hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Settle an argument

Hi,

I'm just looking for further back up with regards to an argument I'm having with the other office Hibby about our 3rd strip. Which for anyone else having difficulties recalling is the limited edition black one we wore against Hamilton - and will probably never see the light of day again on the back of that result.
    Despite showing him the pic of Deek wearing the strip from the Hibs website and forwarding the newsletter message stating the offer (I've pasted onto bottom of e-mail), he's still insisting that it's a goalies top!!!
    Did anyone actually buy it and I can send this link to him just to really shut him up??

He's skiving at home today because of the "weather", so e-mail is all I've got just now.....

This weekend's away SPL fixture v's Hamilton Accies will see John Hughes' squad run out at New Douglas Park wearing this season's all-black third kit for the first time.
    The Clubstore has limited numbers of the exclusive long sleeved shirts, shorts and socks for supporters to purchase. Sizes and prices are as follows:
    -Adult long sleeve shirt £42.99
    -Adult shorts £19.99
    -Adult socks £8.99
    -Kids long sleeve shirts £34.99
    -Kids Shorts £16.99
    -Youths socks £6.99
    The Clubstore have sizes from Small Boys (age 6-7) through to XXXL adult.
    For more information on official Hibernian FC merchandise visit www.hibsshop.co.uk

2. Log in to remove the advert

no sure of the exact details but yes the black limited edition was a goaly top......or modified from the goalies top.

you're not wrong.....but I think your mate might be more correct that you lol.

although I may be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no sure of the exact details but yes the black limited edition was a goaly top......or modified from the goalies top.

you're not wrong.....but I think your mate might be more correct that you lol.

although I may be corrected.
    So it was Maka that missed the penalty v Hamilton then

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Yeah it is the goalie top, Stack and Maka have been wearing it all season and Smith did on sunday.

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar
    We definitely wore it against Hamilton, I've not got the strip by I can say that you're right without even the slightest bit of doubt.

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar
    Just went to look for pictures on Hibs Interactive, but I can't seem to find the pictures section since they redesigned it

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    It is the keepers strip but for some reason they decided to launch it as our "third-kit" and used it for the outfield players against Hamilton (possibly a way to boost sales )

It'll probably get used again when we go to Celtic in a few weeks time.

First Team Breakthrough
    thanks folks, another guy in the office (who wisely backed me lol) has further confirmed it with this link and states that it will get worn against Celtc

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    The 3rd shirt is the goalies shirt, however it was only sold in long sleeves. (Basically because it was a goalies top).

I bought it and need to take it to a seamstress to get the arms chopped down to make it a short sleveed top.

It happens everytime we have a white shirt. Remember the Yellow W&M "shield" shirt. Which was the previous seasons yellow Carlsberg shirt with the W&M shield.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Mister P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats some tan Stokes picked up on holiday...

It's simple

If u remember when hubs launched the home strip and the White away one it was marketed as 'interchangeable' meaning that all socks and shorts and tops would be used as an official combination. club said it was taking into consideration how costly it can be to buy 3 seperate kits, so decided to be able to mix all variations. Ie buy home and away jerseys using just one pair of shorts and socks to match both!!

Just haven't used red goalie one or home top with black shorts, but that's basically what it's all about.

Black strip used by both goalie and outfield players

See the pictures from the game against Hamilton here.