hibs.net Messageboard

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Hibs v Yams CIS 2007

My son's been watching the League Cup DVD all morning, so I've just sat through the 1-0 cup win over the Yams.

That game was one of the best Hibs performances I've ever seen. Looking back at it, the Yams never managed to string 3 passes together practically the whole match.

I remember the possession stat being 81% in our favour, and I think the 19% that the Yams had must have been mostly made up from the time the ball was with Gordon.

Absolutely terrific game, and if any of you have the DVD with twenty minutes or so to spare, I'd recommend watching it just to remind yourselves how good we really could be back then.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My son's been watching the League Cup DVD all morning, so I've just sat through the 1-0 cup win over the Yams.

That game was one of the best Hibs performances I've ever seen. Looking back at it, the Yams never managed to string 3 passes together practically the whole match.

I remember the possession stat being 81% in our favour, and I think the 19% that the Yams had must have been mostly made up from the time the ball was with Gordon.

Absolutely terrific game, and if any of you have the DVD with twenty minutes or so to spare, I'd recommend watching it just to remind yourselves how good we really could be back then.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir

The only dissapointment from it was that we never went on to give them a spanking. It was 1-0 going on 5.

That match and the 6-1 victory against Motherwell at Fir Park was as close as I have seen Hibs come to playing total football. For some people it was too easy to slate John Collins but I always thought that these two games as well as one at Ibrox and the CIS cup final exemplified where he wanted Hibs to get to. It is a great shame that for whatever reasons we did not see this type of performance from Hibs a lot more often as they had it more than in them to deliver on a regular basis.

First Team Regular aussie_hibee's Avatar
    funnily enough, i watched the dvd yesterday. Great memories and still a tear in the eye when s.o.l. comes on when they're interviewing murphy and benji

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Saw that game and the one we won by a larger margin in 1973, and imo the 2007 victory was the more comprehensive of the two.