hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1902 and 108 years

Not sure what the words were, but the Yam Neds were getting very excited about 1902. It seems clear to me that they now appear to get more pleasure out of singing about these dates, than we get embarrassed about Hibs abject failure in the Scottish Cup.

As well as being deluded about their own future prospects, are they now completely out of touch with how sensitive Hibs fans are about 1902 and 108 years and counting ..? Or is just me, and the passing years, that have made me totally insensitive to their annual ramblings ?

Or is the fact that we have more chance of breaking that hoodoo than they will ever have of thrashing us 8-0

Is our record in this annual cup competition so statistically impossible that we should do what the Dons fans did and adopt the songs as our own copyright - and start charging Vlad royalties ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure what the words were, but the Yam Neds were getting very excited about 1902. It seems clear to me that they now appear to get more pleasure out of singing about these dates, than we get embarrassed about Hibs abject failure in the Scottish Cup.

As well as being deluded about their own future prospects, are they now completely out of touch with how sensitive Hibs fans are about 1902 and 108 years and counting ..? Or is just me, and the passing years, that have made me totally insensitive to their annual ramblings ?

Or is the fact that we have more chance of breaking that hoodoo than they will ever have of thrashing us 8-0

Is our record in this annual cup competition so statistically impossible that we should do what the Dons fans did and adopt the songs as our own copyright - and start charging Vlad royalties ?
    What did Aberdeen do? And I agree, noone I know actually cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    What did Aberdeen do? And I agree, noone I know actually cares.
    they adopted the sheepy song, which dis-armed the opposition.

I also recall the Huns not being best pleased when 6000 Hibs fans started singing "we arra peepil" at Hunbrox a few years ago. Although in fairness, we were in the process of skelping them 0-3 in the Scottish on their own patch

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo

The took the Famine Song and changed the words to:

Since 1902 Since 1902
    You've not won the Scottish Cup
    Since 1902

Pretty pathetic really....

When we do win it (and we will) they'll have ****** all on us...

Compared to their path of paedos and magic sticks

It was 1902 - you-huvnae-wonthebigcup, since 1902. Its was a joy to watch them doing their very,very best to make it fit

I actually felt a bit sorry for them. They have nothing.

apart from a wee wooden stand

Hibs lack of success in the Scottish Cup a few red hand flags, racism towards Zemmama and a little wooden stand. Fuds doesn't even come close.

they adopted the sheepy song, which dis-armed the opposition.

I also recall the Huns not being best pleased when 6000 Hibs fans started singing "we arra peepil" at Hunbrox a few years ago. Although in fairness, we were in the process of skelping them 0-3 in the Scottish on their own patch
    They were spewing when we did that They had nothing to say back!

How many matches over the years have their team been inspired by a large travelling support. Wish more of us travelled to away games

Would like to see us adopting some scottish cup song
    Few union flags in the hibs end at ipox, darkhead and the pbs would go down a treat as well

Would any Hibbee swap the Diets' penalty shootout against Gretna for £25m of debt? Or Albert Kidd's 86 cameo?

Let me think about that for one second...

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernating View Post
    Would any Hibbee swap the Diets' penalty shootout against Gretna for £25m of debt? Or Albert Kidd's 86 cameo?

Since when have they been £25m in debt?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    108 means so much more to the Yams than it does to us. Without it they've got sweet FA on us these days. Nobody gives a toss about their derby record, nobody gives a toss about their 3 Scottish Cup wins in over 100 years (look up other teams that have a similar record, it puts the Yams' pish record into perspective).

It's only them that call it the big cup as well - the OF fans at my work don't take much pleasure in winning the Scottish at all - it's all about the league for them. If you don't win the league, the Scottish is nothing more than a consolation prize.

The Yams are obsessed with size, they clearly have some major, major pen is envy problems going on.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

it'll just make it all the sweeter when we do win it

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernating View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Since when have they been £25m in debt?
    And what's all this about Albert Kidd?

I would LOVE it, if at the next derby, just as their end starts to build up. . " since 1902, since 1902. . "

We just started belting it it. .

"WE'VE not won the big cup, since 1902. "

Would really put them in their place and shut them up.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    And what's all this about Albert Kidd?

Never heard of him mate

Surely someone can shed some light as to the connection between AK and the Yams?????????????
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member
    If I was them I'd be more concerned at my lack of basic arithmetic. Surely at least one of the 400000 of them that make loads of noise at ER after battering all-comers on the "bridge of doom" (copyright Kickback) can do adding up and that?

If they're just going to make a number up why not call it 300 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye...® View Post

Never heard of him mate

Surely someone can shed some light as to the connection between AK and the Yams?????????????
    Just googled him and he used to play for Dundee FC.

Nothing to do with the yams it would appear so no idea what the poster above is on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye...® View Post

Never heard of him mate

Spent hours looking for stuff on this guy called "Walter Kidd" and could only find this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s
    Not sure if it mean anything to the yams or not!

First Team Regular WarringtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Few union flags in the hibs end at ipox, darkhead and the pbs would go down a treat as well
    I laughed at that one, it's a dead cert the Huns will go absolutely nuts over that haha.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Me and a bunch of other guys tried "Since 1902, since 1902, no one cares, it's 1902" to the same tune.

Let's take glory in our own failure - that'll wind them up to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by LamontHFC© View Post
    I would LOVE it, if at the next derby, just as their end starts to build up. . " since 1902, since 1902. . "

exactly what I was thinking. Its called a spoiler campaign

I also like the idea of Union Flags and singing "we arrra peepil" at the Huns when they next come to ER. It costs so little and would drive them absolutely NUTS

I think the way of fandom in general is that you imagine you are winding up opposition fans more than you are by bringing up those things. I don't know of one single Hibby who gets upset about 1902 and all that, if anything it's nice to know they care enough to sing about it. To be fair, most Yams are the exactly the same about 7-0.

86 really does them in though; they had a historic chance and bottled it completely. But they always seem far less angry at Dundee/Alberto than St Mirren, for not only capitulating to Celtic, but also thrashing Hearts 6-2 before they went on that run.

However, they have to understand that we saw the pictures of them at Dens, so from our viewpoint, it makes sense to see Albertini and Dundee, rather than the Paisley buddies (appreciate them as we do) as architects of the Yam demise.

Apparently, there's a You Tube clip of that game. God, I'd love to get a look at that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I think the way of fandom in general is that you imagine you are winding up opposition fans more than you are by bringing up those things. I don't know of one single Hibby who gets upset about 1902 and all that, if anything it's nice to know they care enough to sing about it. To be fair, most Yams are the exactly the same about 7-0.

86 really does them in though; they had a historic chance and bottled it completely. But they always seem far less angry at Dundee/Alberto than St Mirren, for not only capitulating to Celtic, but also thrashing Hearts 6-2 before they went on that run.

However, they have to understand that we saw the pictures of them at Dens, so from our viewpoint, it makes sense to see Albertini and Dundee, rather than the Paisley buddies (appreciate them as we do) as architects of the Yam demise.

Apparently, there's a You Tube clip of that game. God, I'd love to get a look at that!
    The yams problem that day was nothing to do with St Mirren. They needed a draw at Dens to win the bloody league!

It was in their own hands with seven minutes to go and they completely and utterly bottled it. Spineless, that's what it was. The kind of spinelessness which is all too apparent today as they point-blank refuse to stand up to Mr Romanov while he urinates all over their club.

Apparently they lost the Scottish Cup final to Aberdeen the week afterwards. Oh well, just think what mita been.

Here's that youtube vid for anyone who missed it last time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Club 12 (2013) Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    The yams problem that day was nothing to do with St Mirren. They needed a draw at Dens to win the bloody league!

It was in their own hands with seven minutes to go and they completely and utterly bottled it. Spineless, that's what it was. The kind of spinelessness which is all too apparent today as they point-blank refuse to stand up to Mr Romanov while he urinates all over their club.

Apparently they lost the Scottish Cup final to Aberdeen the week afterwards. Oh well, just think what mita been.

Here's that youtube vid for anyone who missed it last time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s
    Hearts team that day was decimated by flu. They informed the league that they couldn't get 11 fit players and were told tough. In the end we just ran out of steam. Was still probably the best season of my life supporting the Hearts (1998 was fantastic but the 85-86 season as a whole was the best). Lived in Newcastle at the time and never missed a game home or away the whole season. Of course the Dens game was a sickener but, funnily enough, the cup final the next week wasn't. I think we all knew after losing the league like we had, we would never win the cup.
    As for the OP, I seem to recall a few hibs fans that think it's the ultimate put down to mention some league game from over 30 years ago that you won 7-0; as if it was worth more than 2 points, And Hearts fans can easily justify 108 years in a row as you won the cup in April 1902. The next final is in May 2010 so that makes 108 years and about 1 month

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Why do you bother ?

Your club is the laughing stock of football fans everywhere.

Perhaps you could take up knitting instead ?

Club 12 (2013) Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    Why do you bother ?

Your club is the laughing stock of football fans everywhere.

Perhaps you could take up knitting instead ?

It's called supporting your team

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Quote Originally Posted by LamontHFC© View Post

Iv actually been singing this with my relatives for a number of months now, as i just laugh at it, every time i hear them sing it. I'd understand if they were winning Cups or League titles every year, but its now getting pathetic.

As far as i see it, your right. We SHOULD sing it back. Just to show.. "Who cares!"

We aren't the ones going BUST!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipped flake View Post
    Hearts team that day was decimated by flu. They informed the league that they couldn't get 11 fit players and were told tough. In the end we just ran out of steam. Was still probably the best season of my life supporting the Hearts (1998 was fantastic but the 85-86 season as a whole was the best). Lived in Newcastle at the time and never missed a game home or away the whole season. Of course the Dens game was a sickener but, funnily enough, the cup final the next week wasn't. I think we all knew after losing the league like we had, we would never win the cup.
    As for the OP, I seem to recall a few hibs fans that think it's the ultimate put down to mention some league game from over 30 years ago that you won 7-0; as if it was worth more than 2 points, And Hearts fans can easily justify 108 years in a row as you won the cup in April 1902. The next final is in May 2010 so that makes 108 years and about 1 month
    Your point is

Club 12 (2013) Supporter Chest Organs's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure a lot of you aint talking for the majority on this subject. I've got a lot of mates who would rather see this bogey lifted than any league title, euro adventure or 8-0 drubbing of your local rivals. Still, I await to be shot down in flames!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipped flake View Post
    What a load of bull
    If a player has the flu, then he would never last 30mins on a pitch never mind 90mins. Also it was nearly the same team that played in the cup final a week or so later. Let's be honest here....you team bottled it, just like many hibs teams have done in cup finals before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chest Organs View Post
    I'm pretty sure a lot of you aint talking for the majority on this subject. I've got a lot of mates who would rather see this bogey lifted than any league title, euro adventure or 8-0 drubbing of your local rivals. Still, I await to be shot down in flames!
    If we win it, then we win it, but if we loose it, then we will try again next year.......we really don't care!!
    Plus if that day comes and we did win it, what would your lot shout about then......go back to singing "22 in a row"

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    last derby at ER, last season, i was walking over the bridge with them with green on , and they started pelting it at me , so i joined in and their faces fell pretty fast and one went mental at me saying 'your not allowed to sing that ya wee ****'...