hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Derby! (we're doomed)

OK, well I'll say it and expect a kicking but here goes...

I reckon we will get beat simply because Sunday showed how soft we are as a team! Hearts will bully us, kick us and probably get a penalty to win one nil.

I have thought about this and believe the team do not have either the testicular fortitude nor mental strength to overcome or beat the sluggers from the West of the City!

Before anyone starts calling me a Yam and such other nasty names...I will remind some on here that I have been supporting Hibs for nearly 40 years! first game my daddy took me down to ER when I was 3 - so spare the nonsense and debate

Point of debate: Winning Mentality and strength to overcome??

2. Log in to remove the advert

What's that funny smell?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Shh don't upset me like that.

Blog Entries
    Please enlighten me and continue CH07!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please enlighten me and continue CH07!
    Well to come on here and slate us and predict a defeat at home to a team who are below us in the league after we've lost 1 in 14 games is a bit sniff sniff

Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    Well to come on here and slate us and predict a defeat at home to a team who are below us in the league after we've lost 1 in 14 games is a bit sniff sniff
    Smithy deffo isnt a yam, I know him
    He is being a bit pessimistic though

Blog Entries
    Not really!

I am very worried about this derby and if you think I'm wrong and believe differently go right ahead and persuade me differently.

The only thing I can see saving us is that the Jumbos cant score and rely heavily on strategic free kicks and corners.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Smithy deffo isnt a yam, I know him
    He is being a bit pessimistic though
    Hey Bollah, cheers for the endorsement. Cant make myself believe this time though as much as I try to do the old reverse psychology thingy!!

Not really!

I am very worried about this derby and if you think I'm wrong and believe differently go right ahead and persuade me differently.

The only thing I can see saving us is that the Jumbos cant score and rely heavily on strategic free kicks and corners.
    What makes you think they will win though?

They can't score as you say, we are at home and despite the Rangers game we are still on avery good run. What makes you think we can't even score. How many games have we not scored in this season? Hardly any.

Blog Entries
    I think the Gers game was the wake up that will prevent us losing - a draw...maybe

Before the Gers game I had the feeling that if we got a win / draw then we may have ended up in the the kind of over confident situation that ended with the egg on face game when we announced parading CIS Cup before getting mugged.

Here's hoping....also there may be some transfer news / sickness & Injuries clearing up to bolster things

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    It will certainly be a big test especially after Sunday's game.

Hopefully lessons will have been learnt and we won't have such a gung-ho attitude this Sunday.

FWIW I think Rangers are a more physical outfit than Hearts and significantly more potent in the attacking department.

If they sign a new striker or two before the game that may give them a bit of a lift though.

Normally I am pretty negative when predicting results for these games but I can see us scoring a couple of goals, whether or not our defence is strong enough to keep a clean sheet is the question.

I'll go for a 2-1 victory.

I have been in Mexico for the last couple of weeks so I haven`t got a good handle on what is going on but from what I gather we have beaten Aberdeen away and got tanked by Rangers in the last two games. The Aberdeen result sounded really good and gave me hope for the Rangers game but alas we crapped it apparently but I`m not surprised if Murray was missing and Maka was playing with an injury that in itself could cause a lack of confidence but Rangers I hear tanked Motherwell scoring six in the process so they must be well on form. Our problems against Hearts will be the goalie position and missing Murray and Bamba so we could well lose but we will bounce back when everyone is fit again. I think they will enjoy the game more than we do but even if they win they will still be nine points behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    I have been in Mexico for the last couple of weeks so I haven`t got a good handle on what is going on but from what I gather we have beaten Aberdeen away and got tanked by Rangers in the last two games. The Aberdeen result sounded really good and gave me hope for the Rangers game but alas we crapped it apparently but I`m not surprised if Murray was missing and Maka was playing with an injury that in itself could cause a lack of confidence but Rangers I hear tanked Motherwell scoring six in the process so they must be well on form. Our problems against Hearts will be the goalie position and missing Murray and Bamba so we could well lose but we will bounce back when everyone is fit again. I think they will enjoy the game more than we do but even if they win they will still be nine points behind us.
    er,if the beat 'Well ,then us,suddenly it's 6.naw? but Istill fancy our chances.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I had a bad feeling about the huns game = correct.

Good feeling about the Hearts game and going by my stunning track record of 1 out of 1 I think we can safely say I'm right

:notworthy:

@hibs.net private member

I reckon we will get beat simply because Sunday showed how soft we are as a team! Hearts will bully us, kick us and probably get a penalty to win one nil.

I have thought about this and believe the team do not have either the testicular fortitude nor mental strength to overcome or beat the sluggers from the West of the City!

Before anyone starts calling me a Yam and such other nasty names...I will remind some on here that I have been supporting Hibs for nearly 40 years! first game my daddy took me down to ER when I was 3 - so spare the nonsense and debate

- loving your turn of phrase - V funny! Don't agree though. I know how you feel having watched the Hibees F'k up many times over the years. I'm not convinced that the form of the season so far is a lie though - I think we came up against a good team on a hot run of form on Sat and am confident that we still have the testicular fortitude added to the ability that will see us gub the Yams on Sun

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    I had a bad feeling about the huns game = correct.

Good feeling about the Hearts game and going by my stunning track record of 1 out of 1 I think we can safely say I'm right

:notworthy:
    it's in the bag !

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo

You point out were you think our weaknesses are but don't mention a word about the strengths off our opposition but you still think we'll get beat.

Some facts for you to think about; we are on a very impressive run, we are currently in the top 3 defensive record in the country. We have strikers scoring for fun forget Sunday's game against Rangers we hit the self destruct button and we paid for it.

Hearts are Playing some of the worst football in there clubs history, that quote comes for there own fans.

There top striker has scored 2-3 goals in 8 months and the discipline in there team is shocking, so I'm not sure why express concern.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar

We've shown 12 games prior to Huns that there's a winning mentality in the side. The main issue is 'bouncebackability' (***** word I know) and at the risk getting slated for using a cliche the derby is the perfect game after a heavy defeat.

I think we'll win and win well!

Games against Hearts are always difficult to predict - form often goes out the window. A lot of it has to do with mental attitude and I'm pretty sure after our defeat to Rangers Yogi will have the team back in the right frame of mind. We've been tough to beat all season. Hearts would have been really up for it if we had still been unbeaten, but that avenue of pleasure has been denied them, so - really - they've nothing left to play for at all this season.
    I expect Hibs to win (I always do), but it will not be easy and just because it's a derby we might even be in for a shock - but then that's football. However, if we start the way we did against Rangers and then don't get too cocky and bottle it, they will be beaten... - what a nice start to the year that would be!

McBride amd Murray will bring back that physical presense to the team if playing. Stack back in goals will give the defence more confidence and as i said with McBride there he'll protect the back 4. Think Deek should be dropped hate to say it but he was woeful on sunday granted he is out of position and he wasn't the only player that didn't perform. I would give young Galbraith a try.
    I defo can't see us losing on Sunday. With them missing Jose Gonzalez i think he's a big loss for them so their defence won't be as strong.

C'Mon the Hibees. :notworthy:

Blog Entries
    Good points folks!

I suppose Sunday needed to happen however, our great strike force posted itself missing for a lot of the game and that in itself worries me!

@hibs.net private member
    Agree with the OP. I don't see us winning this one.

I suppose Sunday needed to happen however, our great strike force posted itself missing for a lot of the game and that in itself worries me!
    You have to remember that it was against a Rangers side who try to play football, not a big physical side like Hertz who hoof it about and hope to fluke a penalty somewhere along the line.

Edit - here's a stat for you - in the seven games the Yams have won this season domestically, they scored a penalty in five of them that ended up winning the match.
    Last edited by Barney McGrew; 30-12-2009 at 09:33 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    surely there is only one way we will know for sure if we're gonna win or not......

.....will calgaryhibs be starting the match update threads

Theres no f,n way we will lose this derby hertz r pi5h and a fluke against the tic and a penalty against Falkirk wont change my view that this time we could well take a few off them this time,

Left by mutual consent!

We have just been on a twelve game unbeaten run mate. Yes sunday was poor and yes they bottled it, no argument there. What Yogi will be looking for now is some sort of reaction from the players, and because the game against St.Johnston has been postponed I'm affraid it's gonne have to come against our neebs from across the toon. That's the way I see it

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Yogi will make sure we don't get out-fought two games running. (Richmond is ref, though, which is a bit of a worry).

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    I'm always worried about derbies, but 1 defeat in 12 doesn't make us a bad team overnight.

I'll be in the east as usual, watching through my fingers.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I can see us winning, so long as we don't go into the game expecting to romp it, because with an attitude like that we never win. 2 nil Hibs, Stack in goals and Murray back should see us pretty solid at the back, or solid enough to at least cope with their 'attacking threat' (no names needed ).

The nerves are starting though

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    surely there is only one way we will know for sure if we're gonna win or not......

.....will calgaryhibs be starting the match update threads