hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Zemmamma and his appetite for that type of game.

I notice one thing that is conspicious by its absence is any single mention of the absolute stinker of a game had by Zemmamma today?

I don't know if it's just because only I thought he wasn't at the races (and this would not appear to be the case judging by the grumbles around me in the East Stand) or because no-one else has been preparing quite such a sturdy tin helmet as I.

Anyway, I thought he showed nearly zilch positional discipline (granted, his natural position and proclivities may not lend themselves to playing on the right, but if that's what he's asked to do, then that's where he's got to play/offer himself for the pass), and showed next to no appetite for any sort of physical challenge - not just 50-50, but there were a couple of times when 70-30 balls in his favour were won by Hearts simply by their midfielder moving in a remotely physical manner in his general direction.

His passing was frequently lazy/wildly overambitious, and I don't see how this - combined with his apparent lack of zeal for the physical battle - can be entertained by Yogi in a Derby/any game when the opposition is likely to be in our faces (which is most of them these days).

One of the reasons he frustrates me/is given more leeway by others is that, when on form, he can rip teams to pieces, in a way that no-one else in our squad/probably the whole SPL can, but that's not the Zemmamma we saw today, or have seen for a wee while.

Hopefully, the return of McBride will allow Zemmamma to be given a more advanced, central beat to patrol, because today - whether caused by tactics or a lack of heart, or a combination of the two - the "Wee man" was a passenger at times.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough maximushibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: maximushardonas
    agree with that thought he was more effective in the first half a played some good balls forward and got into the box well some neat touches but other than that yeh wasnt his best game.. too scared to put a challenge and too scared to jump
    Last edited by maximushibee; 03-01-2010 at 08:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar
    Thought he was supposed to be playing in the centre today, where Nish was playing before, so would have the freedom to roam. He was unlucky a few times in the first half with his final pass, one specifically where he almost played Riordan in with a rediculous reverse pass that was just too heavy. I'm quite happy for him to take the risks with those passes, because the one time it does come off we score.

Was disappointed when he was subbed, but it seems he was struggling with injury. When he went off our attacking threat almost disappeared. At least he was supporting Stokes-when he went off and Wotherspoon dropped back to RB Stokes was left stranded. We also had nobody looking to get on the ball and create something, hence the long balls to Stokes.

We are without a doubt a poorer side without him. If Riordan can be kept on the park 'because he can create something out of nothing' then the same can be said of Zemmama. I'd like to see Benji given a chance as well though-the two of them work really well together, and we could do with his ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    No doubting this boy is quality, but on a freezing cold day in a physical derby game he was just too chicken-hearted. His passing was awful. Only Hogg's distribution was worse.

Totally agree, Zemmama was awful today and offered next to nothing.

Very disappointing because he is potentially the best creative midfielder in Scotland.

no doubt he was poor but hes allowed an off day as for chris hogg

First Team Breakthrough
    agree with this but not the only one who never showed for the fight today. deeks has not bothered to get involved in the last two games, but for the apologists it's cause he's played out of position that he does **** all

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by danger1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    agree with this but not the only one who never showed for the fight today. deeks has not bothered to get involved in the last two games, but for the apologists it's cause he's played out of position that he does **** all
    i thought his cross for our goal was worth him being on the park, don't you?

zemamma had a nightmare game today. hope he picks himself up and gets going again like we all know he can.

apart from set up the goal. get a grip

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Zouma did not have a good game, however he still provided a few killer passes in the first half that almost came off. I also recall Derek and Tony's touch letting them down when put through by Zemamma too.

When he went off we had no creative threat whatsoever.

We were crying out for an Ivan Sproule type sub today, a proper winger with pace to burn would have caused mayhem with all that space after the sending offs.

Quote Originally Posted by renato View Post
    Zouma did not have a good game, however he still provided a few killer passes in the first half that almost came off. I also recall Derek and Tony's touch letting them down when put through by Zemamma too.

When he went off we had no creative threat whatsoever.

We were crying out for an Ivan Sproule type sub today, a proper winger with pace to burn would have caused mayhem with all that space after the sending offs.
    Galbraith?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    [/SIZE]

yeah great, what a great return for what £8000ish over the last 2 games. sorry for my season ticket money i want more than one cross. if your happy we pay him for one cross in 2 games then fair enough. you have low expectactions, i have high ones

He doesnt like it up 'im. I'd sell him and bring in that nice Bobby Mann

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Now yer talking! :

First Team Breakthrough

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby 2005 View Post
    Galbraith?
    Wasn't even on the bench. From what I've seen of him I don't think he can come on and have the same impact as Sproule, for example, yet. Would love to have been proven wrong as today was the perfect opportunity for him.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    No doubting this boy is quality, but on a freezing cold day in a physical derby game he was just too chicken-hearted. His passing was awful. Only Hogg's distribution was worse.
    Zemmamma worst game ever, this guy has quality no question but as you said in a freezing cold day in a physical derby he was hopless didn't want to help out when we lost the ball and should have been hooked after 25 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    Zemmamma worst game ever, this guy has quality no question but as you said in a freezing cold day in a physical derby he was hopless didn't want to help out when we lost the ball and should have been hooked after 25 minutes.
    Zemmama has had some of his best games in the colder months (as has benji), this cliche about him not playing in cold weather just doesnt stand up to the facts.

The biggest problem is he's clearly damaged his hamstring and is injured, which has happened about 4 times now IIIRC in his short Hibs career. Clearly something needs to be done, a new training regime or something

Left by mutual consent!
    yeah great, what a great return for what £8000ish over the last 2 games. sorry for my season ticket money i want more than one cross. if your happy we pay him for one cross in 2 games then fair enough. you have low expectactions, i have high ones
    Deeks did ok, but there is little he can do when for the second game running our midfield has gone AWOL.

Deeks did more than the cross. In the first half, after Zemmamma played a very poor corner outside the box straight to a Hertz player to set up a Hertz attack, when the cross came in it was stopped by Deeks playing in the centreback position, covering for Hogg and Murray who had gone up for the corner.

So taking his two main contributions (cross for the goal and tracking back to stop a potential Hertz goal), I think he did enough. One-One is better than two down, won't you agree.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1875 View Post
    Deeks did ok, but there is little he can do when for the second game running our midfield has gone AWOL.

Deeks did more than the cross. In the first half, after Zemmamma played a very poor corner outside the box straight to a Hertz player to set up a Hertz attack, when the cross came in it was stopped by Deeks playing in the centreback position, covering for Hogg and Murray who had gone up for the corner.
    So taking his two main contributions (cross for the goal and tracking back to stop a potential Hertz goal), I think he did enough. One-One is better than two down, won't you agree.

Never seen that from Deeks before and was very pleasing on the eye.

As for Zumma, I would have hooked him long before JH did, thats for sure.

1-1 is a better result for us than the Yams and IF we can take the 3 points at Perth then we shall find our selfs in a very good position.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine1875 View Post

He wasn't exactly covering for the centre halfs. He was sat back as they were trying to play a corner out to him to volley that went badly wrong so he found himself one of the furthest players back with the ball coming in his direction.

He did well to clear the danger but it was a bit of an accident and not exactly him thinking about covering for the cente halfs at a corner!

Couldnt believe the amount of 50/50 he didnt win, plus the 70/30 where he
    5hat it,we need hard men on the park against physical teams like hertz,not pansies like Zemmama.
    Thought Deeks had a decent game

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Getting tired of this xenophobic pish about Zouma not being able to handle the weather and not being "up" for this sort of game. He had a poor game that's all.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Zemamma is a waste of space, get rid ASAP, and use what money we get to tempt Bob Malcolm back to these shores.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Zemmama has had some of his best games in the colder months (as has benji), this cliche about him not playing in cold weather just doesnt stand up to the facts.

The biggest problem is he's clearly damaged his hamstring and is injured, which has happened about 4 times now IIIRC in his short Hibs career. Clearly something needs to be done, a new training regime or something
    I was basing my comments on what I saw yesterday it had nothing to do with him not playing well in the cold weather conditions. The lazy we bugger gave up running for the ball with less than 25 minutes gone was my point.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Thought Yogi made a tactical error yesterday when he took Zooma off. With only 20 players on the pitch it created the sort of open spaces that Zooma thrives on. Even when Zooma is having a bad day there's always the chance that he can pull a rabbit out of the hat and I felt we lost our momentum when he got subbed.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    [/SIZE]

And was first to get all the way back to stop a Hearts counter attack which would have almost certainly resulted in a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    I was basing my comments on what I saw yesterday it had nothing to do with him not playing well in the cold weather conditions. The lazy we bugger gave up running for the ball with less than 25 minutes gone was my point.
    This might have something to do with his torn hamstring.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    I didn’t think Zemamma was that bad. I thought he gave it a go first half and put Riordan clean through just before they scored - was the offside decision correct? I wouldn’t have taken him off either and from what I can gather he was only subbed due to injury.

He’s lightweight aye. That’s ‘cause he’s small, quite light, doesn’t weigh much. Sometimes wins the ball with the most delicate of touches and he did that once or twice yesterday. Aye, I know he lost the ball sometimes as well but who didnae yesterday?

Some have been a bit harsh on him I think.

Left by mutual consent!
    Zemmama didn't do too much today but to be fair to him , he was struggling a bit with a hamstring problem.. I would however , like to see him played in the position where he was playing yesterday as he has the ability to play the killer pass...