hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs Up Can We Do Better Than 12,439 Hibs Fans This Weekend?

There were 12,439 Hibs fans at the game against Falkirk. At the previous home game against Aberdeen the figure was 12,101.

Can we keep the upward spiral going?

We can make it happen by bringing back those lapsed Hibees.

Let's make it happen

:notworthy:

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees Reunited View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There were 12,439 Hibs fans at the game against Falkirk. At the previous home game against Aberdeen the figure was 12,101.

Let's make it happen

I'll be back after my usual six day lapse.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Japhakayk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I'll be back after my usual six day lapse.
    Part timer!

Actually Saturday is a pretty big game -
    Last home game before Chrimbo
    Might go (joint) top of the league depending on results
    Motherwell still only beaten once all season (by us) and playing some decent stuff with young players
    We will have close to a full team with Riordan on top form and Stokes due a goal
    Makalamby a possible starter!
    Zemmama potentially back to full fitness
    Forecast is light rain but much milder than the last couple of days

There's really no excuse not to go!

Let's make it happen

Estimates
    • St Midden 11,800 - 1st game of season always a good crowd
    • St Johnstone Sep 10,200
    • Dundee Utd Oct 11,000
    • Killie Oct Following Week 10,500
    • Aberdeen End Oct 12,100
    • Falkirk End Nov 12,440 - Hibs Kids game

First Team Breakthrough
    Ill be there! Only been to a couple of games this season, really looking forward to it

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I will be there as usual. Hoping for nearer 14,000 in total but I can see Motherwell having only a token support as normal and that does nothing for the atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Me and my nephew will be there

I've got two extra going this weekend.

C'mon folks, let's get those phone calls, texts and e-mails off to the lapsed Hibees you know

Coaching Staff
    I'm going, first trip to Easter Road in a very, very long time.

**** working on a saturday :notworthy:

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I've got two extra going this weekend.

C'mon folks, let's get those phone calls, texts and e-mails off to the lapsed Hibees you know

Does the club offer discounts to entice 'stay away' punters back?

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Never mind that, how many days to go till the match???

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Does the club offer discounts to entice 'stay away' punters back?
    Nope. Why would they do that?

@hibs.net private member
    At the risk of stating the obvious - to get more folk through the gate? So they could see what they're missing (or not).

First game of the season for me - usually running poker on Saturday afternoons but I'm going to spend my money wisely this Saturday

As Danderhall says...

You chaps all seem to be - admirably - busting a gut to promote this yet it was still 22 quid to get into the terracing on Saturday! Is the club as keen? Is it still just about cash for Rod and co?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    As Danderhall says...

You chaps all seem to be - admirably - busting a gut to promote this yet it was still 22 quid to get into the terracing on Saturday! Is the club as keen? Is it still just about cash for Rod and co?
    The club haven't got anything to do with this, it's a fans run thing

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    As Danderhall says...

Essentially, it is about cash for Yogi. January window is coming up, most of our competitors aren't in a position to spend on strengthening their squads. Some extra money in Hibs' coffers could go a long way to securing a very good season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

As Danderhall says...

As a famous Hibs supporter once said, "And so my fellow Hibernians, ask not what your club can do for you ; ask what you can do for your club."

The club did discount Season ticket prices this season, two extra sold in our household. That does make it difficult to cut walk up prices otherwise where is the incentive to buy a season ticket?
    Hibees Reunited is about what the fans can do..............cajole and encourage others to come along. And hopefully it will make a real difference to the club coffers.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Hibees Reunited is about what the fans can do..............cajole and encourage others to come along. And hopefully it will make a real difference to the club coffers.
    How many more people do you think the Club need to get through the gate to make a real difference?

It’s a hard one this – I don’t know how you encourage folk to come back. Based on Saturday’s attendance it looks like posting threads on message boards doesn’t really work.

I was saying to a mate the other day - Hibs fans seem to need an incentive to go - remember the attendance v Dundee United when you were “guaranteed” a semi final ticket?. It’s a mentality thing that I don’t think threads on here and the bounce will change anytime soon.

I hope this doesn’t sound critical of the people who thought this idea up but I do think it’s going to take more to get folk to go back. Maybe when we start playing good football it’ll help – it worked for Mowbray.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    How many more people do you think the Club need to get through the gate to make a real difference?

It’s a hard one this – I don’t know how you encourage folk to come back. Based on Saturday’s attendance it looks like posting threads on message boards doesn’t really work.

I was saying to a mate the other day - Hibs fans seem to need an incentive to go - remember the attendance v Dundee United when you were “guaranteed” a semi final ticket?. It’s a mentality thing that I don’t think threads on here and the bounce will change anytime soon.

I hope this doesn’t sound critical of the people who thought this idea up but I do think it’s going to take more to get folk to go back. Maybe when we start playing good football it’ll help – it worked for Mowbray.
    It needs folk to get off their collective ***** and go to the game!

You are right, though - there's limited impact in having forum-based campaigns, however Hibees Reunited had presence in the EEN, as well as facebook and the official site - I'd imagine there's not a huge amount more you can do without starting to throw money at it.

The problem is (IMHO), folk are happy to wait until someone else does something - like give an incentive for going. The whole point of the campaign though, is to back Yogi by bringing extra punters through the gates and with them extra revenue for him to spend (potentially) in January.

A full house also helps the atmosphere, again this is something folk complain about almost weekly yet there are very few people doing anything about it.

IMHO, Hibees Reunited aimed to encourage people to take a bit of responsibility for the club and its success/progress. We all know Hibs operate on a tight budget, and the ONLY way that we'll ever see more getting spent on players is to generate more income from the support. Some people don't like that, but IMHO, that's the reality we're faced with.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

[QUOTE=3pm;2261897]As Danderhall says...

You chaps all seem to be - admirably - busting a gut to promote this yet it was still 22 quid to get into the terracing on Saturday! Is the club as keen? Is it still just about cash for Rod and co?[QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria1875 View Post
    The club haven't got anything to do with this, it's a fans run thing

Plus, 3pm, if Rod wasn't concerned about the cash, do you think we'd be sitting 2nd top of the league? If people want to go and see football but don't want to spend £22, they'd need to start watching lower league football.

The other option is that Rod drops the price to say £18 and we battle it out for a top 6 place. What would you rather go watch?

Either that, if you can go every week, buy a season ticket to reduce the average cost of a game. If you can't make every week, split the cost with a friend and take game about (technically against season ticket policy but unpoliceable*)

*If that's a word

Hibees Reunited isn't about cheaper tickets or gimmicks to entice fans back.

It's about those who go to most of the games getting a hold of their mates who have stopped going and getting them back. Higher attendances are the key to an upward spiral and what's on show now is a lot better than we've had in previous seasons.

That means us, the fans, taking responsibility for ourselves and doing something about it.

To anyone who thinks this is a waste of time:

Firstly, the success surely can't be judged on one game, but is something that needs done over time. The fact that so many have said on other threads that they've already talked people into going that might not hav otherwise is already success. Keep doing this and there'll be a gradual increase in attendance.

The attendance wasn't as much on Saturday as I thought it might be but there are probably good reasons for that. The weather was REALLY cold, so you can't blame some people for staying at home, especially the elderly and those with kids.

@hibs.net private member

Let's make it happen

I would hope that the Hibees re-united scheme is an ongoing project and will continue to go from strength to strength. For my part I took my daughter and her pal along for last saturday's Hibs Kids game and have a couple of more senior lapsed Hibbies in my sights for this weekend.

This scheme will work the best if pumelled away at over a prolonged period and hopefully that's what will happen - in an ideal world the returnees will be blown away by the exquisite football on display and will need no persuasion to come back the next again week. In reality they might need a bit of cajolling until they get back into the old habits. Either way it's an excellent initiative - let's keep it up!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hibees Reunited isn't about cheaper tickets or gimmicks to entice fans back.

It's about those who go to most of the games getting a hold of their mates who have stopped going and getting them back. Higher attendances are the key to an upward spiral and what's on show now is a lot better than we've had in previous seasons.

That means us, the fans, taking responsibility for ourselves and doing something about it.

I agree it's a good idea. It will work. But it won't work overnight.

I hope that the initiative isn't restricted to this forum and the Bounce as these don't represent the whole of our fan base by any stretch.

Might be a good crowd, as M'well are a decent side, and might actually let us play some football.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    I agree it's a good idea. It will work. But it won't work overnight.

I hope that the initiative isn't restricted to this forum and the Bounce as these don't represent the whole of our fan base by any stretch.
    You are right it needs to be a joined up approach and thats why the Bounce and Supporters Association are involved in this. We've come a fair way in a short space of time and managed to get folks on board but IMO I dont see this being restricted, on the contrary we need as many groups as possible.

But at the end of the day its about the individual fans and what can be achieved through us.

Times are tough so its not going to be easy but hopefully worth the effort :notworthy:

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Storar View Post
    I'm going, first trip to Easter Road in a very, very long time.

**** working on a saturday :notworthy:

You going for a pint pre-match Storar?

Blog Entries
    The big measure will be number of 1/2 seasons sold great value and gets you into Gers and Hearts over festive period.....

The campaign should be.....Santa Socks £8......Ill fitting jumper £25.....Un-wanted after shave £32......

HIBS 1/2 Season Priceless

You know it makes sense

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar

Let's make it happen

Have to say that I think the crowd on Saturday will be much the same as the crowd against Falkirk maybe slightly less. Dont think we will see larger home crowds until the half season tickets are valid, not only will the half season tickets add to the gate, but they also encourage people to pre book tickets etc as it becomes harder to guarentee seats next to mates etc..
    I'm pretty sure that our crowds will rise significantly after xmas and then again in the summer, thats how it happened when Mowbray came, some people are less easier convinced than others, but when they realise they may toil to get tickets for derbys and rantic games they tend to find the cash to get a season book...