hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar

the Glasgow media

reliably informed the Scottish football public last week that the title challenge of Dundee United and Hibs was "over" after both clubs drew away matches.

Will they make a similar statement about Celtic's challenge now?

2. Log in to remove the advert

they are horrific. as much as i dislike hearts, it was nice to see those smelly weegies getting another hiding.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Celtic looked dreadful. Lot of the ball from what I saw but finishing hopeless. Samaras just awful. Fans cannot be happy they are certainly not playing football anything like the same we were after Mowbray took over. I know they were down to 10 men but it's only Hearts FFS!!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    They will churn out the tired old message about Scottish football being rubbish, which IMO a load of bull****, and easy journalism.

What you have to realise is that today was all part of the Scottish Establishment conspiracy to hand the title to Rangers.

What's the odds that the above sentence will be in the 'Fans Forum', or whatever it's called, in the DR tomorrow

The wonderful weedgie press, we might not win the title but wouldnt it be great to see how far we can push them to see how many bull**** stories they can come up with to unsettle the team they've already hit us with zouma and riordan supposedly leaving, whos next Bamba,Stokes,Miller come the end of March/April if we're still there theyl b ****ting bricks that one of their beloved two may lose out on a top two place, of course they'l come out and say how good it is for scottish football that there's a challenge but the next page will be about how scottish football has hit an all time low,

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes this result today will piss Glasgow right off as they will have back track and say there is compitition for the title outwith the old firm.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Celtic really need to be playing in a league where they wouldn't be out of place. Maybe there's a vacancy in the Vauxhall Conference?

After all if the wee team (aka Troubled Hearts) can beat them, they can't be very good.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Does anyone think there will be a clamour from the meedja saying that really to go forward Hibs should be allowed to play in England?
    Anyone? No, didn't think so

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone think there will be a clamour from the meedja saying that really to go forward Hibs should be allowed to play in England?
    Anyone? No, didn't think so

Not in the media, maybe, but I'd be very surprised indeed if the thought hadn't lodged in RP's cranium....

All the stories / comments that appear in the weegie press is not to unsettle us but to try and make the great unwashed believe that the are better than us. it is they who are disillusioned. 'mon Hibs and D Utd lets stuff it right up 'em. GGTTH:notworthy:

@hibs.net private member millarco's Avatar
    In fairness the chat this week from what I could gather was that the Kilmarnock result was a blow; it put the OF a couple more points clear, and questions were raised over whether a title challenge could be maintained. It's the same question that has been debated over the last couple of months, and is a valid one. I genuinely think the media would prefer a title challenge from us or Dundee Utd. It would revitalise the game, creating a greater interest, and would spark a reaction from the OF.

And hardly a day goes by without Bougherra/Boyd/Davis/McGeady/Brown/Caldwell being linked with someone. Is this an attempt to unsettle them? Besides, I would expect more interest and speculation surrounding our players, as they would be in great form.

If we don't maintain a title bid it's because we're not good enough, not because of the media/referees/SPL etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    Celtic really need to be playing in a league where they wouldn't be out of place. Maybe there's a vacancy in the Vauxhall Conference?

After all if the wee team (aka Troubled Hearts) can beat them, they can't be very good.

Driving home to-night Spoony on 606 kept calling them "lowly Hearts".

Definitely my preference.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    reliably informed the Scottish football public last week that the title challenge of Dundee United and Hibs was "over" after both clubs drew away matches.

Will they make a similar statement about Celtic's challenge now?

To be honest, I don't think their information is exactly controversial.

Unless Hibs make a couple of top class signings in Jan, avoid injuries and hope that the OF don't, then there will be no title challenge.

I have been here before with Hibs. With better teams than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    To be honest, I don't think their information is exactly controversial.

Unless Hibs make a couple of top class signings in Jan, avoid injuries and hope that the OF don't, then there will be no title challenge.

I have been here before with Hibs. With better teams than this one.
    I don't either, I'm just making the point. Which is a point more than Celtic made today.

IF we manage to beat Rangers and Hearts, things will look very, very interesting, and will make the Old Firm match a crucial one for them in a very different way from normal...

We're gonnae win the league :o) and I've got £20 on it, £2grand for me in May

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    IF we manage to beat Rangers and Hearts, things will look very, very interesting, and will make the Old Firm match a crucial one for them in a very different way from normal...
    The media should welcome it really, all they have to do is consider that shocking OF game at Celtic Park near the start of the year when both of them were happy with a draw. That was possibly the worst game I have ever seen. They can't do that if someone else is keeping them honest.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Only problem is they play each other before we play the Yams.

One step at a time, we need to beat Rangers first and foremost and let's not forget about the match at McDiarmid Park which is sandwiched between the Rangers and Hearts games. That will not be an easy match by any manner of means as St Johnstone have already dumped us out of the League Cup at ER and did not deserve to lose 3-0 in the league game.

If we have any serious ambitions of finishing in the top two this year, we need to be winning that match.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    One step at a time, we need to beat Rangers first and foremost and let's not forget about the match at McDiarmid Park which is sandwiched between the Rangers and Hearts games. That will not be an easy match by any manner of means as St Johnstone have already dumped us out of the League Cup at ER and did not deserve to lose 3-0 in the league game.

If we have any serious ambitions of finishing in the top two this year, we need to be winning that match.
    Really if we have any chance we need to be winning the next 2 games, if not the 3 altogether. Rangers seem to be getting in stride, if we manage to beat them, then Celtic beat them that would throw a major spanner in their works going into the critical January period.

Hibs just need to concentrate on the next match and raking up as many points as they can. 3rd place would be a great achievement for Hibs. Anything better - even if the OF are weaker than they've been in years - would be an unbelievable feat.

Forget winning the SPL. Rack up the point as quickly and relentlessly as possible and see wheere that takes us.

Celtc fud at my work last week was saying 'is that your bubble burst?' last week

I agreed humbly but will chuckle this morning.....

I don't really think we will win the league but competing is fun while it lasts

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...le6963311.ece?

I'm delighted articles like this appearing in the press at the moment, this one basically asking if we're able to even finish third.

I can remember the dodgy press that the Yams got, before Sir Albert of Kidd appeared. Was all about how their bottle would crash soon, eventually, whenever. Press were wetting themselves, and that was long before the riches were on offer from the Champion's League. That pair have now budgeted heavily for CL/Europa money, so yes; batton down the hatches my fellow Hibbies. It could be a long, sh*t-spinning Winter.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by millarco View Post
    In fairness the chat this week from what I could gather was that the Kilmarnock result was a blow; it put the OF a couple more points clear, and questions were raised over whether a title challenge could be maintained. It's the same question that has been debated over the last couple of months, and is a valid one. I genuinely think the media would prefer a title challenge from us or Dundee Utd. It would revitalise the game, creating a greater interest, and would spark a reaction from the OF.

And hardly a day goes by without Bougherra/Boyd/Davis/McGeady/Brown/Caldwell being linked with someone. Is this an attempt to unsettle them? Besides, I would expect more interest and speculation surrounding our players, as they would be in great form.

If we don't maintain a title bid it's because we're not good enough, not because of the media/referees/SPL etc.

Well said.

I see the conspiracy theorists are glossing over this post though.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 21-12-2009 at 08:44 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by crewetollhibee View Post
    I can remember the dodgy press that the Yams got, before Sir Albert of Kidd appeared. Was all about how their bottle would crash soon, eventually, whenever. Press were wetting themselves, and that was long before the riches were on offer from the Champion's League. That pair have now budgeted heavily for CL/Europa money, so yes; batton down the hatches my fellow Hibbies. It could be a long, sh*t-spinning Winter.
    Even in an era when Aberdeen were winning the league regularly, and three years after Dundee Utd won it? I don't recall that, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by millarco View Post

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Even in an era when Aberdeen were winning the league regularly, and three years after Dundee Utd won it? I don't recall that, tbh.
    Oh they were. They saw Hertz as yet another intruder they could do without. Celtic scraped the league, they were delighted; Sourpuss arrived at Der Hun and normal service was resumed. (To this day !).

The two "national" daillys are shocking. Yet their apologists state that it is just a numbers game and their coverage reflects the size of the supporters base of rantic

I would wager your st middens, murderwells and, er ,hamiltons get more column inches than the capital clubs.

Supporters of other clubs should stay well clear and buy their local paper e.g EEN to keep abreast of their clubs news.

I ****in despise them!