hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

What Hibs are missing!

After todays performance it was clear that hibs are missing a bit of passion from any one individual. Miller was always wanting the ball and looking to create something, however, he always looks like he is just 'going about his business'. Hogg was very quiet today and later in the game looked like he didnt care. Bamba shouts and moans but I think everyone seems to ignore him as if he just likes a good moan.

Hibs dont seem to have a figure that everyone respects in the team, a sauzee type player. Someone that can look at the game and know if it needs slowing down, or speeding up, if players need a kick up the erse.

Today it seemed like belief washed away, and although the manager can jeer you up, from my experience playing football, no one is better than a respected footballer on the pitch.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After todays performance it was clear that hibs are missing a bit of passion from any one individual. Miller was always wanting the ball and looking to create something, however, he always looks like he is just 'going about his business'. Hogg was very quiet today and later in the game looked like he didnt care. Bamba shouts and moans but I think everyone seems to ignore him as if he just likes a good moan.

Hibs dont seem to have a figure that everyone respects in the team, a sauzee type player. Someone that can look at the game and know if it needs slowing down, or speeding up, if players need a kick up the erse.

Today it seemed like belief washed away, and although the manager can jeer you up, from my experience playing football, no one is better than a respected footballer on the pitch.
    Belief!Yogi should swallow his pride and drop Hogg,make Murray captain.And drum into them the old firm mentallity that nothing but a win anywhere is acceptable!

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Spain View Post
    Belief!Yogi should swallow his pride and drop Hogg,make Murray captain.And drum into them the old firm mentallity that nothing but a win anywhere is acceptable!
    Unbelievable.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Unbelievable.
    Truly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Spain View Post
    you never give up with the digs at hoggy! who would you give the arm band to if hogg and murray werent playing?

i think yogi will be drumming that mentality into them this week. he said it on the radio after the match, at the old firm all you are told about is you MUST win, there isnt anything else apart from this mentality, and some of them do.....

after locking the players in the dressing room after the game for a wee while and early start tomorrow, i think the players will know yogi's feelings.

are we sounding like the jambos when saying the word believe
    Last edited by oconnors_strip; 27-12-2009 at 06:07 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Oh dear. We've been brillant the last few weeks and our belief and spirit has got us through some dodgy performances. Let's not get silly over a defeat from the likely champions when we are not really in that league yet.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Oh dear. We've been brillant the last few weeks and our belief and spirit has got us through some dodgy performances. Let's not get silly over a defeat from the likely champions when we are not really in that league yet.
    yes we have had good results, however, what today showed is that we were a bit gutless, and happy to roll over and accept that they were better. I dont think anyone can argue that after the 3rd went in the heads went down and we accepted the defeat. There was no fight in the team, and if that is the case we will be on the end of more defeats later in the season when its more testing physically and mentally.

When you see irvine meadow play against us in the scottish cup, even if we are 5 - 0 up, you will see them trying there heart out all over the pitch. Thats what a sauzee type would bring to hibs, keep trying no matter what!

@hibs.net private member
    We are missing a goalie

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Rangers strength in mid field was too much for our light weight mob. Especially when the grounds become heavy like today you need some muscle in the team. I like to see us play a passing game but Rangers looked a much stronger and fitter team than us today.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    what where missing is a formation, a keeper, two full backs and some width in left midfield. my solutions 442, weaver,david gray, kris commings or ivan sproule
    Last edited by yekimevol; 27-12-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: missed him