hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd

Bougherra out for Hibs v Huns

From BBC News:

Algeria insist that Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra reports in France on 27 December for African Cup of Nations preparations, meaning he will miss matches against Hibernian, Dundee United and Celtic. (Various)

One of the few Hun players these days I really rate - this could mean they have a hole in defence and be missing a player who likes to get forward.

The fact it's those 3 matches in particular makes for an interesting period over Christmas, and it will be interesting to see how the top four looks come January.

Excellent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From BBC News:

Algeria insist that Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra reports in France on 27 December for African Cup of Nations preparations, meaning he will miss matches against Hibernian, Dundee United and Celtic. (Various)

One of the few Hun players these days I really rate - this could mean they have a hole in defence and be missing a player who likes to get forward.

The fact it's those 3 matches in particular makes for an interesting period over Christmas, and it will be interesting to see how the top four looks come January.

Excellent.
    To be honest it doesnt matter if he is there or not, the Huns are still Nade

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post

Yet still above us in the league. This is the bit of good news which could help swing that, if even only for now.

Yet still above us in the league. This is the bit of good news which could help swing that, if even only for now.
    Yes above us by an amazing 2 goals, I also think that he is their best player, but wether he plays or not I am confident we will beat them

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    They're only Nade compared to their usual form. They're still currently in 1st and 2nd place. Any small advantage we can get is great.

Thing is, it's kinda cancelled out with us losing Sol.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    They're only Nade compared to their usual form. They're still currently in 1st and 2nd place. Any small advantage we can get is great.

In my opinion Rangers have been rotten for about the last 3 years, but through bad managerial & player choices we never really had the chance to close in on them.

I now believe we have the personnel in all regards to give them a right good fright, I still think we will finish 3rd but we will give them something to think about.

In hindsight I was probably flippant about Bougherra as he is a decent player and they will miss him, but the fact remains they are still honking

We will probably be missing Bamba also

I agree he is one hun player who stands out amongst Nade players.

The yams will be without our hero and wage thief Kingston too for Jan 3rd - not sure if thats good or bad

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir

Bougerha is more influencial to their team than Sol is to ours. Not that Sol isn't great because he is, but we can move Murray back and will be pretty much just as solid.

Huns will be bringing in Wilson, a youngster with little experience. Although he has looked decent, it's stilll a big difference.

Gamer IDs

Difference between Sol and Bougherra is while Sol is very good and a big part of our success so far, Bougherra is THE stand out player for Rangers.

If it wasn't for him and a dodgy penalty, Rangers 3 points at Falkirk would probably have been 1 or 0.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

yogi has asked the ivory coast if bamba can meet up with them after the rangers game

From BBC News:

Excellent.
    no differance from us loosing bamba