hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Yogi's rant with Bamba

Does anyone know what Yogi went mental about with Bamba in the 1st half? Thought Yogi was going to lose the plot.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Bamba came over saying that Maka was injured. Yogi knew this fine well and told him that he knew and he should get back to being a centre defender and stop telling him what to do.

Shortly after this Hughes called someone, either Maka or Bamba a "*****ing coward" in conversation with his assistant.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know what Yogi went mental about with Bamba in the 1st half? Thought Yogi was going to lose the plot.
    Yeh ..After a passage of play that ended up with Maka having to come out of his box to clear.Yogi thought Maka's kick should have been better.Bamba was trying to explain that Maka was struggling with his kicking cos of an injury and ended up coming right into Yogi's face and repeated it about four times till Yogi got the point.After that Bamba and Hanlon took the goal kicks

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    maybe when he decided to pass the ball out of his box instead of clearing his lines and contributed hugely to their second goal ?
    btw the guys on the radio on the way home were laughing at bamba getting the sponsors MOM, billy dodds saying he was the second worst hibs player after Maka .was just ok for me.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    maybe when he decided to pass the ball out of his box instead of clearing his lines and contributed hugely to their second goal ?
    btw the guys on the radio on the way home were laughing at bamba getting the sponsors MOM, billy dodds saying he was the second worst hibs player after Maka .was just ok for me.
    -
    Billy Dodds can * right off. He's a die-hard hun and a hibs hater to boot.

Bamba was brilliant today.

If him (big Sol) and Yogi had a fall out it's because it's they're two similar characters. If Yogi was calling Sol a coward I'll eat my own shoes. Pish, whoever said that.

Maka maybe, not Sol.
    Last edited by marinello59; 27-12-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Please don't bypass the swear filter, it's there for a reason!!!!

The truth is Bamba was making a point to Hughes that he is fed up with Maka and his injury,,,,,,and was getting a message to hughes fro someone to get it through to him...

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Tbh, as ***** as Maka is, his teammates shouldn't be getting at him in the game. Only going to cause his confidence to go down even further.
    Everyone is their own best critic, I'm sure he didn't need to be told he was having a ***** game.

I think he was probably feigning injury like he's done previously.
    Last edited by SRHibs; 27-12-2009 at 07:28 PM.

IMO if Flynn is considered good enough to be in the 1st team squad and on the bence then he should be good enough to come on and play.

Maka couldn't kick the ball which made a nightmare day for him even worse.

First Team Breakthrough DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    Was fairly close to what was going on, fairly sure that Yogi was going mental at Maka sclaffing or delaying a kick out and nearly getting caught in possession. Bamba was trying to explain that Maka had done his knee as i dont reckon Yogi was aware. Nothin more than that as far as i could see.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    It wasnt very difficult to be Hibs best player today and I totally agree cause he was only player that was trying for most of the game. I also think we missed McBride more than anyone and have no one to replace him like for like.But feel what we missed today was 11 guys playing for the jersey and I hope Yogi gives it to them hard for next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Hibs View Post
    The truth is Bamba was making a point to Hughes that he is fed up with Maka and his injury,,,,,,and was getting a message to hughes fro someone to get it through to him...
    You did well to identify that truth from your place in the East Stand
    This is how it feels

First Team Breakthrough Hibee_Rab's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rabferg
    Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee View Post
    Tbh, as ***** as Maka is, his teammates shouldn't be getting at him in the game. Only going to cause his confidence to go down even further.
    Everyone is their own best critic, I'm sure he didn't need to be told he was having a ***** game.

I think he was probably feigning injury like he's done previously.
    BS. Not one shred of proof for that.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverhibs View Post
    IMO if Flynn is considered good enough to be in the 1st team squad and on the bence then he should be good enough to come on and play.

Maka couldn't kick the ball which made a nightmare day for him even worse.
    maka wonted off at 30mins. yogi asked him to hang on ten, then he comes out for the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee_Rab View Post
    BS. Not one shred of proof for that.
    Funny how every time Maka starts having a bad game he suddenly starts limping tho', if he was truly injured why would the management team keep him on? You can't deny he's got previous for this?

I too heard from a friend who sits behind the dug out that Yogi clearly said one of his players was a coward today. I know who I think it was.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenblood70 View Post
    Funny how every time Maka starts having a bad game he suddenly starts limping tho', if he was truly injured why would the management team keep him on? You can't deny he's got previous for this?

I too heard from a friend who sits behind the dug out that Yogi clearly said one of his players was a coward today. I know who I think it was.
    Yes. Yes. And Yes.

Yogi also said in his post match interview "I looked the big fella in the eye ...." so I'm assuming Maka was lying down at the time
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

Because, as Yogi has said himself, he felt Flynn was too inexperienced for the game today

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Yogi also said in his post match interview "I looked the big fella in the eye ...." so I'm assuming Maka was lying down at the time
    Today I actually thought that he was faking the injury though, I was not at the same and watched on the telly and the close ups of Maka you could see on his face he, he looked terrified to be out there at times.

Also he managed to launch a kick up the park after staying on and didn't show any pain on his face after he connected, something which you would expect if your hamstring is as bad as he was making out.

maka was at fault for 3 goals today in my view.

he is too inconsistent and we need stack back in goals cause apart from hogg i wasnt too impressed with the defence today and they need a decent keeper behind them.

maka is out of contract and in my view he shouldnt get another aames he makes too may howlers in big big games

Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post
    Billy Dodds can * right off. He's a die-hard hun and a hibs hater to boot.

Bamba was brilliant today.

If him (big Sol) and Yogi had a fall out it's because it's they're two similar characters. If Yogi was calling Sol a coward I'll eat my own shoes. Pish, whoever said that.

Maka maybe, not Sol.
    Not related to todays game but I was at the darts for the premier league in Glasgow and Dodds was sitting just in front of us in the VIP section. A load of Celtic fans wrote on their 180 boards "we'll be having a party when the queen dies" then asked Dodds if they could get their picture taken with him. Dodds agreed and the boys held up the sign but as they were in front of him, he couldn't read it. They showed him the picture afterwards and his face was a picture in itself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvino View Post
    Bamba came over saying that Maka was injured. Yogi knew this fine well and told him that he knew and he should get back to being a centre defender and stop telling him what to do.

Shortly after this Hughes called someone, either Maka or Bamba a "*****ing coward" in conversation with his assistant.
    More than once that Maka has appeared to pull something in his leg in the middle of having a howler... some run of coincidences if its not the case!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Because, as Yogi has said himself, he felt Flynn was too inexperienced for the game today
    I agree he may have been protecting Flynn to an extent, but that does not explain the coward remarks, that apparantly were not only directed from the manager from what I hear. I think that was why he probably made those remarks (and there is no doubt in my mind he and others did), because in feigning injury in that way he was exposing an ineperienced youngster to situation he may not have been ready for.

I'm sorry, but I've defended Maka in the past but today I was disappointed in him I'm afraid.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I thought he said I'll look the big fella in the eyes and ask him if he's ok but was referring to him playing on Wednesday if there was doubt about his fitness.Anyone would have noticed his goal kicks weren't reaching the halfway line when he could ordinarily kick it into the Forth?? Don't suppose you noticed him clearing pass backs subsequent to his injury with his left foot which were crossing the half way line? A rare quality for a right footer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Spain View Post
    I thought he said I'll look the big fella in the eyes and ask him if he's ok but was referring to him playing on Wednesday if there was doubt about his fitness.Anyone would have noticed his goal kicks weren't reaching the halfway line when he could ordinarily kick it into the Forth?? Don't suppose you noticed him clearing pass backs subsequent to his injury with his left foot which were crossing the half way line? A rare quality for a right footer.
    I did and was suitably impressed
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member
    Top drawer.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Why not take bye kicks with his remarkable left foot?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Why not take bye kicks with his remarkable left foot?
    Why do you think?C'mon,give us your answer..

Coaching Staff
    Cos he shat it?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Why do you think?C'mon,give us your answer..
    I asked the question, rather than simply throw the question back try answering it.

That's no' much bloody good though is it.

You're putting across your case for him kicking a ball but what about the important part of a 'keepers job... keeping the ball out the ***** net!!!