hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Faxed Back to Kaunas

Do Hearts fans hate us more than we hate them?

When it comes to the yams, there are few who dislike them more than me, but when it comes to all out, vein-bulging hatred I am constantly amazed by quite how much venom some Hearts fans spout about Hibs on forums like Kickback and The Scotsman/Evening news comment boards. It has always seemed to me that in general Hibs fans cannae stand Hearts but the dislike is tempered by a wee bit of humour and the realisation that it is after all only football banter at the end of the day. Many Hearts fans on the other hand appear to despise Hibs with a ferocity that is quite alarming. Some of the comments you read make you wonder what sort of dismal lives these people lead as they seem to spend every waking hour fuming about Hibs, especially when we had the audacity to get 18 points ahead of them in the table! Now I know a keyboard gives many of these people the power to spout nonsense they'd never dare say to a Hibs fan's face, but it scares me a little nonetheless that some folk can get things so out of proportion.

Thoughts? Is a lot of it online bravado or do the yams really hate us that much?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mag7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When it comes to the yams, there are few who dislike them more than me, but when it comes to all out, vein-bulging hatred I am constantly amazed by quite how much venom some Hearts fans spout about Hibs on forums like Kickback and The Scotsman/Evening news comment boards. It has always seemed to me that in general Hibs fans cannae stand Hearts but the dislike is tempered by a wee bit of humour and the realisation that it is after all only football banter at the end of the day. Many Hearts fans on the other hand appear to despise Hibs with a ferocity that is quite alarming. Some of the comments you read make you wonder what sort of dismal lives these people lead as they seem to spend every waking hour fuming about Hibs, especially when we had the audacity to get 18 points ahead of them in the table! Now I know a keyboard gives many of these people the power to spout nonsense they'd never dare say to a Hibs fan's face, but it scares me a little nonetheless that some folk can get things so out of proportion.

Thoughts? Is a lot of it online bravado or do the yams really hate us that much?
    Some of the rubbish posted on Brokeback would not be tolerated on here and posters would be binned I'd imagine.

Most of it is oneupmanship from them but they seem to have a right hatred for the green and grey hoops just now - moreso than they do for us.

Forget about the internet Yams - insignificant bedwetters who get a kick out of us falling to their standards.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Therese no dange they hate me more than i hate them.

****ing despise those cretins!!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    For 90 minutes on Sunday I'll hate them like I've never hated anything in my life. After that 90 minutes is up, I'll just go back to hating Simon Cowell, Big brother, the X-Factor and soap operas no matter what the result.

I suspect most Hearts fans will be the same, the cretins on Kickback can't be a real reflection of the majority... can they?

@hibs.net private member
    Its not hatred on their part, its jealousy of us having money in the bank, good players on the pitch, a training complex that isnt over run by students, a manager that doesnt slaver nonsence, an owner that isnt looking to bail, a system where the players are paid on time, players that dont get taken out by a plastic bottle in the tunnel, a stadium that doesnt remind them of a bus shelter covered in blood stained turd and forwards that can score goals!

Left by mutual consent!
    The tinternet yams despise us.

We have a club with it's soul intact, unlike their's with it's heart and soul ripped out and stamped on by some jumped up Russian balloon. They are blot on the landscape of Gorgay/Dullry to be swept aside for an Ncp car park.

The real yams, and their are many, families who have supported their club through thick and thin, and are now in a wilderness of loss, and disillusionment who wonder what's going to happen next. And yet they still turn up in the hope of a white knight saving their Dance troup for the next generation. These real yams, you can have a pint with, and discuss all things footy. The others are for carstairs/Ipox when it all goes pete tong.

Left by mutual consent!

Do Hearts fans hate us more than we hate them?

Suppose it depends on whae you ask.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    in one of the recent threads of Kickback they seem to be agreeing with each other that they dislike us but hate the OF more.

"It's OK to beat hibs,it's not OK to hate them"

discuss.

And before I get torn to shreds I'm merely quoting the words of the greatest Jambo ever, John Cumming.

When it comes to me no chance they do.....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    They're nothing more than an opposing team in my eyes. I don't "hate" any other teams/supporters.

People who get THAT worked up about football need examined!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Aye

But do I really care?!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    For 90 minutes on Sunday I'll hate them like I've never hated anything in my life. After that 90 minutes is up, I'll just go back to hating Simon Cowell, Big brother, the X-Factor and SOAP OPERAS no matter what the result.

I suspect most Hearts fans will be the same, the cretins on Kickback can't be a real reflection of the majority... can they?
    What even Hollyoaks!! have a word with yourself!

@hibs.net private member

Re: Do Hearts fans hate us more than we hate them?

No one could hate me as much as I hate the Hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough Oscar Lomax's Avatar
    I went through High School during their 21 draw's in a row tenure and my life was made a misery by them. There was only a handfull of Hibs fans went to Dalkeith High at that time and I was one off them.
    They tore me appart and when Hibs did beat them, they were going to beat me up if I had a go at them....
    They honestly see Hibs as a joke club that should NEVER win anything before them. I know a good few die hards and if they get beaten they will not speak to anyone for days. A bitter bunch with a hate filled mentality that seems to be passed on from father to son. As a hibs fan I like to see them get beaten yes but it doesnt go much more then that. I am just bewildered some times at their total disgust towards Hibs and the supporters on a whole.
    I think Hibs are a more respected and well liked club than that lot any day!

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Coming from outside Edinburgh I have never really hated Hearts, more pitied them really - especially recently.

In my experience the delusion and nastiness towards all things Hibernian really only gathered apace after Wallace Mercer took over.

They serve a usefull purpose nowadays however, in that they give all other Scottish football fans a good laugh........,

If you pay close attention over there you'll see that it's the same few who make a lot of noise. Or in some cases nhoise

They simply don't like it up 'em and their decades of overspending (which is they reason they have their superiority complex in the first place) will see to it that they'll be looking up the table at the Hibees for many years to come.

absolutely cant stand them, more than any other species on the planet, no banter is possible with any of the jumbos i know. there attitude and affiliation to the maroon tops quite simply irritates me more than anything else.

they definitely can not hate me as much as i hate them..

Left by mutual consent!
    For 90 minutes on Sunday I'll hate them like I've never hated anything in my life. After that 90 minutes is up, I'll just go back to hating Simon Cowell, Big brother, the X-Factor and soap operas no matter what the result.

Well 99.99% of ****s that I've ever had the misfortune tae meet must be regulars on keechboak then, absolute fannies.

Recent chants of 'Kickbacks for w**k**s' at the PBS show that the majority of Hearts fans don't agree with the level of bitterness and bigotry that is on that forum.
    Most of the Jambo's i know are a fairly decent bunch who hate us for 90 min every 3 months or so. The rest of it is just good natured banter.

Kickback on the other hand, Unlike this forum, has been monopolised by a much more bigoted version of your average jambo.

How many jambos do you know who bring up religion constantly like they do on kickback?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Recent chants of 'Kickbacks for w**k**s' at the PBS show that the majority of Hearts fans don't agree with the level of bitterness and bigotry that is on that forum.
    Most of the Jambo's i know are a fairly decent bunch who hate us for 90 min every 3 months or so. The rest of it is just good natured banter.

Kickback on the other hand, Unlike this forum, has been monopolised by a much more bigoted version of your average jambo.

How many jambos do you know who bring up religion constantly like they do on kickback?
    Seriously? So they're turning on themselves like they used to on the terracing in the 80s ...

In my experience they have more bigots following them. Vast majority are just normal deluded clowns but there is a nasty streak in a lot of jambos, the internet has given them a voice and a means to act wider than they would ever do in public.

Their self perceived "Big Team" status hasn't done their psyche's any good either - big expectations, few achievements, huge beer bellies and very tiny t*dg*rs adds up to a lot of frustration to vent.

All in all a lot of them don't have much joy in their lives.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    I do not hate them as life is too short to hate any person. They can say that their team has a better Derby record, have won more cups and have won the Scottish Cup in 1998 and 2006. They will say that they are the big team and that we are the wee team. That all Hibs are Hobos who live in caravans and sell pegs and take prescribed drugs.............

From a Hibs point of view we have a club with little debt, a state of the art training academy and a very good football team who have every chance of finishing third or with luck better.

So, let them hate us and become bitter and twisted with hate as they have a very uncertain future
    Gerard
    Last edited by Gerard; 29-12-2009 at 06:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Why hate when you can laugh? Plus Takes up less energy

In any case I thought the Jambos hated themselves more than they hated us...?

Since the very early 60s Rangers had been my all time most hated club in the world, the 70s in particular was the worst period, however over the last few years with the mad one taking over the hatred has shifted away up in piggery land for me, they don't give a toss who they beat as long as it's us, period, and that just goes to show what an bunch of inbred **** sucking *******s they are

I hate to lose to them and I hate them doing that stupid twirly thing with their scarves, but it stops there.

What's the point of criticising 'them' for thinking 'they're' better than 'us' and then going on to list all the ways 'we're' better than 'them'?

I would suggest that for every deluded Hearts fan who thinks they're the "Big Team' there's a deluded Hibs fan who thinks we're morally superior to them in some way.

Hearts fans support an Edinburgh club with its own traditions, as opposed to being Glory Hunters following the OF and I've absolutely no problem with that.

I do think Hibs fans are generally cooler, though!

Blog Entries
    I recently got binned by sociopathback after a year or so and a few hundred posts in the guise of a disaffected yam.

I was pretty much always coherent in arguments, very anti-Vlad, and my poking was mainly at those who would back him to the hilt no matter what.

In comparison to here, the tolerance for non party line views is zero, venomous and frankly disturbing. Trying to have anything approaching a rational debate with the more monumentally loony element - Le Chat, Therapist, Chad Sexington, Victorian et al is like trying to milk a chicken, impossible and pointless.

I think the problem is a few of their suppport do not have a brain cell between them and are all hard men typists. They go onto various websites and spout hatred that is unbelievable. They have the cheek to condemn the unwashed through the west but are no better themselves.
    I have too many yam mates to use the word hate.
    So, no, I do not hate them.
    I do however despise what a few of them are and that is pure bigots and I actually think some of them need to go to a psychiatrist because it is not natural to have such a deep hatred for a team or their support. Quite sad really so they are more to be pitied than hated.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    I think their hatred of us is fuelled by jealousy. Hibs have always been a fairly well liked team among fans of other clubs whereas Hearts are right up there with the Old Firm when it comes to teams everyone loves to see getting stuffed. Their misplaced arrogance since Vlad arrived on the scene just made them even more loathsome. Personally I just regard them as a joke club.

I dont care what is happening down gorgie way.

Why read into all the shambolcs of the HOMFC whne there is so much happening at the FAMOUS EDINBURGH HIBEES!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    It's good when we beat them, especially on the back of the big team wee team nonsense that they console themselves with whenever Plan A [ CL qualification ] goes tits up. But naturally hate or dislike as an automatic response? That may be a bit far for me. Save that for when the Old Firm come calling. I always feel " contaminated" when I have been near any of them and when you hear some of the bigoted guff that RFC inflicted on us last Sunday, well that dislike is not superficial. Something deep down tells you it is not right.