hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Killie and A'deen (A) - Big Games

It would be great to see us take the attitude and performance levels shown at Motherwell on the road, but these will very different games.

Wins at Rugby Park and Pittodrie have never been frequent experiences for Hibs.

Two defeats would be horrible, a couple of wins would have us going into a difficult festive period with St Johnstone (A) sandwiched in between the visits of the Creambos and Jambos.

These five games will tell us a lot about this Hibs side.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be great to see us take the attitude and performance levels shown at Motherwell on the road, but these will very different games.

Two defeats would be horrible, a couple of wins would have us going into a difficult festive period with St Johnstone (A) sandwiched in between the visits of the Creambos and Jambos.

Hope for atleast 4 points from next 2 games but would take 2 points now. 2 tough away games.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    We need to be beating Killie, draw at Aberdeen would be a good result.

The next two games are massive for us.

Win them both and I think we can be very positive about what we could achieve this season.

Lose them both and, although I wouldn't say it would be a disaster that will lead to us plummeting down the table, it could be quite damaging to our hopes of challenging for a European place.

I think anything between 2-4 points from those two matches will be OK but to be honest, despite our poor record at Rugby Park, we really shouldn't be fearing playing a side that has won just three matches this season and who sit just four points from the bottom of the table.

If we have any kind of aspiration at all this season then these are the types of games where we should be looking to take maximum points.

Exactly FH, and Yogi won't let them put in another performance like Hamilton. Everyone saw the wonders he worked with Nish at halftime against Falkirk!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I think that we are overdue a win at Kilmarnock. Not so sure about Pittodrie though. A defeat up there would not be the end of the world. Any better than two points from the two games would be fine.

If we don't lose between now and 3rd Jan and are beating Hearts late in the 2nd half, are we allowed to sing "We are unbeatable"?

We must go into the Kilmarnock game with the right attitude. It is a very winable game. If we are serious, we must go there for the win.

Aberdeen. Now that will be some game. They will pull every dirty trick in the book. They are smarting from the defeat at ER We have wo be very careful at Pittodrie. Keeping our discipline is a must.

However, there really is no reason why we cant get maximum points. Stokesy and Deeks will take care of the huns and the yams.

In yogi we trust.

We own the Capital.

The spl is one of those leagues where anyone can beat anyone, including rangers and celtic these days. As long as we go compete i'll have no complaints, the home games are where 3rd place will get sewn up this season. I agree though that if we have any ambition to split the OF 3 or 4 points is probably needed

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    We must go into the Kilmarnock game with the right attitude. It is a very winable game. If we are serious, we must go there for the win.

Aberdeen. Now that will be some game. They will pull every dirty trick in the book. They are smarting from the defeat at ER We have wo be very careful at Pittodrie. Keeping our discipline is a must.

However, there really is no reason why we cant get maximum points. Stokesy and Deeks will take care of the huns and the yams.

In yogi we trust.

We own the Capital.
    Will be tough at Sheepshoggers as they'll be gunning for us! I'll be there cannae wait!

Agreed these two games are again big.

I think I would take a win at Killie and a point / loss up in Aberdeen if offered. = 3 or 4 points

Rather than 2 draws and keeping our unbeaten run going = 2 points.

Looking at the fixtures - Dec and Jan are going to be very interesting months to see where we will end up

Saturday, 12 December 2009
    Clydesdale Bank Premier League
    Kilmarnock v Hibernian, 15:00
    Saturday, 19 December 2009
    Aberdeen v Hibernian, 15:00
    Sunday, 27 December 2009
    Hibernian v Rangers, 12:00
    Wednesday, 30 December 2009
    St Johnstone v Hibernian, 19:45
    Sunday, 3 January 2010
    Hibernian v Hearts, 15:00

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I think that we are overdue a win at Kilmarnock. Not so sure about Pittodrie though. A defeat up there would not be the end of the world. Any better than two points from the two games would be fine.
    we are not due anything. everything we get is through hard work and the team are starting to see this for themselves. IMO 4 points is the least we should take.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Hibee View Post

I think I would take a win at Killie and a point / loss up in Aberdeen if offered. = 3 or 4 points

Looking at the fixtures - Dec and Jan are going to be very interesting months to see where we will end up

Sunday, 27 December 2009
    Sunday, 3 January 2010
    Out of that id take a win at killie, a point away at aberdeen, draw/win at rangers, 3 points at st johnstone and 3 at hearts or is that just being a bit optimistic??

We should beat killie - they rarely score, we rarely concede goals. So hopefully we will pick three points up there. If we can get anything above 0 points in Aberdeen then we are doing very well. Especially seeing as Rangers were beaten up there.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    If we don't lose between now and 3rd Jan and are beating Hearts late in the 2nd half, are we allowed to sing "We are unbeatable"?
    We know what happens after that song is sung...

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I think we'll take 3 points from the next two games... though I aint sure which of the two will beat us.

4 points would be fantastic

Testimonial Due

Sunday, 27 December 2009
    Sunday, 3 January 2010
    That's a tough set of fixtures - I think Killie away is our best chance of a win - I'd frankly take 5 points from that lot - provided one of them is on the 3rd of January!

Suspect we'll slip up with Rangers and St Johnstone and anything from Pittodrie is a bonus.

Think Killie away is very much of must win to keep the momentum into the festive period. Without it we could be struggling to play catch up with Utd.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    i want 15 points from these games!!!

If we have no injuries and we keep playing like we are there are no reasons why we can't win all the games. We have probably the best strike force in the league and our defence has hardly conceded a goal. We are playing 2 of the bottom 6 teams away from home, Gers and Yams at ER where it's now a fortress, our toughest game could be the sheep away, mind you they can't keep 11 players on the park as thre a bunch oh hacket men....

Have no fear Hibees, in Yogi we trust. If is a big word but these teams hold no fear for a fully fit and focused Hibs team.

The only bad news is i'm up for 4 ot of the next 5 games and my win rate over the past 5 years is pretty poor.... but i'm confident this is due a change:notworthy:

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    The next two games are massive for us.
    EVERY game between now and the end of season is going to be massive for us. We are right up there with the Arabs breathing in our pants.

Bring it on

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Killie away just seems to be jinxed. I used to go to all the away games but haven't been to Killie for two years. I can't actually remember being there and winning more than twice although I'm sure we have. Was at the game when Boozy got crocked too! Bad vibes

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think these games will be tough, but then most games are! If we take the desire, application, and skill that we showed on Saturday into any of these games, I'd be confident of a win. Anything less than that and we're liable to drop points.

6 points would be an unbelievable boost to take into the Rangers and Hearts games.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Id take a draw in both, being 12 games undefeated going into Christmas would be fantastic.

4 points. A win at Killie and a draw v the Sheep.
    I'd love to take all three at Aberdeen but would swap them for a win against the HUNS

Quote Originally Posted by Newhaven View Post
    EVERY game between now and the end of season is going to be massive for us. We are right up there with the Arabs breathing in our pants.

Bring it on
    Of course, I completely agree. I didn't mean to come across as if I was saying that other games this season are any less important than the next two.

All I meant was that the next two games, because they're away and because we don't have a particularly good record at either ground, are absolutely massive for us if we are going to be serious about finishing in 3rd place (or even better).

They're just the types of games that Rangers and Celtic would not get 0 points from in successive weeks.

I would actually say that December is a huge month for us. We have four games coming up in the rest of this month, three of them are away and the other at home to one of only two teams that are currently above us.

December's historically not really a great month for us. Since 2000/01, this is our points per game average for each month;

October-1.86 ppg
    September-1.83 ppg
    August-1.56 ppg
    November-1.38 ppg
    April-1.27 ppg
    March-1.26 ppg
    December-1.25 ppg
    January-1.24 ppg
    February-1.14 ppg
    May-1.03 ppg
    July-1 ppg

I would say that if we can bring in 2010 still within touching distance of the top of the league, then it would be quite significant for the remainder of the season.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo

Sunday, 27 December 2009
    Sunday, 3 January 2010
    Indeed these are the months where in the past our form has been dented...i'd take 4pts out the next 6 tbh...

@hibs.net private member
    We should looking to win the next five games. Whether we will is another question. But I hate it when its talked about splitting the ugly sisters, if we can beat one of them why not the pair of them. As a fan I go to games hoping Hibs win them all. So let be positive its only Killie away. They are second bottom of the league. We are on a roll.

In Yogi we trust

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    i would be happy with 4 points but i fear that we will lose to aberdeen. in reality we must be beating kilmarnock even if they are at home, if we are to achieve 3rd or better this season, we really should be beating aberdeen but they can raise their game on any given day so it really comes down to which aberdeen team turns up.

next 5 games

kilmarnock - win - 2 -0
    aberdeen - lose - 2 - 1
    rangers - lose 1 -0
    st johnstone - win - 3- 0
    hearts - win - 1 - 0

we 'll see how wrong i am come jan!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naw PSN ID: Naw Wii Code: Naw
    Wednesday night in Perth* disnae fill me with cheer

That's the banana skin fixture IMO

Would be more than happy to be proved wrong

*Nae offence to Perth, as it's a lovely place

Quote Originally Posted by NaeTechnoHibby View Post
    Wednesday night in Perth* disnae fill me with cheer

That's the banana skin fixture IMO

Would be more than happy to be proved wrong

*Nae offence to Perth, as it's a lovely place
    I'm going to Eberdeen, Perth and Tannadeechee in the next few weeks and tbh I think its quite possible I won't see the Hibs win! Defo 3 toughies!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    I think, as Hibs fans, we're blinded by the past pish performances that we've seen away from home. Granted, we've only won 2 away games this year but we're more than capable of winning more. Out of the 4 we haven't won, 2 (Huns and Hertz) were good draws. Might have expected more in Paisly and defo more at Hamilton.

If the Hibs that turned up at Fir Park come back out to play in our next 2 fixtures, it's 6 points. If it's the Hibs that turned up at Hamilton, then we're goosed.

FWIW, I can't see another Hamilton performance but I think there may be a Saints performance, which was well below par. That may see us past Killie but would set us up for a defeat against the Dons.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that we are capable of surprises and dion't think I can call these games as easily as I may have been able to in the past.