hibs.net Messageboard

Another great story from The Daily record

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2009/12...6908-21913899/.

They really do love these stories.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's hard to work out what is sadder: the lack of imagination behind these stories; or, the fact that a large number of their fans will actually believe this guy is a tim through and through.

I'm surprised they didn't get the guy to pose wearing a kilt, that always gives me a chuckle when I see it. He'll be saying he has Irish grandparents next.

First Team Breakthrough NB Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hard to work out what is sadder: the lack of imagination behind these stories; or, the fact that a large number of their fans will actually believe this guy is a tim through and through.

I'm surprised they didn't get the guy to pose wearing a kilt, that always gives me a chuckle when I see it. He'll be saying he has Irish grandparents next.
    And he's been a Celtic supporter since he was a foetus! (Copyright Jonathan Watson)

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post

I actually think these stories is the DR's attempt at a piss poor parody, becuase no-one takes them seriously and very few Celtic fans buy the Record.

Quote Originally Posted by JackRegan View Post
    I actually think these stories is the DR's attempt at a piss poor parody, becuase no-one takes them seriously and very few Celtic fans buy the Record.
    Well at least we have something in common there Jack, every supporter from all Scottish clubs (outwith rangers) should never ever buy the DR again !!!

REAL SCOTS DON'T READ THE RECORD !!!!

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar
    How sad are all the asian fans for turning up in Celtic tops. **** off and support a club ya muppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1875 View Post
    How sad are all the asian fans for turning up in Celtic tops. **** off and support a club ya muppets.
    Sad ..?..would you be saying that if hibs had signed an asian ?...bloody good marketing if you ask me !!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRegan View Post
    I'm actually going to go against the grain here and say that there may actually be an element of truth in the article.

As someone who has travelled to Japan and SE Asia fairly extensively over the last 10-15 years, since the signing of Nakamura (and latterly Mizuno), Celtic received unprecedented coverage on TV. The national channel, NHK, runs a weekly European Football League show and Celtic usually got top billing. The CL coverage is the same.

Nakamura is also a huge media attraction and has numerous advertising contracts that rakes him in millions of Yen. Before the influx of a few South Korean players to the EPL, most SE Asian footballers would have looked at Nakamura as a roll model.

My 2 Yens worth.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    The article is absolute rubbish, I have just got back from the fishmonger, he is on the inside of most stories of this type, and he assures me that the man has always been a Ronnie Simpson fan. Pathetic journalism again.

More baloney for the great unwashed, any bull to keep them happy