Barr again

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Superb.

What are the Mericks over the road saying, anyone?

If his agent is trying to use this as a negotiation tactic it's a wee bit lame!

It's clearly a fabrication as Hearts and Hibs are described as 'rivals' and as any fule kno, it's been several years since we were told that we could 'no longer be considered [Hearts'] rivals'.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    It's clearly a fabrication as Hearts and Hibs are described as 'rivals' and as any fule kno, it's been several years since we were told that we could 'no longer be considered [Hearts'] rivals'.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    If he continues to play as badly as he seemed to against Rangers at the weekend, Hearts are welcome to him.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Take him in a heartbeat.

Playing in a better team with better players and a manager that knows him he would flourish.

His agent will be lucky to see anyone from ER if he's been blabbing to up the ante.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Take him in a heartbeat.

Playing in a better team with better players and a manager that knows him he would flourish.

I don't think he'll find all this at the Pinkdome. I could take him or leave him but a move to the Jambos would be a really bad move for the guy.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    If it's his agent talking, i think we can safely put to bed the 'Barr is signing a pre-contract but will do what Nish done and end up coming in January for a couple hundred grand' statements

Never Hogg Class

I think Eddie May is talking through his erse,his chairman will just let a quarter mil £ slip through his hands right enough but whether Barr is worth that,i'm not totally convinced of him.think we need a bigger robust type player...........likesay Bamba for January

Blog Entries
    I think he's a good player but he was completely asleep for the Huns 1st goal on Saturday. If Hogg, Bamba or Jones had allowed that to happen they would have been slaughtered on here.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    If he continues to play as badly as he seemed to against Rangers at the weekend, Hearts are welcome to him.
    I didn't think he was that bad to be honest.

Over on FifteenPointsBack the general view seems to be that (a) it is already a done deal with Hibs; (b) this is just an attempt to push Barr's price up a bit; and (c) they don't want him anyway as Barr is not good enough to hold down a place in the Yams defence.

The Yams apparently already have the "best defender in the SPL". Not sure who that can be - Concalves isn't too shabby, but best defender, I think not.

I'm not really interested in what Hearts are doing as we have moved on to a higher level now leaving them behind. I am more interested in our rivals (the big team club) such as Celtic, Rangers and Dundee Utd.

Anyway I don't think his defending has been too clever recently but maybe okay for right back.
    Last edited by ahibby; 10-12-2009 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    I'm not really interested in what Hearts are doing as we have moved on to a higher level now leaving them behind. I am more interested in our rivals (the big team club) such as Celtic, Rangers and Dundee Utd.
    I think that you are being a bit hard on the Yam who made that infamous quote. He said that the Yams had moved to "a whole different level from Hibs". And to be fair, he has not been proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbie0762 View Post
    I think that you are being a bit hard on the Yam who made that infamous quote. He said that the Yams had moved to "a whole different level from Hibs". And to be fair, he has not been proved wrong.

Blog Entries
    Over on FifteenPointsBack the general view seems to be that (a) it is already a done deal with Hibs; (b) this is just an attempt to push Barr's price up a bit; and (c) they don't want him anyway as Barr is not good enough to hold down a place in the Yams defence.

The Yams apparently already have the "best defender in the SPL". Not sure who that can be - Concalves isn't too shabby, but best defender, I think not.

He'll also be gone in Jan if Yams can find a buyer!!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    [/B]

He'll also be gone in Jan if Yams can find a buyer!!
    Signing a pre-contract with Celtc apparently...

Hopefully him and Wallace will be away.

And after all the Yam's understand that getting rid of the high earners will allow them to improve their squad.

@hibs.net private member
    Amazing how journalists can get the wrong end of a stick and turn it into a story.

Apparently the beeb story came from the following report :- ex Hearts manager John Robertson was seen the other night, staggering through the streets of Falkirk looking for a bar...

Try looking at this from a Falkirk fans viewpoint. It shouldn't be too difficult as it's not so long ago that we were in the same position.

They've already lost some decent players and now Barr's being touted in the press to 'bigger clubs'. Some Hibs fans have discussed how they'd now like Barr to be playing for their side and whether or not we'd like him now or will wait to get him for free.

I'm a bit concerned that we're starting to sound like the OF here, as this situation reminds me a lot of the many times we've had to put up with similar. I didn't think it was a respectful way to go about things when we were on the receiving end and I'm glad that Hibs as a club have refused to comment on what Yogi has called 'speculation'.

Let's try to show the same level of dignity as fans that our club has already shown.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar

Cool

If Falkirk have already knocked back 250K from Barnsley, common sense says that they will be looking for at least that up front, and some add-ons from anyone buying him now. At the moment the only two teams in Scotland that could come up with that money with no strings are us and Celtic. Rangers can't give their management team anything other than rolling one-day contracts so despite the fact that they are a much bigger club they are not in the race. Hearts have to sell to buy and right now what have they got to sell that would cover any deal? Not Driver. Their prized asset is crocked just now and no team will pay over the odds for goods that are shop soiled.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Try looking at this from a Falkirk fans viewpoint. It shouldn't be too difficult as it's not so long ago that we were in the same position.

They've already lost some decent players and now Barr's being touted in the press to 'bigger clubs'. Some Hibs fans have discussed how they'd now like Barr to be playing for their side and whether or not we'd like him now or will wait to get him for free.

I'm a bit concerned that we're starting to sound like the OF here, as this situation reminds me a lot of the many times we've had to put up with similar. I didn't think it was a respectful way to go about things when we were on the receiving end and I'm glad that Hibs as a club have refused to comment on what Yogi has called 'speculation'.

Let's try to show the same level of dignity as fans that our club has already shown.
    That’s life I’m afraid and while we didn’t like it ultimately such sales have saved our club from going through what other clubs are going through now. Hopefully Falkirk will be able to use the money to buy players; bring through players and/or even just stay in business.

And with all due respect our sole intention is to buy him, anyone from the SPL, with a realistic view of playing him. Rather than the OF way of buying with the sole intention of weakening the opposition.
    Space to let

spot on!

Yes. There are enough supremacist, arrogant pricks in the OF and Yams support without us trying to don that shabby mantle. It's only Scottish football, not the Empire in Star Wars, although you'd never know it to read some fuds on the OF/Yamboards.

First Team Regular
    apparently stoksie is saying there is no room at easter road for darren barr , we havny signed nade have we

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Goncalves is decent, but sadly (not) soon to be Gone-calves.

Barr won't sign for Hearts. Hearts mission statement is "to bring young players through and sell them at profit" - that was Romanov's position as of earlier this week so there will be no bringing in players from other SPL teams.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhibs View Post
    apparently stoksie is saying there is no room at easter road for darren barr , we havny signed nade have we
    Where/when did he say this? If true I think he should zip it and do his talking on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If Falkirk have already knocked back 250K from Barnsley, common sense says that they will be looking for at least that up front, and some add-ons from anyone buying him now.
    That was in the summer. In the January window with six months left on his contract the player's value falls.

Falkirk will do well to get £250k max for him now. That's the price for keeping him in their squad for the last four or five months.