hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do we kid ourselves on?

I've not long logged on but already I've read numerous posts saying how gash Hertz are and how we should have pumped them.

I'll get shot down no doubt but Hertz are not gash and played well at times today. As we persist in saying they are humpty it simply makes it harder to swallow today's result.

I say again, Hertz are not gash - they are better than many give them credit for

This is how it feels

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Na, their gash mate!

Testimonial Due
    Quite - well said.

They were never relegation material and we were never championship material. There's not a lot between the non-OF teams and anyone who can put a run together will shoot up the league and similarly (see Dons, Motherwell) the reverse is true.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've not long logged on but already I've read numerous posts saying how gash Hertz are and how we should have pumped them.

I'll get shot down no doubt but Hertz are not gash and played well at times today. As we persist in saying they are humpty it simply makes it harder to swallow today's result.

I say again, Hertz are not gash - they are better than many give them credit for

John your wasting your time mate..........

That kind of realistic post is ignored in here - save it for the PM's

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

First Team Breakthrough

slavering shaba definitely deserves credit for getting his journeymen players to play with spirit and organization

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    They are pish up front. Robust in defence and without stewart would be average in midfield. Hibs are better in every area but could do with two things.
    1. A bit more of a physical side to their game. (this would need to come from a personell change as we are too lightweight at the moment.

2. A striker with a bit of pace.

I agree with you Jonnyboy. They are not gash.

They are pash.

As Speedway would probably say. If Hertz hadn't scored then we most likely would have won the game.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

Correct, quite incredible that people on here who should know better were tipping them for relegation. It was never ever going to happen, they still have quite a few big strong half decent players and are well organised.

When did we last score 2 goals against them? Boxing Day 2006?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

We did the same the week previously regarding Rangers. Some of us persuaded themselves that this is 'the worst Rangers team in living memory' (well, I can remember worse, and I'm no deid yet - I think) and then when we lost to them they all jumped on the pity-pot and started squealing about how bad this made Hibs.

I'm not sure that there are ANY easy games in the SPL right now (for whatever reason). A wee bit of a reality-check wouldn't do some of us any harm, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    They are pish up front. Robust in defence and without stewart would be average in midfield. Hibs are better in every area but could do with two things.
    1. A bit more of a physical side to their game. (this would need to come from a personell change as we are too lightweight at the moment.

2. A striker with a bit of pace.
    I get your point A but ......

Hibs today
    Wotherspoon - poor
    Hogg - Appalling
    Rankin - missing
    Zemmama - anonymous

So you see, we have disappointing players too

The only saving grace is that at least two of our four can do a lot better whilst Nade will always be pash
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

They may not be gash but they're not a good fitba team. Apart from Wallace and Stewart they're just a big, physical team who outmuscled us - again - in midfield (and - again - Nade outmuscled two or three Hibs defenders at a time up front).
    I can't recall the boy Kello once looking for a player to throw to, and build an attack from the back - it was the same ponderous wander to the edge of the box and hoof it as hard and high as possible, every time. Utterly brutal to watch. We didn't play well today but in the first half at least we were trying to play what I recognised as fitba.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    They may not be gash but they're not a good fitba team. Apart from Wallace and Stewart they're just a big, physical team who outmuscled us - again - in midfield (and - again - Nade outmuscled two or three Hibs defenders at a time up front).
    I can't recall the boy Kello once looking for a player to throw to, and build an attack from the back - it was the same ponderous wander to the edge of the box and hoof it as hard and high as possible, every time. Utterly brutal to watch. We didn't play well today but in the first half at least we were trying to play what I recognised as fitba.
    Pretty well sums up the SPL
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar

Were you at the game??

HoMoFC were gash, they were over run in the 1st 45 and improved to at least be a match in the 2nd half but we had chances galore to bury them in both halves

If you think they were that great then why not go to Tynie next week...

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    The problem is that people think were better than what we are...

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Were you at the game??

HoMoFC were gash, they were over run in the 1st 45 and improved to at least be a match in the 2nd half but we had chab=nces galore to bury them in both halves

If you think they were that great then why not go to Tynie next week...
    Dinnae be cheeky

I never said they were great did I? I said they're better than a lot of posters on here give them credit for. Look back at all the 'we'll hump them 4-0' etc posts over the last few days. My point, which you clearly missed, is that they are not as gash as many of the posters on here seem to think.
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Ugly Ugly team though
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by G19 View Post
    The problem is that people think were better than what we are...
    Spot on. We've only played well in patches this season but the media hype about title challenges etc seems to have gone to a lot of folks head.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Spot on. We've only played well in patches this season but the media hype about title challenges etc seems to have gone to a lot of folks head.
    This is how it feels

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    They're on a good run, and did play their system well today.

They don't use passing football, and it's not always pretty to watch, but they're physical and boss teams who command too much time on the ball, which is what we tried in abundance today. Their main problem is consistency. They appear to have found a good run of form at the moment though, and if they keep winning (or drawing), they're going to challenge us for 3rd, without question.

That's both derbies this season, where they have matched us all over the park for 90 minutes, and despite the continued "we have better players" which many of our fans seem to recite daily, we don't have the physical presence to match them.

For all the crap he takes about not scoring goals, Nade is actually a very useful player (not that I'd thank you for him right enough). He has strength in abundance, holds the ball up well, and tormented Hogg all day. He also played a big role in their goal. Wallace was brilliant going forward for them today and I'm glad Driver was injured, or they could have ripped us apart, as McCormack was gash today. Stewart was a pain in the arse all day and along with Jonnson, they stopped us getting forward without much difficulty.

On paper, we SHOULD be the better outfit of the 2 sides, but as is so often said, football isn't played on paper. Hopefully we have a quality to maintain our start to the season and still finish above them come May.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

It was always going to be close today. Derbies always are and both teams don't give too many goals away these days. I can't remember the last time we won by more than a couple of goals against them.

But over the course of the season I see us being well ahead of the ****bos simply because we have better players, will score more goals and win more games. I'd hate to see the ****bos every week - they are truly brutal to watch.

First Team Breakthrough
    I tell you, the much maligned Christian Nade did a job for them today, not the donkey many would have you believe!

:

Nade will always be pash
    Me and my mate were saying today that despite the stick Nade gets- and he does undoubtedly have his faults, he's nowhere near as bad as folk make out. The way he can hold the ball up when surrounded by defenders is probably second to none in the SPL at present and dare I say it we could probably do with a player like that at times.

So I'd probably conclude that saying Nade will always be 'pash' is probably akin to folk saying Hearts are 'gash'. I'm sure most of us realise that neither is strictly accurate.

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage1875 View Post
    I tell you, the much maligned Christian Nade did a job for them today, not the donkey many would have you believe!
    Agree. We had no-one who could match him for muscle and his pace was better than many thought. Once or twice he caught passes that looked destined for throw ins by chasing them down. He also held the ball up pretty well and had a decent touch when taking passes in. If he could actually score goals at any reasonable rate he'd be a decent all round player.

Still wouldn't have him in our team mind or indeed any of them other than Lee Wallace or Jose Goncalves who of course was missing today.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage1875 View Post
    He would be more effective in midfield. holds the ball well and can play people in. Never ever a striker
    His challenge on Smith was a booking for sure

Quote Originally Posted by AK86 View Post
    He would be more effective in midfield. holds the ball well and can play people in. Never ever a striker
    His challenge on Smith was a booking for sure
    Not got the legs or engine to play in midfield, but I must admit he did a fine job in dropping off the front line to hold the ball up and wait for support before bringing others in to the play.

As for Hearts, they came to ER with a plan and carried it out for 90 minutes - thought we might have stretched them a bit at 10 a side, but the remaining 10 did their jobs and certainly restricted our chances.

Nade did very well at holding the ball up today and due to his extreme build (I'll be kind to him ), no-one could get near him to try and take the ball off him. He then brought others into play.

He carries absolutely no goal threat, though.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Nade did very well at holding the ball up today and due to his extreme build (I'll be kind to him ), no-one could get near him to try and take the ball off him. He then brought others into play.

He carries absolutely no goal threat, though.
    It was his holding the ball up that led to their goal!

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Dinnae be cheeky

I never said they were great did I? I said they're better than a lot of posters on here give them credit for. Look back at all the 'we'll hump them 4-0' etc posts over the last few days. My point, which you clearly missed, is that they are not as gash as many of the posters on here seem to think.
    Not many here, including me were saying we were going to overrrun them, my point is that you give them far too much credit, they were honking and if you cant see that then sorry mate......................

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Loads of kudos for starting a post like this JB!

Sometimes feel on this forum that you just can't win? Posters still blinded by monkeyheid syndrome? (no disrespect intended to the great man)

A lot of us here have been watching Hibs for 30 years and over (40 in my case) and have been through the disaster that was the 80's early 90's when Hearts had two runs of 20+ games unbeaten. Hearts beat us in games they should have been hammered and pulled results like a white rabbit out of a magicians hat!

Derbies definitely do not favor the timid! And for me an I'll take a kicking for this also, just like the Derby thread I started, Hibs are timid! We need muscle players to compete and dig in when it aint so good.

Hearts are definitely not gash they play to system that works for their capabilities. Its not nice to watch but it is effective.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo

Well said John but this is Hibs.net so good luck