous years, Rankgers and Smelltic and the usual also rans are not great and in John Hughes we have an excellent manager and man manager and coz I said so,

Because we have better players than in previous years, Rankgers and Smelltic and the usual also rans are not great and in John Hughes we have an excellent manager and man manager and coz I said so,
    Do you think a team with Hanlon/Hogg/Nish/Rankin/Cregg would win the league?

Blog Entries
    I think 'garbage' is a bit strong. We are a mediocre/average side which has over-achieved for the first part of the season. We are being found out now in games where it really matters and we are falling/about to fall back into the position we all deep down expected to be in come May. On the other hand, the Jambos and D Utd. are getting over their poor spells and are on the way up. I think D Utd will stay there now unless the Jambos can keep their momentum going after the split. A fifth or sixth place for us won't be garbage it will just be 'not very good'.

Was at Tynecastle this afternoon. Absolutely classic example of how to wring the best out of a very mediocre (Stewart aside) set of players.

Also a superb illustration of how to keep a one goal lead and grab the points.

It's absolute murder to watch, but it's proving effective of late. I think the brokeback concensus is that Laszlo must go but he's the best they've had since Levein.

Not knee jerk at all, we have been crap all season bar a couple of games.......

We are most certainly fortunate to be so high up the table....

Quote Originally Posted by Delabooze View Post
    Not knee jerk at all, we have been crap all season bar a couple of games.......

We are most certainly fortunate to be so high up the table....
    Have the other teams been unfortunate to be so low down the table?

Have the other teams been unfortunate to be so low down the table?
    I only watch Hibs, so could not comment on other teams, week in week out.....

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Left by mutual consent!

We never turned up for the first half bud, however when Yogi changed it for the second, we were better. Never got the rub of the green today, but United just about deserved their 1 goal victory.

The far side linesman was a homer too

Perhaps they are saying the same, and league positions are about right. Every team will win a few, draw a few, and lose a few. We are doing ok on that score. And concidering how bad we were when Yogi took over, i'd say we are making good progress. Yes we are having a dip in results at the moment, but all teams have that. I'm sure like me, you hope that ends pretty quickly.

Perhaps they are saying the same, and league positions are about right. Every team will win a few, draw a few, and lose a few. We are doing ok on that score. And concidering how bad we were when Yogi took over, i'd say we are making good progress. Yes we are having a dip in results at the moment, but all teams have that. I'm sure like me, you hope that ends pretty quickly.
    Indeed, but whilst we have improved on last season, I still feel there is a lot more to come from the team..... Too many players not playing for the team at the moment.....

I wish Yogi would stop trying to accomodate certain individuals, and get the right balance.....

Do you think a team with Hanlon/Hogg/Nish/Rankin/Cregg would win the league?
    These guys are no worse than Broadfoot, Smith, Naylor, McManus, Caldwell, Samaras, Lafferty, Crossas, Wilson, McCourt, Mizuno, Rothen, Edu and Beasley and the ugly sisters expect and in all cases except for a couple since I started watching football do win the leadue with ****** sometimes worse than this.

I also expect to win every game we play and win every competition we enter.

Indeed, but whilst we have improved on last season, I still feel there is a lot more to come from the team..... Too many players not playing for the team at the moment.....

I wish Yogi would stop trying to accomodate certain individuals, and get the right balance.....
    We need to replace both full backs, Hogg, rankin, nish with better players. If we do that, and push wotherspoon into midfield alongside miller mcbride and zemamma, with bamba back in the centre of the defence. We'd piss 3rd with that, our quality forwards should not be playing most of the time in their own half, and better players further back would help this. Yogi knows whats needed, but can only sign players twice a year, he will get better in, we need to be patient.

These guys are no worse than Broadfoot, Smith, Naylor, McManus, Caldwell, Samaras, Lafferty, Crossas, Wilson, McCourt, Mizuno, Rothen, Edu and Beasley and the ugly sisters expect and in all cases except for a couple since I started watching football do win the leadue with ****** sometimes worse than this.

I also expect to win every game we play and win every competition we enter.
    How many of those start every week?

We need to replace both full backs, Hogg, rankin, nish with better players. If we do that, and push wotherspoon into midfield alongside miller mcbride and zemamma, with bamba back in the centre of the defence. We'd piss 3rd with that, our quality forwards should not be playing most of the time in their own half, and better players further back would help this. Yogi knows whats needed, but can only sign players twice a year, he will get better in, we need to be patient.
    Good post. I wasnt at the game today but some of the posts seem totally melodramatic.

Faxed Back to Kaunas

And by a 10-man Rangers side at that. We should have gone to Tannadice confident of proving we were third on merit. Instead? Well, we all know the script. Another letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    We never turned up for the first half bud, however when Yogi changed it for the second, we were better. Never got the rub of the green today, but United just about deserved their 1 goal victory.

Bang on there mate!

Faxed Back to Kaunas

You're not wrong there. I thought things were on the up a few years back, but Scottish football is the poorest it's been in all my years of watching it. Painfully sub-standard at times. I blame Romanov.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post

Sums it up for me. We were awful at times but the officials were horrific. The penalty was a shocker, but we possibly did enough in the 2nd half to get a pointl...BUT maybe not, as we hardly strung 3 passes together in the 1st half

I think like every supporter we expect defeats along the way and i can take them if we have put in a shift and it just got beat by a better side but it seems that we are incapable of rolling the sleeves up and digging in for ninety minutes. This is not a new thing and has failed to be addressed by Hibs managers down the years, it also seems to me that when we are bad we are the worst of the lot and when other teams are on a loosing run or if you have never scored for a year like Swanson yesterday then the Hibs are the team to play against.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHibs07 View Post
    Jeez oh if you are calling us garbage now I'd hate to know what you were saying about us under Mixu!

We're not great but we are moving in the right direction - quicker at first than Hughes thought we would, so perhaps it's natural we take a step back a little before pushing on again.
    You know what? From what I saw we were better under Mixu for certain spells. When he first arrived he dragged us from the bottom six to third place where we looked for a while like we might finish before a late-season slide. Last season was overall pretty grim, but after the split the games at ER against Celtic and Rangers and the win at Tynecastle were achieved through battling qualities utterly absent yesterday. I simply don't understand why it's so hard for players to get up for a game that could have put some daylight between us and the rest in third place. Instead we're suddenly down to fourth and, almost unbelievably, starting to look over our shoulders at the teams below that. Perish the thought we're bad enough to let Hearts catch us. Six points clear with a game in hand SHOULD be enough to keep them at bay but the way we've been playing you do wonder.

You know what? From what I saw we were better under Mixu for certain spells. When he first arrived he dragged us from the bottom six to third place where we looked for a while like we might finish before a late-season slide. Last season was overall pretty grim, but after the split the games at ER against Celtic and Rangers and the win at Tynecastle were achieved through battling qualities utterly absent yesterday. I simply don't understand why it's so hard for players to get up for a game that could have put some daylight between us and the rest in third place. Instead we're suddenly down to fourth and, almost unbelievably, starting to look over our shoulders at the teams below that. Perish the thought we're bad enough to let Hearts catch us. Six points clear with a game in hand SHOULD be enough to keep them at bay but the way we've been playing you do wonder.
    I think you have said in one sentence why a lot of the support are panicking. We should never have been as far as 15 points clear of hearts going by last seasons performances. Yet the new man came in, and turned the team around with some new players, and one kid from the 19s. We were always going to have a dip, FFS every team does, but a team like hibs, who had played way above what any of us expected, had picked up way more points than any of us expected, would always lose a few points. Expectations have risen, but the first time we drop from that far too high expectation, the fans are ripping into the players and the manager.