hibs.net Messageboard

Bamba - slightly too laid back???

Before I go on, let me say that I thought Bamba had a cracking game today.

but.............

In my opinion, on another day, against a better team, his seemingly pathological desire to take another touch/attempt to skin the oncoming striker will land us in hot water. My heart was in my mouth on several times, and although his strength and telescopic legs got him out of trouble today, I think he needs to keep it basic when in possession at the back, which - on occasion - can mean just putting his foot/head through the ball and getting on with the game, as opposed to playing keepie-uppies and going on 1 man slalom's just outside our 18 yard box!!

Maka's Cruyff turn was treading the knife-edge between genius and disaster just a little bit too much for my - and seemingly Yogi's - liking as well.

Clean sheets will be - and have been - the foundation of our season, and I just feel minimising the fannying about at the back we saw today will be necessary to keep our impressive defensive record.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    He does this every week although today he didn't seem to be doing it as well as usual. Hopefully he cuts it out before it costs us.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before I go on, let me say that I thought Bamba had a cracking game today.

but.............

In my opinion, on another day, against a better team, his seemingly pathological desire to take another touch/attempt to skin the oncoming striker will land us in hot water. My heart was in my mouth on several times, and although his strength and telescopic legs got him out of trouble today, I think he needs to keep it basic when in possession at the back, which - on occasion - can mean just putting his foot/head through the ball and getting on with the game, as opposed to playing keepie-uppies and going on 1 man slalom's just outside our 18 yard box!!

Maka's Cruyff turn was treading the knife-edge between genius and disaster just a little bit too much for my - and seemingly Yogi's - liking as well.

Clean sheets will be - and have been - the foundation of our season, and I just feel minimising the fannying about at the back we saw today will be necessary to keep our impressive defensive record.

Both Bamba and Maka "got away with it" today and you're right, on another day it will cost us dearly.

Goals conceded stats:

Tic 14
    Huns 8
    Hibs 9
    Arabs 10
    M'well 14
    Sheep 11
    Big team 16

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    But for an excellent finger-tip save from Maka, Bamba losing possession would have cost us a goal.

Outstanding in midfield .. Titus Bramble at the back.

But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

They get away with it nearly all the time and I'd rather loose the odd goal and have that bit of excitement in a game than watch 11 robots do the simple thing for 90 minutes.

i wasnt there but i think bamba is spot on, ive always thought he can be risky but i dont think i've EVER seen him lose the ball, he's a great player. Underated

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Bamba does things the hard way because he can.

Always believe in the Sol.

Bamba isnt interested anymore at hibs ,doesnt speak to other players ,fakes injury as well ,believe me this is fact

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Been saying this for a while.

If he was to head to Engerland he'd be 'found ouy' so to speak

Good enough player for the SPL though