hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bamba and the window

A wee birdie was telling me last night that bamba will be away either in january or the summer and for a fee far higher than most would expect.This would explain why yogi has got and is getting decent funds to improve the team.Also the icelandic boy is one of a number of centre halfs we have been looking at as the bamba deal is as near as damn it a done deal.He apparently prefers the centre half position which is why he has been playing there and the wee disagreement he had with hughes was about him going into midfield.
    I would think blackburn are the favourites to sign him although bolton could also be in the frame having played both of them preseason and him looking the part against them.Only problem with the transfer is the african nations cup and how far ivory coast go.But if they are knocked out early(unlikely)then we could see a lot of movement in and out of er.Barr is all but a done deal but should bamba go then we could be looking at least another 3 players in(possibly arfield) and of course a few leaving.Should be a very interesting january.
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 24-11-2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: +greggs

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A wee birdie was telling me last night that bamba will be away either in january or the summer and for a fee far higher than most would expect.This would explain why yogi has got and is getting decent funds to improve the team.Also the icelandic boy is one of a number of centre halfs we have been looking at as the bamba deal is as near as damn it a done deal.He apparently prefers the centre half position which is why he has been playing there and the wee disagreement he had with hughes was about him going into midfield.
    I would think blackburn are the favourites to sign him although bolton could also be in the frame having played both of them preseason and him looking the part against them.Only problem with the transfer is the african nations cup and how far ivory coast go.But if they are knocked out early(unlikely)then we could see a lot of movement in and out of er.Barr is all but a done deal but should bamba go then we could be looking at least another 3 players in(possibly arfield) and of course a few leaving.Should be a very interesting january.

Don't think it will be in Jamuary with the African Nations on. Think it will be in July when the world cup is finished and Rod has listened to all offers. How much are people expecting? I would expect £1.5Million for him.

Looking at the players he is with in his national side, I would hazard a guess at atleast twice that amount considering he doesn't look out of place in that team. The term 'undisclosed sum' may well be used this time

How much are Dunfermline due when we sell him on?

30% is the figure I read on here last week

Hope we get a lot more than 1.5 mil for him.

Unless it's a silly offer, hibs would be wise to hold onto him until atleast after the world cup, and the 'de la Cruz' effect.

I find it really difficult to believe all these figures being bandied about for Bamba of 1.5 million and upwards. He's hugely overrated, but hey if anybody is prepared to pay such a fee take the money and run is what I say! I saw him against Germany recently and he looked very much the least accomplished of all the players in the IC team. While I think he's a good player he has so many rough edges about him and I do wonder why his development is not progressing as fast as I would have imagined - maybe it's to do with the SPL, maybe? I really don't think Hibs would miss him too much if he leaves - I'm not against him staying with us or even against him per se - it's just if he really wants to go and there's big money on the table for him we should get on with it.

A wonderful thread title, sounds like something you'd read to small children at bedtime.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    I find it really difficult to believe all these figures being bandied about for Bamba of 1.5 million and upwards. He's hugely overrated, but hey if anybody is prepared to pay such a fee take the money and run is what I say! I saw him against Germany recently and he looked very much the least accomplished of all the players in the IC team. While I think he's a good player he has so many rough edges about him and I do wonder why his development is not progressing as fast as I would have imagined - maybe it's to do with the SPL, maybe? I really don't think Hibs would miss him too much if he leaves - I'm not against him staying with us or even against him per se - it's just if he really wants to go and there's big money on the table for him we should get on with it.
    I think his knee injury is preventing him from giving of his best but for a CH his aerial combat in the box isn't all that great and I think that is one of his weaknesess. However he has produced some great tackles in midfield to stifle breaks this season and for me that's when he looks at his best. His knee problem is probably holding him back a bit.

Blog Entries
    I think Bamba is generally a decent player who, in normal circumstances, would yield a fairly good return in a transfer to England (Rantic couldn't afford this). However the fortunate circumstances of his involvement in a successful World Cup and African Nations Cup team with a plethora of great players around him has certainly raised his stock and profile but not to the extent imagined by a lot of Hibs supporters. I don't think English clubs will be over-imrpressed by his International status and we might end up disappointed by the relatively modest fee, we eventually get for him.

I`m in total agreement with you as regards how overrated he is, he`s one of our better players but he`s also very hit and miss.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    A wonderful thread title, sounds like something you'd read to small children at bedtime.
    I miss-read it as "Bamba and the WIDOW"!

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Just saw this thread and thought the same thing Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    Looking at the players he is with in his national side, I would hazard a guess at atleast twice that amount considering he doesn't look out of place in that team. The term 'undisclosed sum' may well be used this time
    Well I'll start the bidding at £8,000,000, with add ons

Code:
    Didier Drogba         31,150,000
    Yaya Touré            18,690,000
    Kolo Habib Touré      18,690,000
    Salomon Kalou         13,350,000
    Romaric               13,350,000
    Didier Zokora          8,010,000
    Bakari Koné            7,565,000
    Abdul Kader Keita      7,120,000
    Emmanuel Eboué         6,230,000
    Gervinho               5,340,000
    Guy Demel              5,340,000
    Seydou Doumbia         5,340,000
    Jean-jacques Gosso     4,005,000
    Arthur Boka            3,115,000
    Abdoulaye Méïté        2,848,000
    Aruna Dindane          2,670,000
    Ismael Cheikh Tioté    2,403,000
    Siaka Tiéné            2,225,000
    Copa                   2,225,000
    Sekou Cissé            2,225,000
    Souleymane Bamba   1,557,500
    Emmanuel Koné            534,000
    Vincent De Paul Angban   356,000
    Brou Benjamin Angoua     244,750
    Ibrahim Koné             178,000
    Aristide Benoit Zogbo    133,500
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    How much are Dunfermline due when we sell him on?
    Pars.net figure seems to be 20%
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    As I have said before Kolo Toure was bigging him up in the Arsenal programme last season and you never know we might end up in a bidding war between Arsenal and Manc City........... Well we can hope!

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    As I have said before Kolo Toure was bigging him up in the Arsenal programme last season and you never know we might end up in a bidding war between Arsenal and Manc City........... Well we can hope!

Wenger signing a French/African footballer!!

Will never happen
    Hibernian Football Club

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    Don't think it will be in Jamuary with the African Nations on. Think it will be in July when the world cup is finished and Rod has listened to all offers. How much are people expecting? I would expect £1.5Million for him.
    Try doubling it for starters and then it'll have add-ons
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 24-11-2009 at 03:21 PM.

as his defensive partner at international level moved in the summer for £18m I would say that his value is fairly high.

If he has a good World Cup I could see a fee at least in excess of £4m, pretty ordinary defenders move round the Premiership for a lot more than that so its not an over the top figure.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    Try doubling it for starters and then it'll have add-ons

Although for once, why not try and keep hold of him?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post

Good concept. Don't see it catching on though

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think we will get a very nice fee for him when he leaves. It would not surprise me if it was a record fee recieved by Hibs.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post

How about 4 reasons to start with,

1. He doesn't want to stay

2. If we force him to stay he will walk for nothing at the end of next season.

3. Yogi will need his slice of the fee to implement the next stage of his masterplan.

4. A lot of senior players can't be bothered with his attitude. FWIW I believe he was one of the players Yogi was on about when he talked about bad trainers and he would sell players even if it upset the fans.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    How about 4 reasons to start with,

1. He doesn't want to stay

2. If we force him to stay he will walk for nothing at the end of next season.

3. Yogi will need his slice of the fee to implement the next stage of his masterplan.

4. A lot of senior players can't be bothered with his attitude. FWIW I believe he was one of the players Yogi was on about when he talked about bad trainers and he would sell players even if it upset the fans.
    Bamba wants to play in the EPL, and i think he will be there come this transfer window.

Blog Entries
    That made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster View Post
    30% is the figure I read on here last week

Hope we get a lot more than 1.5 mil for him.
    The figure mentioned was far higher than that and i believe the pars figure to be 20%.Bamba wont be looking for a transfer come january as he is away at the african nations but you never know that hibs might want to sell him to let yogi loose in the transfer market.Bamba was a great bit of business and thankfully yogi will get the benefit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think we will get a very nice fee for him when he leaves. It would not surprise me if it was a record fee recieved by Hibs.
    If he starts every game at the World Cup and Ivory Coast do well, then definitely.

I'd imagine there would be a big interest from French clubs as well as Premiership teams.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    It's crazy to think that we bought him for £50,000 just over a year ago and he's now become our most valuable player with massive fees being banded about the place.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    It's crazy to think that we bought him for £50,000 just over a year ago and he's now become our most valuable player with massive fees being banded about the place.
    In what way do you think he's our most valuable player?

I would say that Zemmama, Riordan and probably Miller are more important to the team.

He is probably going to make us the most in transfer fees though, so if thats what you were meaning i would agree with you.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    In what way do you think he's our most valuable player?

I would say that Zemmama, Riordan and probably Miller are more important to the team.

He is probably going to make us the most in transfer fees though, so if thats what you were meaning i would agree with you.
    I meant in the eyes of other clubs and managers on how much they're willing to pay bearing in mind he's only 24 and has never had the chance at the top level, much like Zemmama, whereas Miller and, to an extent, Riordan have and after playing (hopefully well) in the World Cup if he's not sold before then.