hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

John Hughes tells Hibs players to shape up or ship out.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/150292-...re-from-hibs/?

Conjecture?

Who isn't turning up in training?

Who isn't trying hard enough in matches?

Who isn't part of Yogi's vision of hard work brings success?

Is Yogi hinting at January departures?!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Conjecture? who??

Who isn't turning up in training? bamba id imagine

Who isn't trying hard enough in matches? pretty much the whole team in the last few matches.

Who isn't part of Yogi's vision of hard work brings success? hopefully Nish & Rankin

Is Yogi hinting at January departures?!! and arrivals

I liked everything he said, which basically amounts to 'i wont tolerate second best'. So glad we've got him as our manager

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conjecture? who??

Who isn't turning up in training? bamba id imagine

Who isn't trying hard enough in matches? pretty much the whole team in the last few matches.

Who isn't part of Yogi's vision of hard work brings success? hopefully Nish & Rankin

Is Yogi hinting at January departures?!! and arrivals
    Hate to tell you this but Nish and rankin typify Yogi's vision for "hard work brings success". It's why they are in the team before more "gifted" players.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I liked everything he said, which basically amounts to 'i wont tolerate second best'. So glad we've got him as our manager
    i agree but he's certainly not perfect.

i think he needs to start mixing it up a bit to get the best out of our players.

i know we're 3rd and still in the cup but we havent been playing well at all.

just hope we dont slump in the 2nd half of the season.

@hibs.net private member
    The team have been poor the last few weeks, so Yogi is spot on to tell them to shape up.

I don't expect us to get anything on Saturday, but hopefully Yogi will have them fired up.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Hate to tell you this but Nish and rankin typify Yogi's vision for "hard work brings success". It's why they are in the team before more "gifted" players.
    hhhmmmm i see what your saying..... but can you really say rankin and nish are successful.

rankin is hard working pretty much every game with no real quality but nish only works hard sometimes with no real quality.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I think the few who haven't been pulling their weight on the park recently are blindingly obvious.

I'd IMAGINE that those are the same players who aren't turning up/taking the piss in training.

Perhaps slight mind games ahead of our biggest game of the season so far on Saturday?
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

rankin and nish might work hard in training but its not showing where it counts (in real games ) i think benji could be another one who is strugling.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I think Zemmama and Benji could be two he was referring to.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Can't disagree with anything Yogi's saying there. He should be demanding more from the players, and if there are some there that are not delivering then they have no place at the club.

Onwards and upwards!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 49years a Hibee View Post
    http://sport.stv.tv/football/150292-...re-from-hibs/?

Conjecture?

Who isn't turning up in training?

Who isn't trying hard enough in matches?

Who isn't part of Yogi's vision of hard work brings success?

Is Yogi hinting at January departures?!!
    He doesn't say people aren't turning up for training.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Exactly.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    No, he says IN training, which is similar to not turning up on the park.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

Sorry, but for me, Yogi is getting like a broken record. There is nothing in that article that is new. Nothing that we have not all heard before. While we all must share his desire to take the club to a new level and support him in that vision, the shape up or ship out cliche is exactly that. I would maintain that the only decision that he has taken this season that matches that rhetoric was when he dropped Hogg.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Sorry, but for me, Yogi is getting like a broken record. There is nothing in that article that is new. Nothing that we have not all heard before. While we all must share his desire to take the club to a new level and support him in that vision, the shape up or ship out cliche is exactly that. I would maintain that the only decision that he has taken this season that matches that rhetoric was when he dropped Hogg.
    Maybe just continuing to soften us up for a clearout of fans' favourites.

For me in the last few weeks its been Riordan and Zemmama that havent been pulling their weight on the park. (obviously cant comment on training!)

All the talk at the start of the season was how hard Deek is working these days both on the park and off it! That seems to be slipping a little of late.

As much as we need flair players in the team these 2 drift in and out of matches too much. I'd love to see Deek getting a chance up front with Stokes - coz there's no doubt about it, the fact that Stokesy is roaring ahead on the scoring front will be gettin to him!

As some one said in an earlier post - ability wise Nish and Rankin arent good enough but in terms of work ethic they cant be faulted!

Despite an impressive start to his managerial position at Hibs, Yogi won`t be complacent, he gave 100% as a player and he should expect nothing less from the present squad, players can easily get you the sack, there are numerous examples.

@hibs.net private member gogs_t's Avatar
    The thing is, if he thinks there are players not trying hard enough, why are they 1st choice. There are a few players warming the bench week in, week out who haven't really been given a chance.
    It's OK to stick with a winning team when they're playing well but recent performances have been poor and it's maybe time some others were given a chance.
    I'm not going to single out players who are in the starting line up as everybody has a different opinion but guy such as Cregg, Galbraith, Thicot and Stevenson must be wondering if they're going to get a chance.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Deeks isn't pulling his weight in Training and has been spoken to by Yogi about this. Sauce? YOGI!

Morning Ritchie, did Brad speak to you about buses for Dundee on Saturday?

Yup ! Can't disagree with what you write
    There are times when a manager would be better saying nowt and these times shuuld be chosen carefully .
    I.E McGhee , Gannon etc

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Delighted that JH is saying this when we are doing well results wise. Pitches arent great at this time of year as are training facilities though we are better placed than most in this regard. Isnt a time for great football rather getting the results which Rangers apart we are doing, big game this Saturday.

One thing about Hughes, he seems to be watching the same game as the fans.

And yes, he has said similar things before, but he has only two transfer windows in which to try and bring better players in.

Meantime, shipping out the dross is easier said than done.

We are capable of "turning up", but we need to bring consistency and application to the table too.

Some players cannot or will not deliver on this. Hughes, quite rightly, is laying out the consequences of not delivering.

Quote Originally Posted by ShanksSaidNo View Post
    For me in the last few weeks its been Riordan and Zemmama that havent been pulling their weight on the park. (obviously cant comment on training!)

All the talk at the start of the season was how hard Deek is working these days both on the park and off it! That seems to be slipping a little of late.

As much as we need flair players in the team these 2 drift in and out of matches too much. I'd love to see Deek getting a chance up front with Stokes - coz there's no doubt about it, the fact that Stokesy is roaring ahead on the scoring front will be gettin to him!

As some one said in an earlier post - ability wise Nish and Rankin arent good enough but in terms of work ethic they cant be faulted!
    Would that be any relation to the Riordan who laid on the equaliser against Hearts and was involved in all 3 goals againstIM?

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Totally agree.

He has to be seen to do something about it and now.

I have been bleating on for weeks about how lucky we have been with results compared to performance (and getting slammed for it). The last decent performance we had was against Well. Since then they have been mince. 1 loss in 14 might be seen as progress by some, but we have been rank and made rank teams look capable!

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    This Article is slightly miss-leading. If you watch the HI interview its taken from Yogi also compliments the players for the work they have been putting in thus far. He goes on to say that the bar will keep rising and its upto the players to keep up or they'll get left behind! I'd recommend watching the interview if you haven't already done so, great watch as usual!

Towards the end Cliff asks about transfers to which Yogi basically responds to by saying 'all these stories in the tabloids are stolen from these interviews anyway by the lazy journalists, so what will we make up this week'

I get the impression that the next few transfer windows are going to be busy with comings and goings, maybe only 1 or 2 leaving and coming in each window, until the overall quality of the squad as much higher than at present!

Certainly exciting times to be a Hibee!

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Would that be any relation to the Riordan who laid on the equaliser against Hearts and was involved in all 3 goals againstIM?
    No arguments there, and i will point out that im not here to bash Riordan at all. I was merely pointing out who i feel are the players who aren't quite working hard enough of late.
    Last edited by ShanksSaidNo; 14-01-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Probably. Its also in relation to the Riordan who currently canny beat a man, currently is easily dispossessed, currently takes all the danger free kicks like he’s forgotten how to. Currently he’s a shadow of what we know he can do.

I’ve got to say I think Deeks is going backwards in terms of contributing to the overall game plan. It might be he’s not suited to where he’s playing. It might be he’s now tried the chasing back and stuff and doesn’t fancy it much. It might be and it looks to me like he just canny be asred.

Whatever is wrong with him he needs to get it sorted if he wants to stay with his beloved Hibees. He’s beginning to look like what Benji did when realised Real Madrid weren’t going to come calling.
    Space to let

First Team Breakthrough cockneymike's Avatar
    Any thoughts on Riordan to the right, zemmama benched and galbraith in on the left? Keep the formation the same.

To be fair to the wee man he seems to have done jack the last few weeks, and Riordan coming in of the right wing to hit shots with his left peg, is almost as good as the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    1 loss in 14 might be seen as progress by some
    No 'might' about it, it is progress, dramatic progress. I remember the same complaints during Collins 10 match unbeaten run at the start of 2007 season. The team arent firing on all cylinders so Hughes is trying to give them a verbal kick. I really cant see what there is to complain about