hibs.net Messageboard

Who was the ACTUAL MoM??

Ok, so the MOM award went to Anthony Stokes, but we all know that's just cos some wee laddies in hospitality wanted to meet Stokes after the game.

Who was the ACTUAL MOM for you?? For me, any one of Murray, Hanlon or - wait for it - John Rankin could have staked a claim for it.

I suspect most folk will agree with Murray/Hanlon, but the idea that Rankin might get a bit of recognition will send many into a apopleptic rage, because it seemingly isn't the done thing to give him any real credit.

Personally, I thought that he was excellent today, doing more than just running about a lot. He put in a few cracking sliding tackles, tried to use the ball when he had it (ok, this wasn't always successful, but in the helter skelter of the derby, even Mr Unflustered Liam Miller gave the ball away a few times) and - bizarrely - won more balls in the air than any of the other midfield quartet.

Granted, as heading - for obvious reasons - isn't his strong point, the headers he won weren't necessarily brilliant, but he seemed more comitted/competent in the air than other, taller players today.

A great performance today, although I suspect he'll be dropped if McBride is back to match fitness, and I'm not going to grumble about his return to fitness!!

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I actually agree with you about Rankin, I thought he had a good game this afternoon

I would have given MOTM to Murray though

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Hanlon was my MOM today
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, so the MOM award went to Anthony Stokes, but we all know that's just cos some wee laddies in hospitality wanted to meet Stokes after the game.

Who was the ACTUAL MOM for you?? For me, any one of Murray, Hanlon or - wait for it - John Rankin could have staked a claim for it.

I suspect most folk will agree with Murray/Hanlon, but the idea that Rankin might get a bit of recognition will send many into a apopleptic rage, because it seemingly isn't the done thing to give him any real credit.

Personally, I thought that he was excellent today, doing more than just running about a lot. He put in a few cracking sliding tackles, tried to use the ball when he had it (ok, this wasn't always successful, but in the helter skelter of the derby, even Mr Unflustered Liam Miller gave the ball away a few times) and - bizarrely - won more balls in the air than any of the other midfield quartet.

Granted, as heading - for obvious reasons - isn't his strong point, the headers he won weren't necessarily brilliant, but he seemed more comitted/competent in the air than other, taller players today.

A great performance today, although I suspect he'll be dropped if McBride is back to match fitness, and I'm not going to grumble about his return to fitness!!

GGTTH
    Tin helmet on Peter, you dared to compliment the devil Rankin!

(Keep it quiet, but I agree, Rankin was decent)

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    Paul Hanlon got my MOTM solid display,well done!
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

miller.

Blog Entries
    Rankin one a lot of tackles particularly in periods when we were on the back foot. His final ball (like the rest) was just short of the perfection that is needed to be really damaging to the opposition.

Though McBride was superb when he came on and gave us much more composure and control.

personally I would play Miller & Rankin with McBride behind as this would releive the wide players of some of the defensive responsibilities

Michael Stewart got MOM did he not ?

I think Stokes did well considering the amount of hopeless balls played up to him and was my MoM. Rankin was horrendous, I'm usually a big fan of his but he was awful today - glad McBride is coming back.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LamontHFC© View Post
    Michael Stewart got MOM did he not ?
    Stokes got it at the game

Being honest I thought it was Rankin who showed up well on the pitch for Hibs today. His passing was sometimes not accurate but he was hardly alone in that department in a fast paced match with a bumpy looking pitch. Murray was committed as always so he was another contender.

First Team Regular holyrood hibbie's Avatar
    Tam the kit man, for getting the palyers to look so good.

In all seriousness between Murray and Hanlon. Hanlon left the whole left flank to make a challange on some dirty jambo and won the ball. Murray was just typical Murray always where you needed him

Can't believe anyone is suggesting Hanlon or Rankin. Neither of them found a Hibs player with a pass all day.
    Mccorrmack and hogg were no better.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Miller or Nid, for me.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Ian Murray was my MOTM by quite a bit. Crunched a fair few Jambos like

I'm a supporter of Rankin because his work-rate is first class and he actually tries to make things happen as opposed to taking the safe option all the time (like 1 or 2 players we have of similar ability). However.... I really do think there is very little end product to it all and I find him incredibly frustrating. Today was a prime example and I'm absolutely stunned to read his name being linked with MOM. Passing and decision making absolutely woeful- not good for a midfielder.

Pass marks for me were Smith, Murray, Hanlon, Miller and Stokes with IM the best.

I'd go for Riordan - they should get the ball to him quicker. Unlucky not to score a couple of times.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Murray.
    GG

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I'd go for deeko main reason would be him moving the ball forward at a free kick then complaining to the ref it was the hearts wall that moved - legend

Stewart got MOM on the TV coverage, presented to him by the Yams goal scorer.

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar
    I'm surprised Murray is getting so many mentions-thought first half he looked very dodgy, his passing was causing problems and he was poor in the air. Improved in the second half, and was unlucky with his trickling shot and run towards the end, but not worth MOTM for me.

Having said that, there weren't many outstanding candidates. Didn't think anyone really excelled beyond average, and when you get that sort of performance you don't deserve to win. Riordan was decent when on the ball, but that wasn't very often. He seemed, as usual, stuck to the left touchline, when we could have done with him dropping inside a bit to support Stokes. I'd give it to Stokes, because of his goal and general work ethic. He's looking sharper and full of confidence, though should have buried that chance in the first half.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Am I really seeing Rankin's name mentioned here?? I really admire the guy's work ethic but he just cannot keep the ball and that is vital to the way Yogi tries to have us playing. McBride is fit though so that's a big plus.

Miller, Hanlon & Murray were best for me.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by millarco View Post
    I'm surprised Murray is getting so many mentions-thought first half he looked very dodgy, his passing was causing problems and he was poor in the air. Improved in the second half, and was unlucky with his trickling shot and run towards the end, but not worth MOTM for me.

Having said that, there weren't many outstanding candidates. Didn't think anyone really excelled beyond average, and when you get that sort of performance you don't deserve to win. Riordan was decent when on the ball, but that wasn't very often. He seemed, as usual, stuck to the left touchline, when we could have done with him dropping inside a bit to support Stokes. I'd give it to Stokes, because of his goal and general work ethic. He's looking sharper and full of confidence, though should have buried that chance in the first half.
    im sure that the ball for that stokes chance was put through by rankin, but murray for MOM just for his sheer appetite.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Miller/Murray. Miller had a few slack passes which may have just cost him MOM.

First Team Breakthrough
    I would say Miller first (never put a foot wrong and a huge calming influence); then Stokes and then Murray.

Rankin was atrocious. I'm sorry but I don't know how you could have given him anything but pass marks. He can't pass and his right leg is for standing on.

I think the wee laddies in hospitality got it right when they picked Stokes

Liam miller for me

Mikey Stewart for me,dont think a Hibs player deserved it.