hibs.net Messageboard

Footballs next star

Anyone watched this? it was on sky sports 1 where a group of young lads are trying out for inter and at the end of every week one gets eliminated.

Defo recommend it

Link here

2. Log in to remove the advert

i went for that 2 boys from about 100 got picked and they were different class! they got to go to england for another trial!

Quote Originally Posted by Landells View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone watched this? it was on sky sports 1 where a group of young lads are trying out for inter and at the end of every week one gets eliminated.

Defo recommend it

Link here
    It's nothing new. They do the same thing at Riccarton for the Yams and at the end of the week they all get eliminated.

I am in a Yam hating mood tonight.

Left by mutual consent!
    Someone told me a player that was released from St Johnstone is in the final ten. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1985 View Post
    Someone told me a player that was released from St Johnstone is in the final ten. Is that right?
    not sure there was boys from rangers, motherwell, st.mirren and that at the toryglen trial, alot of them didnt even get to the final 20 of that. and a few from your average boys clubs got through.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Brien[11] View Post
    not sure there was boys from rangers, motherwell, st.mirren and that at the toryglen trial, alot of them didnt even get to the final 20 of that. and a few from your average boys clubs got through.
    I looked on the site but it just has pictures with no info.

A guy at work was telling me and a St Johnstone fan so I don't know if it's true but he said they released him because they couldn't afford to offer him a new contract even though they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Landells View Post

Defo recommend it

Link here
    Managed to catch the last couple of episodes and it's a good watch. What is surprising is that its so easy to see the ones who will fall by the wayside early because they're more interested in arsing about despite having great talent. Couple of them look seriously good prospects.

Mind you, all depends how they get developed and coached. Remember our great Scottish youth side? About 2 of them made it to any reasonable level [Dickov was one] but about half of them became postmen from memory...

Coaching Staff
    There a Scottish left back still in it. The left winger ben looks a right player.

only seen tv ad's bout this and well from memory didn't chelsea do soemthing like this a few years ago?

Would it not be a good idea to watch the programme and see whos in the top 5 say,and i assume there is only 1 winner, then the 4 remaining lads get them to east mains for a trail or something?

Been watching it with my boys. Some good players. Think it will be between the wide left mid, the center back with the afro and maybe the CF who certainly seems to have 'the knack.'
    I swear it was John Rankins wee bro that got emptied first.