hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mikey Stewart > Liam Miller (ed: ???)

The main reason we never won either is our central midfield is too weak. Michael Stewart has bossed Liam Miller in both matches and in my opinion is a far better player.

Millers performce this outing was marginally better but still in Stewarts back pocket.

Rankin done well in the 1st half but fell away.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Michael Stewart has bossed Liam Miller in both matches.
    Did he *****.

The main reason we never won either is our central midfield is too weak. Michael Stewart has bossed Liam Miller in both matches and in my opinion is a far better player.

Millers performce this outing was marginally better but still in Stewarts back pocket.

Aye right ...

Utter bollocks...IMHO!

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar

Deary me, do you actually comprehend fitba?

Left by mutual consent! New Corrie's Avatar
    I thought Michael Stewart was the best player on the park today, however there is no doubtibg that Liam Miller is a seriously good player.l

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish® View Post
    Did he *****.
    Get off that fence!

Ps - 100% correct.

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar

What game did you watch, Miller had a good game today!

Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    Can't believe ESPN gave Stewart MOTM, he was chasing Miller's shadow all day.

McBride makes a huge difference to our midfield though and it was great to see him come on in the 2nd half.

First Team Regular

i think he finally managed to play a pass after 60 mins oh and the usual shoot from anywhere in the first half was smashing also...not. what does cregg have to do? anyway liam miller had a good game today and to say that michael stweart had him in his back pocket is taking it to the extreme

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    As much as it annoys me I thought Stewart was as good as Miller today. There is no doubting Miller is the better player though and Miller was certainly not bossed in these matches, it was probably one of the highlights of the match watching them battle it out today though.

As for the Rankin comment I thought he was awful today. Also when McBride and Miller are together we pish all over their midfield!
    Last edited by Mikey_1875; 03-01-2010 at 06:02 PM.

u a yam on the wind up?

Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    I travelled up for the match as I did the previous derby.

Stewart is a better all round player. How many goals has Miller scored? How many daft passes does Miller spray across the middle of the park (in particular last 2 games) and nearly cost goals? He has a few nice touches but that's about it. Stewart breaks up the play can pass the ball and scores goals.

Stewart is a better all round player. How many goals has Miller scored? How many daft passes does Miller spray across the middle of the park (in particular last 2 games) and nearly cost goals? He has a few nice touches but that's about it. Stewart breaks up the play can pass the ball and scores goals.
    4 goals for Hibs in nearly 70 appearances; hardly prolific.

The vast majority of his goals for Hearts have been from the penalty spot this season.

I know who I'd rather have in the Hibs midfield, and it aint that moaning faced p***k!!

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar

HA HA, we have strikers to score our goals mate and we have other midfielders to braek up play, you are comparing apples and oranges mate......

Anyway your arguement holds not weight, how many of MS goals are from pens?
    Last edited by scott7_0(Prague); 03-01-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Whether or not Stewart is a better player is a different debate. You said that Stewart 'bossed Liam Miller' and had him in his 'back pocket,' which is simply not true.

I think you are a horrible Yam.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by James Connolly View Post
    4 goals for Hibs in nearly 70 appearances; hardly prolific.

The vast majority of his goals for Hearts have been from the penalty spot this season.

I know who I'd rather have in the Hibs midfield, and it aint that moaning faced p***k!!
    Spot on. Stewart had a decent game today but all in all Miller has quality that Stewart never had or will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    Can't believe ESPN gave Stewart MOTM, he was chasing Miller's shadow all day.

McBride makes a huge difference to our midfield though and it was great to see him come on in the 2nd half.
    I am glad McBride is back but unfortunately when he came on we sat even deeper. I rate him as a player but you need one of the midfielders to play further forward when Kevin plays but no one did. If Miller could have had the game he had in the second half 20 yards up the park I am sure we would have won.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Spot on. Stewart had a decent game today but all in all Miller has quality that Stewart never had or will have.
    Possibly, but he should have been red carded for his lunge on Murray at the end.

Tosser!

Anyone smell yam?

I'm still waiting for Miller to play a pass which actually puts a striker through.As usual we played far too much across the field in front of their defence and were too slow in playing the ball wide.Still-this is the Hughes way and he isn't going to change.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    Possibly, but he should have been red carded for his lunge on Murray at the end.

Tosser!
    He also lashed out with his boot at one of our lads during the 1st half (Miller IIRC) and could easily (and deservedly) have been shown a straight red then.

I hope someone snaps him in two one day!

When I watch stewart play this season, he is a guy who doesnt do a lot imo, but spends a lot of time highlighting what little he does.

He is always visible shouting at refs when it suits him, he follows the ball abt looking for a pass without ever much being of anything except the conservative option (which I know can be a constructive way to play, but only if you are in a team that wants to play football and with attackminded players), and also rarely makes a telling pass.

I once read an article by jim mclean (I know I know) lamenting the new breed of midfielders who dont really defend or really attack, they just sort of hang about, getting plenty touches but not doing a lot with the ball or taking responsibility, this is what I think Stewart is an example of.

He shouts at refs, makes daft lunge tackles, and picks up yellows and reds, all of which appeal to the moronic majority over the way, who interpret this as committed, to me it just shows a petulant clown.

Just my opinion likes

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    When I watch stewart play this season, he is a guy who doesnt do a lot imo, but spends a lot of time highlighting what little he does.

He is always visible shouting at refs when it suits him, he follows the ball abt looking for a pass without ever much being of anything except the conservative option (which I know can be a constructive way to play, but only if you are in a team that wants to play football and with attackminded players), and also rarely makes a telling pass.

I once read an article by jim mclean (I know I know) lamenting the new breed of midfielders who dont really defend or really attack, they just sort of hang about, getting plenty touches but not doing a lot with the ball or taking responsibility, this is what I think Stewart is an example of.

He shouts at refs, makes daft lunge tackles, and picks up yellows and reds, all of which appeal to the moronic majority over the way, who interpret this as committed, to me it just shows a petulant clown.

Just my opinion likes
    That charge could be levelled at Miller too but even more so of Rankin. I would say Stewart and Miller try to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by sahib View Post
    That charge could be levelled at Miller too but even more so of Rankin. I would say Stewart and Miller try to do both.
    Valid point mate.
    I agree about rankin, dont think he brings much to the table for us.

Of the other 2, I think miller is the better attacking wise, better passer and vision, whilst stewart is probably the better defensively, in part due to physical stature.

From what I remember of miller at celtic, he would run at players a lot more (in part due to playing wider), but his game now, or at least what yogi wants him to do, is more akin to a facilitator, drifting where he needs to be to get on the ball, make telling passes and influence the game. I think when he has mcbride with him he can play 10 yards further up the pitch, which can be crucial, whereas beside rankin he seems to play deeper, limiting his impact. I thought miller seemed to start to dictate a bit for us after mcbride came on.

Stewart would prob be a better player in a team that doesnt play hoofball, but I wouldnt take him back at the expense of miller, in fact I doubt he'd be a better option than the mcbride-miller tandem.

Good point.

I think Miller has been attempting to do 2 jobs while McBride hasn't been available and this has blunted his threat

Left by mutual consent!
    The main reason we never won either is our central midfield is too weak. Michael Stewart has bossed Liam Miller in both matches and in my opinion is a far better player

Millers performce this outing was marginally better but still in Stewarts back pocket

Rankin done well in the 1st half but fell away
    Crack attack

I feel the negative tactics which Hearts employ made it hard for our midfield today. They are set up to stop you playing and they do it very well. Stewart played okay but his job is to get up and support the lone striker. miller is to sit in and set our forward players free, which was hard when you have two fairly solid banks of four.

after the sendings off made it even more difficult as Hearts brought on Black to keep the solid midfield four and we lost Wotherspoon out of the midfield leaving us numerically down in numbers. I don't class Deek as a useful midfielder to even things up.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    u a yam on the wind up?
    nah its just micheal stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Number_10 View Post
    Crack attack

Abruptly put, but no less true for it.