hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar

Time of our lives - Leeds utd

Just watched sky sports 1.
    Time of our lives - Leeds utd.
    Hosted by Jeff stelling, with guests Lee chapman...Gary macallister...and Gordon strachan.
    Reliving some memories of leeds united 1991/92 season and the time they spent in the champions league.
    Some cracking tales about cantona,the crowds they got at elland road for first division games.
    But the one that made me laugh was when strachan was telling the story about when leeds came up to play rangers at ibrox, his auld man was sitting in the centre stand with complimentary tickets,gary mac scored early, and totaly silenced ibrox,strachan's auld man jumps up and goes radge,all the bears sitting round about him were going mental,shouting and swearing and trying to get him hauled out.
    He went on to say that John greig came down to try and calm the situation, said to Mr.strachan, are you a leeds utd fan,his reply was,naw am a hibs fan but love watching the rangers getting beat...

Any one else watch it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    havent got sky

Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watched sky sports 1.
    Time of our lives - Leeds utd.
    Hosted by Jeff stelling, with guests Lee chapman...Gary macallister...and Gordon strachan.
    Reliving some memories of leeds united 1991/92 season and the time they spent in the champions league.
    Some cracking tales about cantona,the crowds they got at elland road for first division games.
    But the one that made me laugh was when strachan was telling the story about when leeds came up to play rangers at ibrox, his auld man was sitting in the centre stand with complimentary tickets,gary mac scored early, and totaly silenced ibrox,strachan's auld man jumps up and goes radge,all the bears sitting round about him were going mental,shouting and swearing and trying to get him hauled out.
    He went on to say that John greig came down to try and calm the situation, said to Mr.strachan, are you a leeds utd fan,his reply was,naw am a hibs fan but love watching the rangers getting beat...

Any one else watch it?
    naw ah never watched the programme,but I was at the game and as a Hibby,I sat oan ma hands and grinned through ma teeth when the goal went in I had taken my hun lovin bro-in-law,who cant drive. his best mate was overseas and loaned him his 2 debenture seats. every time Strachan got the ba',all the huns around me screamed break that wee bassa's legs! am sure Strachan had played for Scotland a couple of weeks just before it too.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gary robertson
    watched it while i was playing poker online heard the hibs remark and had to rewind sky plus to hear it again.

quality

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    phew! it's officially over folks, we can start to like Wee Gogs again!