hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday's games

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arabs are pants without Webster. They'd be 6+ points worse aff without him IMHO
    I've not seen enough of them this season so couldn't comment on the number of points he's saved them but I've got to agree - when you've got to play Dods/Kenneth/Wilkie as his replacement you're going to be worse off.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I've not seen enough of them this season so couldn't comment on the number of points he's saved them but I've got to agree - when you've got to play Dods/Kenneth/Wilkie as his replacement you're going to be worse off.

I hope we don't have similar problems when we lose Bamba for a month.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I hope we don't have similar problems when we lose Bamba for a month.
    Definitely need to get another centre-half in.

Normal service resumed for the diddy teams.
    3rd is the best we'll get even with gash **** firm.

Sad but true

I doubt that 0-3 hunnery drubbing will have done Levein's Scotland chances a lot of good.

I really dont get this despondancy that we will only get third at best this season.We finished 6th last year and if anybody had told me after 15 games we would be 5 points off the top,2 ahead of the 4th placed team(and a goal difference better to the tune of 6)9 ahead of 5th,11 ahead of the dons and a whopping 15 ahead of 7th i wouldnt have been absolutely delighted with our season.Ee have only lost 10 goals yet some people slate maka for losing a goal that was clearly a foul when he had in fact a very good game.we should ignore the hype of the so called title race and concentrate on ourselves.We drew at killie yet so did rangers but nothing said but that we dropped two points.
    We are having a very good season and as yogi says one game at a time.The dons game is a tricky one,as it always is,but if we do draw its not two points dropped by 1 point gained from a draw.Lets give yogi and the team credit for a cracking start to the season and after all surely europe was the target at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    I really dont get this despondancy that we will only get third at best this season.We finished 6th last year and if anybody had told me after 15 games we would be 5 points off the top,2 ahead of the 4th placed team(and a goal difference better to the tune of 6)9 ahead of 5th,11 ahead of the dons and a whopping 15 ahead of 7th i wouldnt have been absolutely delighted with our season.Ee have only lost 10 goals yet some people slate maka for losing a goal that was clearly a foul when he had in fact a very good game.we should ignore the hype of the so called title race and concentrate on ourselves.We drew at killie yet so did rangers but nothing said but that we dropped two points.
    We are having a very good season and as yogi says one game at a time.The dons game is a tricky one,as it always is,but if we do draw its not two points dropped by 1 point gained from a draw.Lets give yogi and the team credit for a cracking start to the season and after all surely europe was the target at the start of the season.
    I agree with what you say....

BUT.... with the league being such a poor standard right now and the OF there for the taking, now is the best chance in 20 years of doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Mon the Hibs View Post
    I agree with what you say....

BUT.... with the league being such a poor standard right now and the OF there for the taking, now is the best chance in 20 years of doing something.
    The standards may be declining but the old firm still have far better squads than we have.The likes of mendez was missing from rangers last night along with mcgregor and brown etc have been missing from celtic.If we had the team from early 2000 with sauzee latapy etc i would have expected a big challenge but we dont have the strength in depth and if we lost say deek and liam miller for a few weeks we would really struggle.Also remember there is a big turnaround in players since last season and weve only played 15 games.
    Id love to think we could challenge the top two but more realistically 3rd or 4th is our target.Utd over the last few years seem to hit a bad patch and drop away for a while so hopefully this is the start of it happening to them.We have 4 tough games coming up and 7/8 points would be a very good haul to get meaning we would be on 36/37 points at the halfway stage of the season which would have been dreamland at the start of the season.